[GUIDE] Installing RUU's

Search This thread

DotNetRules

Apr 30, 2011
I can't even get a GoldCard to work on 2.37, the cards I'm using are ok as they work on a mates DHD with an earlier build. :(

Ghoneem

Jun 5, 2011
somebody please help!!!
i was running MIUI custom ROM and i now want to revert back to stock htc sense..
what RUU do i use and how so i install it???i'm quite new to all this
Android 2.3.5
miui 1.7.29

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

somebody please help!!!
i was running MIUI custom ROM and i now want to revert back to stock htc sense..
Android 2.3.5
miui 1.7.29

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Ghoneem said:
somebody please help!!!
Android 2.3.5
miui 1.7.29

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

somebody please help!!!
Android 2.3.5
miui 1.7.29

Flashed a custom rom without knowing what your doing or how to fix it if something goes wrong? Just DL the stock rom from the HTC site and run it. It will wipe your device and return you to stock. Please make sure you know what you are doing before you do it. Flashing your device is not something to be done without knowing what your doing. Flashing without any knowledge will end you up with a brick that can't turn on or be returned for warrenty.

scottsexual7

Dec 17, 2011
followed the directions to a T.... no success
trying to get my evo back to stock someone had it flashed to metro pcs, could that be ehy this method isn't working? thanks

Milanceee

Jan 30, 2012
PLEASE Help me!!! I am panicking so much!
I've installed the RUU by your guide and now my phone won't turn on! PLEASE help me somehow! :(((((((((

John Boy

Sep 12, 2007
Oxford
Hi, Thanks for this. The 1.15.405.1 Test RUU doesn't seem to want to download, but the Option B method worked a treat.

Thanks again,

JB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mod: If this should be in DHD General, please move it :)

At the moment, sometimes current RUUs (ROM Update Utility) do not flash from the latest RUU exe - many times it will not recognise the Desire HD.
    If you are having this problem, this is how to flash the latest stock RUU.
    The latest RUU at the time of writing is 1.32.405.6.

You can download the RUUs from xmoo's thread or from mousey_'s site.

note: This is mainly for stock phones, for vendor-derived ones (e.g Vodafone DHDs in Australia) you will also need a goldcard.

Common Steps

Download the latest RUU (1.32.405.6).
    Run it as administrator.

Tick the 'I understand the caution indicated above...' box, and click next.

At this point do not go any further.

Navigate to C:\Users\Ivo\AppData\Local\Temp (Replace my username with yours; AppData is a hidden folder)

You should see one or two folders like this:
    {719CE201-7B12-4A13-9AF6-8F359FE69C7B}

Go into the one with dotnetinstaller.exe in it.
    Open up the next folder.

Copy rom.zip into another folder (outside of temp).

At this point just Cancel and quit out of the ROM Update Utility.

A) Install through PC

Download and install HTC Sync 3.0 and restart.

Download the 1.15.405.1 Test RUU. It is the only one currently known to find the Android DHD.

Start it the same way as before, get to the
    1. Connect the Smartphone to the USB Cable.
    step. (but no further)

Again, go to the AppData local temp directory (same as above), and find the folder with dotnetinstaller.exe and inside that, rom.zip

You want to delete the rom.zip (which is the 1.15 version) and replace it with (copy back) the 1.32 rom.zip you copied out earler.

DO NOT UPDATE WITH 1.15 ROM, IT IS NOT DESIGNED FOR RETAIL DHDs.

Now click through the next buttons.

The 1.15 Utility should now be set to update with the 1.32 rom. You will see the version number of the rom at the final step.

Click update and watch the magic happen :)

B) or Install through Phone

With the rom.zip you copied out earlier, rename it PD98IMG.zip

Copy this onto the root of your microSD card through some means (disk drive, ftp, wireless).

Restart your phone and boot into the bootloader by holding power and volume down at the same time as it restarts.

It should go into the bootloader, take a fair while to check the zip on the sd card, and then ask you if you want to flash it.

Say yes!

Hope this can help some people for whom the 1.32 RUUs aren't working for them :)