[Q] Is the imbalance between left and right speakers a software issue?

Search This thread

UKseagull

Apr 28, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Right, I'm with you. I thought that the email was referring to a general response to the overall problem of screen bleed, not just with your TFs. I've mentioned in several posts now, but I tried to get mine replaced but the new TF had even worse screen bleed. I hope Asus improve production very soon, although I've not seen anything to suggest that they're going to.

Gary13579

Retired Moderator
Nov 14, 2008
When I got my 32gb it had .9 on it. My 32gb had the same issue. I didnt get a notification of .13 on my 32gb. I just installed the prime on my 32gb but the issue remains on my 32gb transformer. But there is no doubt in my mind it was corrected on my 16gb one after the official upgrade.

When a hardware issue occurs, it can be sporadic. The audio levels could be screwed one minute, and great the next. it was fixed when you installed the update is correlation, but it does not mean causation.

It makes me even more convinced that it isn't a software issue since updating did not fix it for your 32gb. If I were having this issue, I'd look into causes that might be related to the update, but isn't the scenario in 100% of the people who update their TF's. Try rebooting it with power cable unplugged, then with it plugged in. Try rebooting it with the US charger upside down (so that it causes the nasty ~60v grounding issue), then try rebooting it with the charger right side up. There are tons of these little things that could be causing the issue to appear to be solved after updating, but in reality it's unrelated.

Do you still have the 16gb? Are the audio levels still completely balanced? How long did you have it before you sent it back to ASUS, if you did RMA it?

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Right, I'm with you. I thought that the email was referring to a general response to the overall problem of screen bleed, not just with your TFs. I've mentioned in several posts now, but I tried to get mine replaced but the new TF had even worse screen bleed. I hope Asus improve production very soon, although I've not seen anything to suggest that they're going to.

oh, he was responding to the overall problem when he said "Screen bleed per my prior email we will address in general once I get the new units allocated." He was talking about the overall issue. His "prior" email was addressing just mine, this response was the "general" one. His response was just saying overall it's the same answer he gave me about my specific one, when they get units in hand. :) I can put you in touch with him if you like. I had a VERY frustrating experience with their call center and it was tough but he contacted me. Just pm me and I'll give you his email address. I dont want to post it

Reactions: UKseagull

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
@graffixnyc
You are the only person I've seen on the forums who has claimed the .13 update has fixed their speaker problem so it suggests to me that you had a slightly different problem with yours to the majority of us.

So far I've read about 6 different speaker issues on the forums:

1. The right speaker is much louder than the left. The left does work, it just plays very quietly (the majority of people with a speaker issue have this).

2. Same as #1 but speakers reversed.

3. Speakers stuck at full volume, or off. Pressing the volume button to change the level, does nothing. (The fix for this issue is a 10-12sec power button forced power off)

4. Speakers popping/crackling (hardware fault, requires an RMA)

5. No audio coming from either the left or right speakers and perhaps shaking the device lets you hear something from the non working speaker. (a loose connection inside, requires an RMA)

6. No audio at all from one particular speaker (hardware fault, RMA required).

I wrote to asus about issues 1+2 and the response they gave me was also a 'may' be fixable by a firmware update, so we will have to wait and see. I'm trying to remain hopeful they can find a software fix, as I dont really want to go down the RMA route.

UKseagull

Apr 28, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Thanks very much for the offer but I returned my TF as the shop only had the one unit which wasn't any better. I'm in limbo at the moment with regards to what to do next, I'm leaning towards waiting for the release of the Tab 10.1 but so far there's no UK release date or price.

I did enjoy using my TF and would buy another if I only I had more confidence in the build quality, but as things stand at present, I just don't have. :(

mushypeas

Oct 28, 2010
Unfortunately, I have a 16GB TF where the FW update has not fixed the problem. :( I noticed the speaker issue as soon as I tried playing audio after it arrived - louder in the right than left. It came with FW .9. I upgraded recently OTA to .13 and the problem is still prevalent, indicating to me that it is a hardware issue (or the recent FW update does not contain a fix).

Indeed, if it is a hardware problem, it should be relatively straight forward to correct it using software by just skewing the audio balance n'est pas? The problem though is not everyone has had right speaker louder than left; some report left louder than right, lending more weight to the argument that it is a hardware issue but which also means it won't be as straight forward to fix using software.

