Acer posts availability dates for ICS

Search This thread

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca

tonyblack

Tablet PCs Acer's A100 and A500 tablets getting Ice Cream Sandwich on April 27th

"With April nearly over, it's high time Acer came clean on when exactly its promised Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for the A100 and A500 would land. Today the company did just that, revealing that US owners of either tablet can opt-in for their frozen makeovers starting on the 27th. Bad news if you're rocking AT&T's variant of the latter though, as the listing on the company's support page for the A501 says "no update planned." Those not tied Ma Bell can expect Acer's skin -- including that ring launcher -- grafted onto Google's latest, much like the A200's ICS upgrade back in February. Already pumped? Go ahead and bookmark that source link. Do it, we won't judge."

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/18/a...ets-ICS-april/

tpaulideu

Jan 30, 2008
A500 ICS-udate for german users in late april confirmed

I've got the following mail from support.

Antwort (Acer Online-Unterstützungscenter) - 18/04/2012 13:42
A : Das Update auf Android 4.0 ist für Ende April geplant. Allerdings gibt es hierzu noch keinen genauen Termin. :)

Translate:
The update to Android 4.0 is planned for late April. However, there is still no exact date for this purpose.

UniSonBBS

Apr 17, 2012
I am currently running the leaked version of the 4.0.3 when it first was available. I flashed it so I have no root, etc. Now that the update is coming out, will I be able to flash right over it, or do I need to root and downgrade back to 3.2.1 to be able to update to the official 4.0.3? I highly doubt I will get a OTA if Im already running the leaked 4.0.3 right? Please advise. I ask because I cant seem to find the official 3.2.1 rom and a working link for the drivers and such to be able to downgrade it.

Nessuno1

Mar 13, 2012
I don't know specifically about the UK, but I guess it's just going to be the same as for Europe.

For France the website "Les Numériques" said it's starting tomorrow until the 27th of april.
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/tablet...-jour-android-4-0-ics-en-approche-n24110.html

I don't know their source, but it looks that the update started yesterday for the A100 and when we look at the Acer America's planning there is a two-day delay between the A100 ICS release and the A500 ICS release, so it seems possible for it to roll out from tomorrow on.

Reactions: ethan21

avivsharon

Jul 8, 2009
ahahhahahahahaha!!!!!

Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im now F*cking love you man for tell us about it
im sure that all the a500 owners are wait to long for it:):):):):):):):)

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
I am currently running the leaked version of the 4.0.3 when it first was available. I flashed it so I have no root, etc. Now that the update is coming out, will I be able to flash right over it, or do I need to root and downgrade back to 3.2.1 to be able to update to the official 4.0.3? I highly doubt I will get a OTA if Im already running the leaked 4.0.3 right? Please advise. I ask because I cant seem to find the official 3.2.1 rom and a working link for the drivers and such to be able to downgrade it.

Its very unknown what will happen. If you will even get a fota notice to update or not. then if you do get the notice will it install. will it fail due to unknown version. I WOULD SAY if you are pushed the update Proceed with caution. But if there is a boot loader unlock mech in the update as expected They may not do the data checking as in the past boot loaders..

SO The answer in short is NOBODY KNOWS Until its OUT.

Hope this lack of information is Helpful.

UniSonBBS

Apr 17, 2012
Its very unknown what will happen. If you will even get a fota notice to update or not. then if you do get the notice will it install. will it fail due to unknown version. I WOULD SAY if you are pushed the update Proceed with caution. But if there is a boot loader unlock mech in the update as expected They may not do the data checking as in the past boot loaders..

Sounds good to me. Not that the leak isn't any good, just would rather have the official if I don't plan on rooting anyways. I'll wait and see if I read about nightmares or sucess.

Thanks for your reply

dilanopro

Nov 21, 2006
I just read on twitter (@Acer_NL) that tomorrow Acer will start unrolling official ICS for all Dutch owners. Maybe some devs could look into this..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

ctiger

Oct 22, 2008
I remember my last update was from a link, not automatically pushed to my device. So as soon as an official update is available, I think no matter where you are, you eventually will get it. I don't mind to wait a month or so more, but a definite time table makes me feel settled that we will get that.

UniSonBBS

Apr 17, 2012
I just read on twitter (@Acer_NL) that tomorrow Acer will start unrolling official ICS for all Dutch owners. Maybe some devs could look into this..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

You guys know a lot more about this stuff then I do. Im only good at following instructions. Rooted many things and many custom roms, just not on the a500. Just the leak and that's nothing special as all I did was flash the stock rom. I'll wait to hear from the pros. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Acer has updated their website with launch dates for ICS. Looks like they will roll ICS out on April 27 for US / Canada.

Check the Acer website for the update, I can't seem to post the link. Finally we have what we need.
    Was able to post link .......

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14634

better late than never:)
    I don't know specifically about the UK, but I guess it's just going to be the same as for Europe.

For France the website "Les Numériques" said it's starting tomorrow until the 27th of april.
    http://www.lesnumeriques.com/tablet...-jour-android-4-0-ics-en-approche-n24110.html

I don't know their source, but it looks that the update started yesterday for the A100 and when we look at the Acer America's planning there is a two-day delay between the A100 ICS release and the A500 ICS release, so it seems possible for it to roll out from tomorrow on.