[INFO] Kitkat update for LG Optimus F6 Available

Search This thread

karl7777

Jun 21, 2012
Hi all,

A kitkat update has just been released for the LG Optimus F6 (D505). I can't post the link because of my low profile, but it's on official website:
lg dot com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=d505

I hope it will come for T-mobile version very soon.

Xieon1

Nov 13, 2012
Boston
Hi all,

A kitkat update has just been released for the LG Optimus F6 (D505). I can't post the link because of my low profile, but it's on official website:
lg dot com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=d505

I hope it will come for T-mobile version very soon.

Unfortunately this isn't for the US version.

In Europe, and SK they have the update, and it's been used to make a CM11 port, however, not everything works.

You could also be like me, and although there's a working 4.4.2 kitkat rom, and a beta with almost everything working 4.4.4 CM11 Rom, you could have the version of the phone that has a different back camera. In which case your phone won't be able to use it's torch, or back camera. The devs have tried, but seems we have to wait for them to release a version for the US.

Very frustrated.

bamx2

Apr 17, 2010
Anyone have any idea on if/ when LG wil relase an Android 4.4.4 ( Kitkat) update for the US version of this LG F6 ( T-mobile / MetroPCS) ? - Thanks

seities

Feb 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 8
Google Pixel 7
Anyone have any idea on if/ when LG wil relase an Android 4.4.4 ( Kitkat) update for the US version of this LG F6 ( T-mobile / MetroPCS) ? - Thanks

Looks like it may be never? I'm frustrated at not being able to find any usable kitkat rom for the US version, mostly because mine came with OV5693 camera, and it doesn't seem to find support in Kitkat. Wondering if it'll ever get a full CM11 development, which otherwise works okay and feels snappy. Didn't test it long enough since the camera wasn't working though.