I'm beginning to wonder whether the SRS magic in the TF is causing the problem. Virtual surround, it seems to me, can accentuate any slight balance issues in the original audio......

verkion

Sep 3, 2007
So in the /system/data/ there is an srs_processing.cfg. If I'm not mistaken, the TrueEQ - Internal Speaker Tuning section contains parametric EQ adjustments for Left and Right Speakers individually. It LOOKS like there are 3 bands per side corresponding to Center Frequency, Gain, Q. The Q is set pretty low 0.5-0.9 so its pretty "wide-band" cross the board. I'm not sure what units the Gain is in but I don't think its dB because for 900Hz, its set to -9 and for 11000 its set to 10. On second thought, maybe it IS in dB to compensate for the crappy speakers...

Anyways, I'll give it a shot and report back. My left speaker is roughly half the volume...so if the gain IS in dB, then a +10 change in the number should correspond to a perceived change in "loudness" of 2x.

Thanks!
verkion

verkion

Sep 3, 2007
OK...just CONFIRMED that this does indeed work! Definitely needs some fine tuning though! LOL. +10dB was a wee bit too much.

Interestingly enough, using Moboplayer, I notice that the Right and Left channel audio are SWAPPED??? If I mute the right channel, the left side goes silent and vice versa. Anyone else want to verify this? Maybe I can find a setting in the config that will fix swap the audio back.

Thanks!
verkion

czm

Jan 13, 2010
OK...just CONFIRMED that this does indeed work! Definitely needs some fine tuning though! LOL. +10dB was a wee bit too much.

Interestingly enough, using Moboplayer, I notice that the Right and Left channel audio are SWAPPED??? If I mute the right channel, the left side goes silent and vice versa. Anyone else want to verify this? Maybe I can find a setting in the config that will fix swap the audio back.

Thanks!
verkion

if this can be fixed then that is great news. Was the only issue that had me considering swapping for a new unit when supply improves. Can't say that I understand any of how you did it, but at least it should mean that asus can also push out a fix

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009

Thanks!
verkion

In the dev section we posted excerpts of the sound config file and where you can find it.

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
the acer a500 actually has a section in settings to tweak the srs. Im trying to get someone else with a acer to send me the file with the srs on to see if its the same type of file and set then ill replace what is needed and post if it works, its like the old pioneer dsp echo deck it raises the sound stage like 3d sound so i would expect the speakers to sound more balanced and sound alot better with mp3s ect..

verkion

Sep 3, 2007
Yeah...It seems like they should indeed have a little app/setting menu somewhere to adjust this stuff. There are 9 EQ settings available...none of them have been preconfigured which leads me to wonder whether ASUS was super rushed getting the Transformer out.

I just spent the better part of the morning using a pink noise file and a spectrum analyzer held up to the speakers on each side of the Transformer and adjusting the parametric EQs for both sides. Sounds a LOT better now! I would venture to say there is some weird hardware issue with the speakers though because they seem to have drastically different peaks and valleys. Has someone taken apart the Transformer yet to have a look at the speakers and their sound path?

Thanks!
verkion

mlpjunior

Jul 22, 2008
It would be great if we could fix this without root, since the cfg file can't be edited without su. It's driving me bonkers.

frosty5689

May 10, 2011
Any update on fixing this by editing the cfg?

Edit: After updating to 3.1 I noticed there's another file there called 'srs_processing_JN101.cfg', bold lines reflect changes. The build date is in April instead of March and the eq boost seems to have been changed.

