Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

Search This thread

farscope

Sep 26, 2011
Yes you can, decompress the file and flash everything but the modem with mobile odin by chainfire... It has a free

if you dont know what you re saying dont answer... Its the exact same device with no modem

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

yes, i do know it's the same without the modem.

i say it's incompatible to avoid confusion between both versions.

Reactions: aksolanki

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
You guys sure did make fun of me and my user name. I guess I can come clean now. I got a memo at work explaining how Samsung had pushed back the update for the P7500 (The Galaxy Tab 10.1 for anyone that knows model numbers) until August. I just wanted to see how receptive this community is to information. And apparently it's a free-for-all if you can't (or won't) cite a source for the info.

I am, in fact correct, and will be unless that update comes out in the next 5 days. Which it won't. Because I am literally looking at the memo saying Samsung has pushed back the ICS update for a large number of phones and tablets sold in Canada/US.

Just saying. Next time don't be so quick to call someone a liar. It's the last time I share any official information on this forum. :good:

You know, that was the sole reason I wished ICS was released before the end of jully.

Not because I was eager to get it running, not because I was growing impatient, only to prove to the world HOW WRONG YOU ARE!

You are the reason everyone asks for sources, because people like you provide lies and false information and even lies about the lies...

So, how's the memo now?

hopesfall19

Feb 29, 2012
Hi,

have the korean wifi version (SHW M380W), no update till now.

did the korean 3G model got the update, like the 7500 version ?

Ostrich Egg

Jan 30, 2011
You guys sure did make fun of me and my user name. I guess I can come clean now. I got a memo at work explaining how Samsung had pushed back the update for the P7500 (The Galaxy Tab 10.1 for anyone that knows model numbers) until August. I just wanted to see how receptive this community is to information. And apparently it's a free-for-all if you can't (or won't) cite a source for the info.

I am, in fact correct, and will be unless that update comes out in the next 5 days. Which it won't. Because I am literally looking at the memo saying Samsung has pushed back the ICS update for a large number of phones and tablets sold in Canada/US.

Just saying. Next time don't be so quick to call someone a liar. It's the last time I share any official information on this forum. :good:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I'm sure I speak for nearly everyone when I say I hope you make good on the promise you made in the last sentence. :good:

Reactions: mickfitz

dummy1001

Feb 26, 2006
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I'm sure I speak for nearly everyone when I say I hope you make good on the promise you made in the last sentence. :good:

...no, probably not...

To be honest, I believe most of us we bored by this discussion.

Finally we received the update and that is what most of us expected.

Thanks Samsung.

Gesendet mit Tapatalk 2

Ostrich Egg

Jan 30, 2011
...no, probably not...

To be honest, I believe most of us we bored by this discussion.

Finally we received the update and that is what most of us expected.

Thanks Samsung.

Gesendet mit Tapatalk 2

It's a figure of speech bro, even though I suspect in this case it's literally true as well.

Though I guess some of us, like you evidently, would prefer he keep posting made up rumors. Weird, but OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonic Offline

Naith32

Mar 9, 2009
Can someone tell me (if possible) if the update will come to my Tab 10.1 fairly soon? (it isn't rooted, so I presume Samsung will update my Tab automatically?)

Also, will all of my applications remain as they are?

Thanks guys :)

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
Came to check the news on XDA and saw that the second coming of jesus (aka official ICS for our G.Tabs) was finally here AND it's the Italian version to boot... FANTASTIC!!!! :victory:

I am going to download and install it in a couple of hours and will post my impressions in the relevant thread. Will be interesting to compare CM10 (which even with its teething problems is awesome) to this.
Anyway, I hope Pershoot release a kernel to be able to overclock the stock ICS ASAP, that's the only thing still missing for it to be perfect! Until Jelly Beans (be it Samsung official or CM10) matures, of course... :laugh:

Oh and...

Originally Posted by L33t Masta

So here we are, less than a week before the end of July and still we have no ICS. People like msedek, xdapao3, mickfitz and zuberio were making fun of me when I said it wouldn't be out until August. Lo and behold I was right because the information I got from Samsung was right. But no body wanted to listen. Damn it feels good to be right.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mickfitz

Dan_Aykroyd

Feb 10, 2010
Lol are you aware that Samsung released ics? xD
Yeah... I just replied before the new messages with ICS started coming

You know, that was the sole reason I wished ICS was released before the end of jully.

Not because I was eager to get it running, not because I was growing impatient, only to prove to the world HOW WRONG YOU ARE!

You are the reason everyone asks for sources, because people like you provide lies and false information and even lies about the lies...

So, how's the memo now?
To be fair, he was off only by less than a day. It could very well been pushed out to august and have it launched the last hours of july :cowboy:. Come on, don't be so mean to each other, we all are fellow "Tabbers" here :angel:

Reactions: aksolanki

cosimoss

Dec 25, 2010
London
Just got mine from Kies:

galaxytab24.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a forum for smartphones and tablets.

If you want to talk politics, go somewhere else - such discussion is not welcome here.
    Mod edit:
    No offence intended to the original OP but this thread has strayed far from it's original purpose.
    So from here on out, it's now the focal point for all ICS-related discussion and all the spam that accompanies that.​

Mod edit #2:
    This is now also the official discussion speculation thread for Jelly Bean.
    Given there hasn't been an official ICS release yet, I see no reason to have two speculation threads on the go at the same time.​

-Step666

Edit #3: ICS Has officially been released in the UK and developers have already made roms for it. Please go to http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1053 for Latest information about ICS ROMs.
    The thread has been cleaned and re-opened - please refrain from dragging it off-topic again.

If people do insist on dragging this down into petty bickering and flaming, they will face serious sanctions.
    I don't mind to be thanked, maybe you do, but I liked to take your mood down lol
    Anyway this the truth, you like it or not.

Actually, this is as far from the truth as it can be

It is speculation based on speculation, the fact that you consider it for "the truth" can only show how big your ego is and how wrong you can be.

The only thing "truth" about your statement is the fact that you like to take "our mood down", ie: Being a troll!
    I now have started a petition to collect users demanding an ICS-update for Galaxy Tabs 10.1, Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7, Tab 7.0 Plus including source code now.

The link is as followed:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ics-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for/

Ok, I don't even know why I am contributing to your trollish post....but in case you didn't know Samsung has planned to release ics....

so...

Why would anyone sign such a petition?????

As for the "demanding" and "now".... well I am sure they could give the update now but I strongly believe it will be as buggy as hell...just look at the sgs2 ics update...

For the last time I take part to such conversation. Be well everyone!

Sent from my amazing 10.1 galaxy tab :)