Facebook (build 132866) won't stop downloading

Search This thread

Fumblez

Aug 20, 2012
I get this notification that says it's downloading. But when I go to app info. It's from downloads instead of the Play Store. I don't know what it is. When I disable the app. Everything stops working; Play store, Chrome, Facebook, etc. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362699291211.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362699291211.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 627

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I get this notification that says it's downloading. But when I go to app info. It's from downloads instead of the Play Store. I don't know what it is. When I disable the app. Everything stops working; Play store, Chrome, Facebook, etc. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Did you try downloading a file with that name? Open up the download icon found in the app drawer and see whats downloading.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Fumblez

Aug 20, 2012
Did you try downloading a file with that name? Open up the download icon found in the app drawer and see whats downloading.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I didn't download anything. I noticed it on my way home. It initiated randomly. And it won't finish, or even stop. It isn't showing in the downloads either.

****edit
I found it in the downloads a couple hours after the problem started. I don't have a full solution, which sucks.

Last edited:

yeardley

Aug 29, 2011
I'm experiencing this exact problem, also initiated on its own. I uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook but that did not affect the perpetual downloading of this. Nor have several phone restarts, etc.

EVO 3D ICS running MeanRom

pain7246

Jan 3, 2010
solution!!!

I don't know you already fix this problem or not.
I searched several site and finally got an answer for this problem.
Just connect WiFi and let it do whatever it want.
Before I found this, I tried several things;
1. restarted my phone
2. pulled out battery and put back
3. killed the process from task manager
4. removed FB account
5. removed FB app from my phone (actually, back to previous version) and update again
Non of these helped me ever!!!
Also, this problem is not device specific. (I realize it after googling it)
I mean various devices and locations had the same issue.
Anyway, good luck!!!

yeardley

Aug 29, 2011
1. restarted my phone
4. removed FB account
5. removed FB app from my phone (actually, back to previous version) and update again
Anyway, good luck!!!

Thanks. Connecting it to wifi did allow it to finish the unending installation very quickly. That was annoying and I'd like to know why an update initiated on its own, seemingly from within the app and not through the Play store (I do not have any auto-updates allowed, especially for social media apps), and drained my battery while it looped an install process that was apparently constantly seeking a wifi signal to complete.

Jan 9, 2013
hendersonville
Thanks a lot!!

1. restarted my phone
4. removed FB account
Anyway, good luck!!!

My mom had this going on for several daysand wanted to see if I could fix this. You helped make me look like i actually knew what I was doing, lol thanks a lot man disappeared in about 10 seconds after connecting to WI-FI.

bhawesh003

Aug 25, 2012

I started having this issue today on my Galaxy Tab 2. The only solution people found on different forums is ti turn on WiFi. It'll immediately start downloading and would get installed (Probably due to its size it does not want to be downloaded on 3G/4G). Although I don't feel very comfortable installing this, Does not feel very genuine to me.

Did any one else had this problem? or any issues after installing it?

Spanky cuervo

Jul 23, 2010
I had to switch to Wifi about 3 or 4 times and then it finally downloaded. It tried to download all of last night and killed the battery. In the mean time my phone has switched to using Edge instead of 4g and no matter how many times I switch Airplane mode on/off or restart the phone I can't get my 4g back. Think it is just a local problem? I've got a S3 on T-mobile in Orange County, CA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    solution!!!

1. restarted my phone
    4. removed FB account
    Anyway, good luck!!!