Code:
//=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
//BLOCK: (srs_cfg:) Config - Non-IP Configuration
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:lib_version =	v2.0.0.34	// Library Version
[B]//INFO: 	srs_cfg:lib_timestamp =	Tue Apr 19 20:03:16 2011	// Library Timestamp[/B]
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:lib_integration =	v2.0.0.0	// Library Integration
[B]//INFO: 	srs_cfg:lib_built =	Apr 19 2011 21:18:04	// Library Built[/B]
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:ip_list =	hpf,wowhd,cshp,trueq,hlimit,geq	// IP Available
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:hpf_version =	2.0.0.0 - lib 3.0.0.1	// High Pass Filter Version
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:wowhd_version =	5.3.14.0	// WOWHD Version
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:cshp_version =	1.4.4.0	// CSHP Version
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:trueq_version =	2.0.0.0 - lib 3.0.0.1	// TruEQ Version
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:hlimit_version =	1.0.9.1 - lib 2.0.0.2	// Hard Limiter Version
//INFO: 	srs_cfg:geq_version =	2.6.1.0 - lib 3.0.0.1	// MobileEQ Version
	srs_cfg:trumedia_enable =	0	// TruMedia Toggle - Turn all of TruMedia on/off
	srs_cfg:trumedia_preset =	0	// TruMedia Preset - The active media type (Music,Movie,Podcast)
	srs_cfg:vol_cache_enable =	0	// Volume Ring Buffering Toggle - for use with non uniform audio frame sizes
	srs_cfg:vol_int_enable =	1	// Volume Conditioning Toggle - Internal - is MaxVF enabled?
	srs_cfg:geq_int_enable =	0	// MobileEQ Toggle - Internal - GEQ on/off
	srs_cfg:geq_int_limit_enable =	0	// MobileEQ Limiter Toggle - Internal - GEQ limiter on/off
	srs_cfg:geq_int_preset =	0	// MobileEQ Preset - Internal - The active GEQ preset
	srs_cfg:geq_ext_enable =	0	// MobileEQ Toggle - External - GEQ on/off
	srs_cfg:geq_ext_limit_enable =	0	// MobileEQ Limiter Toggle - External - GEQ limiter on/off
	srs_cfg:geq_ext_preset =	0	// MobileEQ Preset - External - The active GEQ preset

//BLOCK: (srs_route_out:) Routing - Output Device Routing
//INFO: 	srs_route_out:routing_info =	0 = int, 1 = ext, -1 = disallow srs processing	// Routing Values
	srs_route_out:earpiece =	0	// DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE - 
	srs_route_out:speaker =	0	// DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER - 
	srs_route_out:wired_headset =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET - 
	srs_route_out:wired_headphone =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE - 
	srs_route_out:bt_sco =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_BLUETOOTH_SCO - 
	srs_route_out:bt_sco_headset =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_BLUETOOTH_SCO_HEADSET - 
	srs_route_out:bt_sco_carkit =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_BLUETOOTH_SCO_CARKIT - 
	srs_route_out:bt_a2dp =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_BLUETOOTH_A2DP - 
	srs_route_out:bt_a2dp_headphones =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_BLUETOOTH_A2DP_HEADPHONES - 
	srs_route_out:bt_a2dp_speaker =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_BLUETOOTH_A2DP_SPEAKER - 
	srs_route_out:aux_digital =	1	// DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL - 

//BLOCK: (srs_hpf_int:) HiPass - Internal Speaker HPF
	srs_hpf_int:hipass_order =	2	// Filter Order - 
	srs_hpf_int:hipass_frequency =	350	// Filter Frequency - 
	srs_hpf_int:hipass_is32bit =	1	// Filter Precision (16bit when 0) - 
	srs_hpf_int:hipass_skip =	0	// Skips High Pass Filter when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_mus_int:) WOWHD - Music-Internal
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_igain =	0.600	// Input Gain - gain
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_ogain =	1.000	// Output Gain - gain
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_trubass_min =	0.000	// TruBass Min - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_trubass_window =	1.000	// TruBass Window - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_trubass_slide =	0.617	// TruBass Slider - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_trubass_freq =	400	// TruBass Frequency - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_srs_speaker =	0	// SRS Speaker Type - enum (Speaker,Headphone)
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_srs_mode =	0	// SRS3D Mode - enum (Stereo,Extreme,Single Speaker)
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_focus =	0.400	// Focus - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_focus_mode =	0	// Focus Mode - enum (Brightness,Dialog Clarity)
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_definition_min =	0.000	// Definition Min - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_definition_window =	1.000	// Definition Window - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_definition_slide =	0.150	// Definition Slide - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_center =	0.500	// Center - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_space =	0.900	// Space - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_limiter_enable =	1	// Limiter Toggle - toggle
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_limiter =	0.300	// Limiter - control
	srs_mus_int:wowhd_skip =	0	// Skips WOWHD when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_mus_ext:) WOWHD - Music-External
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_igain =	0.600	// Input Gain - gain
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_ogain =	1.000	// Output Gain - gain
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_trubass_min =	0.000	// TruBass Min - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_trubass_window =	1.000	// TruBass Window - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_trubass_slide =	0.600	// TruBass Slider - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_trubass_freq =	400	// TruBass Frequency - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_srs_speaker =	0	// SRS Speaker Type - enum (Speaker,Headphone)
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_srs_mode =	0	// SRS3D Mode - enum (Stereo,Extreme,Single Speaker)
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_focus =	0.400	// Focus - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_focus_mode =	0	// Focus Mode - enum (Brightness,Dialog Clarity)
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_definition_min =	0.000	// Definition Min - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_definition_window =	1.000	// Definition Window - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_definition_slide =	0.150	// Definition Slide - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_center =	0.500	// Center - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_space =	0.900	// Space - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_limiter_enable =	1	// Limiter Toggle - toggle
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_limiter =	0.300	// Limiter - control
	srs_mus_ext:wowhd_skip =	0	// Skips WOWHD when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_mov_int:) WOWHD - Movie-Internal
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_igain =	0.600	// Input Gain - gain
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_ogain =	1.000	// Output Gain - gain
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_trubass_min =	0.000	// TruBass Min - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_trubass_window =	1.000	// TruBass Window - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_trubass_slide =	0.600	// TruBass Slider - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_trubass_freq =	400	// TruBass Frequency - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_srs_speaker =	0	// SRS Speaker Type - enum (Speaker,Headphone)
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_srs_mode =	0	// SRS3D Mode - enum (Stereo,Extreme,Single Speaker)
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_focus =	0.400	// Focus - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_focus_mode =	0	// Focus Mode - enum (Brightness,Dialog Clarity)
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_definition_min =	0.000	// Definition Min - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_definition_window =	1.000	// Definition Window - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_definition_slide =	0.150	// Definition Slide - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_center =	0.500	// Center - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_space =	0.900	// Space - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_limiter_enable =	1	// Limiter Toggle - toggle
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_limiter =	0.300	// Limiter - control
	srs_mov_int:wowhd_skip =	0	// Skips WOWHD when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_mov_ext:) CSHP - Movie-External
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_igain =	0.600	// Input Gain - gain
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_ogain =	1.000	// Output Gain - gain
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_bgain =	1.000	// Bypass Gain - gain
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_trubass_enable =	1	// TruBass Toggle - toggle
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_trubass_min =	0.000	// TruBass Min - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_trubass_window =	1.000	// TruBass Window - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_trubass_slide =	0.600	// TruBass Slider - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_trubass_freq =	400	// TruBass Frequency - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_definition_enable =	1	// Definition Toggle - toggle
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_definition_min =	0.000	// Definition Min - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_definition_window =	1.000	// Definition Window - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_definition_slide =	0.150	// Definition Slide - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_csdecode_enable =	0	// CS Decoder Toggle - toggle
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_csdecode_mode =	0	// CS Decoder Mode - enum (Cinema,Music)
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_dialog_enable =	0	// Dialog Toggle - toggle
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_dialog =	0.300	// Dialog - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_limiter_enable =	1	// Limiter Toggle - toggle
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_limiter =	0.300	// Limiter - control
	srs_mov_ext:cshp_skip =	0	// Skips CSHP when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_pod_int:) WOWHD - Podcast-Internal
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_igain =	0.600	// Input Gain - gain
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_ogain =	1.000	// Output Gain - gain
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_trubass_min =	0.000	// TruBass Min - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_trubass_window =	1.000	// TruBass Window - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_trubass_slide =	0.600	// TruBass Slider - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_trubass_freq =	400	// TruBass Frequency - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_srs_speaker =	0	// SRS Speaker Type - enum (Speaker,Headphone)
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_srs_mode =	0	// SRS3D Mode - enum (Stereo,Extreme,Single Speaker)
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_focus =	0.400	// Focus - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_focus_mode =	0	// Focus Mode - enum (Brightness,Dialog Clarity)
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_definition_min =	0.000	// Definition Min - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_definition_window =	1.000	// Definition Window - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_definition_slide =	0.150	// Definition Slide - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_center =	0.500	// Center - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_space =	0.900	// Space - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_limiter_enable =	1	// Limiter Toggle - toggle
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_limiter =	0.300	// Limiter - control
	srs_pod_int:wowhd_skip =	0	// Skips WOWHD when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_pod_ext:) WOWHD - Podcast-External
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_igain =	0.600	// Input Gain - gain
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_ogain =	1.000	// Output Gain - gain
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_trubass_min =	0.000	// TruBass Min - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_trubass_window =	1.000	// TruBass Window - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_trubass_slide =	0.600	// TruBass Slider - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_trubass_freq =	400	// TruBass Frequency - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_srs_speaker =	0	// SRS Speaker Type - enum (Speaker,Headphone)
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_srs_mode =	0	// SRS3D Mode - enum (Stereo,Extreme,Single Speaker)
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_focus =	0.400	// Focus - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_focus_mode =	0	// Focus Mode - enum (Brightness,Dialog Clarity)
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_definition_min =	0.000	// Definition Min - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_definition_window =	1.000	// Definition Window - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_definition_slide =	0.150	// Definition Slide - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_center =	0.500	// Center - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_space =	0.900	// Space - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_limiter_enable =	1	// Limiter Toggle - toggle
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_limiter =	0.300	// Limiter - control
	srs_pod_ext:wowhd_skip =	0	// Skips WOWHD when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_spk_int:) TruEQ - Internal Speaker Tuning
	srs_spk_int:trueq_igain =	1.000	// TruEQ Input Gain - gain
	srs_spk_int:trueq_ogain =	1.000	// TruEQ Output Gain - gain
	srs_spk_int:trueq_bgain =	1.000	// TruEQ Bypass Gain - gain
	srs_spk_int:trueq_left_enable =	1	// TruEQ Left Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_lband0_enable =	1	// TruEQ Left Band 0 Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_lband1_enable =	1	// TruEQ Left Band 1 Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_lband2_enable =	1	// TruEQ Left Band 2 Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_lband3_enable =	1	// TruEQ Left Band 3 Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_right_enable =	1	// TruEQ Right Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_rband0_enable =	1	// TruEQ Right Band 0 Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_rband1_enable =	1	// TruEQ Right Band 1 Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_rband2_enable =	1	// TruEQ Right Band 2 Toggle - toggle
	srs_spk_int:trueq_rband3_enable =	1	// TruEQ Right Band 3 Toggle - toggle
[B]	srs_spk_int:trueq_lband0 =	700.000000,4.000000,0.700000	// TruEQ Left Band 0 Tuning (CF Gain Q) - 
	srs_spk_int:trueq_lband1 =	11000.000000,4.000000,0.500000	// TruEQ Left Band 1 Tuning - 
	srs_spk_int:trueq_lband2 =	1500.000000,-12.000000,1.700000	// TruEQ Left Band 2 Tuning - 
	srs_spk_int:trueq_lband3 =	2500.000000,0.000000,0.900000	// TruEQ Left Band 3 Tuning - 
	srs_spk_int:trueq_rband0 =	700.000000,4.000000,0.700000	// TruEQ Right Band 0 Tuning - 
	srs_spk_int:trueq_rband1 =	11000.000000,4.000000,0.500000	// TruEQ Right Band 1 Tuning - 
	srs_spk_int:trueq_rband2 =	1500.000000,-12.000000,1.700000	// TruEQ Right Band 2 Tuning - 
	srs_spk_int:trueq_rband3 =	2500.000000,0.000000,0.900000	// TruEQ Right Band 3 Tuning - [/B]
	srs_spk_int:trueq_skip =	0	// Skips TruEQ when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_limit_int:) HLimit - Internal Speaker Limiter
	srs_limit_int:hlimit_igain =	1.000	// Input Gain - gain
	srs_limit_int:hlimit_ogain =	1.000	// Output Gain - gain
	srs_limit_int:hlimit_bgain =	1.000	// Bypass Gain - gain
	srs_limit_int:hlimit_delaylen =	22	// Length of the Delay Line - length
	srs_limit_int:hlimit_decaysmooth =	1	// Toggles use of smoothing on Decay - toggle
	srs_limit_int:hlimit_boost =	1.000	// Boost - gain
	srs_limit_int:hlimit_limit =	1.000	// Limit - control
	srs_limit_int:hlimit_skip =	1	// Skips Hard Limiter when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_boost_int:) HLimit - Internal Speaker Boosted
	srs_boost_int:hlimit_igain =	1.000	// Input Gain - gain
	srs_boost_int:hlimit_ogain =	1.000	// Output Gain - gain
	srs_boost_int:hlimit_bgain =	1.000	// Bypass Gain - gain
	srs_boost_int:hlimit_delaylen =	22	// Length of the Delay Line - length
	srs_boost_int:hlimit_decaysmooth =	1	// Toggles use of smoothing on Decay - toggle
[B]	srs_boost_int:hlimit_boost =	3.000	// Boost - gain[/B]
	srs_boost_int:hlimit_limit =	1.000	// Limit - control
	srs_boost_int:hlimit_skip =	0	// Skips Hard Limiter when true - toggle

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_0_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 0-Internal
	srs_geq_0_int:geq_presetname =	Flat	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_0_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_0_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_1_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 1-Internal
	srs_geq_1_int:geq_presetname =	Classical	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_1_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_1_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_2_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 2-Internal
	srs_geq_2_int:geq_presetname =	Dance	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_2_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_2_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_3_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 3-Internal
	srs_geq_3_int:geq_presetname =	Jazz	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_3_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_3_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_4_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 4-Internal
	srs_geq_4_int:geq_presetname =	Pop	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_4_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_4_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_5_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 5-Internal
	srs_geq_5_int:geq_presetname =	Rock	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_5_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_5_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_6_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 6-Internal
	srs_geq_6_int:geq_presetname =	Custom	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_6_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_6_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_7_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 7-Internal
	srs_geq_7_int:geq_presetname =		// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_7_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_7_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_8_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 8-Internal
	srs_geq_8_int:geq_presetname =		// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_8_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_8_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_9_int:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 9-Internal
	srs_geq_9_int:geq_presetname =		// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_9_int:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_9_int:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_0_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 0-External
	srs_geq_0_ext:geq_presetname =	Flat	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_0_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_0_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_1_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 1-External
	srs_geq_1_ext:geq_presetname =	Classical	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_1_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_1_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_2_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 2-External
	srs_geq_2_ext:geq_presetname =	Dance	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_2_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_2_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_3_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 3-External
	srs_geq_3_ext:geq_presetname =	Jazz	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_3_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_3_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_4_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 4-External
	srs_geq_4_ext:geq_presetname =	Pop	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_4_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_4_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_5_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 5-External
	srs_geq_5_ext:geq_presetname =	Rock	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_5_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_5_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_6_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 6-External
	srs_geq_6_ext:geq_presetname =	Custom	// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_6_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_6_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_7_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 7-External
	srs_geq_7_ext:geq_presetname =		// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_7_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_7_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_8_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 8-External
	srs_geq_8_ext:geq_presetname =		// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_8_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_8_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset - 

//BLOCK: (srs_geq_9_ext:) GEQ - GEQ Preset 9-External
	srs_geq_9_ext:geq_presetname =		// User-facing name of Preset - 
	srs_geq_9_ext:geq_defgains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// Default gains of Preset - 
	srs_geq_9_ext:geq_usergains =	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0	// User gains of Preset -

Last edited:

marinierb

Mar 23, 2008
Hull, Québec
Google Pixel 7
Yeah...It seems like they should indeed have a little app/setting menu somewhere to adjust this stuff. There are 9 EQ settings available...none of them have been preconfigured which leads me to wonder whether ASUS was super rushed getting the Transformer out.

I just spent the better part of the morning using a pink noise file and a spectrum analyzer held up to the speakers on each side of the Transformer and adjusting the parametric EQs for both sides. Sounds a LOT better now! I would venture to say there is some weird hardware issue with the speakers though because they seem to have drastically different peaks and valleys. Has someone taken apart the Transformer yet to have a look at the speakers and their sound path?

Thanks!
verkion

Would you be willing to post the modified config file?

irishnutjob

May 26, 2011
So frsty, it sounds like updating to 3.1 did not fix the problem even with the changes you highlighted to that other config file? It seems this is a pretty prevalent issue. Are people rma'ing, or waiting and hoping for an update? I was thinking of returning mine to BB but it seems like many of them that are still in the current pipeline still have this issue.

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
My first Transformer had this problem with one speaker being quieter than the other. I assumed it was a software problem (but it was balanced with headphones).

I ended up returning it because it had a screen defect as well. I just got a second Transformer. Unfortunately the first thing I did was sideload the 3.1 update. The audio balance is fine. But not sure if it's because of the new hardware or new software.

I guess if people are saying updating to 3.1 didn't fix it for them, then it must be the hardware.

Tutti-frutti

Nov 12, 2008
Just got a reply back from Asus, and unfortunately, it's an HARDWARE problem :( I'll return my tf to Asus, because the accelerometer is also "imbalanced".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

oh, he was responding to the overall problem when he said "Screen bleed per my prior email we will address in general once I get the new units allocated." He was talking about the overall issue. His "prior" email was addressing just mine, this response was the "general" one. His response was just saying overall it's the same answer he gave me about my specific one, when they get units in hand. :) I can put you in touch with him if you like. I had a VERY frustrating experience with their call center and it was tough but he contacted me. Just pm me and I'll give you his email address. I dont want to post it