|ROM|★KANGAPOP v2.5★|►LOLLIPOP GPE◄|FEB.27.15|★

Search This thread

oran3e1

Oct 6, 2012
So installed 2.5 with googy-max and everything's fine, except I forgot lollipop still has a very annoying bug in which when you loose connection to a WiFi network it will not auto connect back to it, you have to manually go into WiFi settings and press "connect" and for me with low WiFi signal most if time can be time consuming, if anyone has any fixs for this please let me know, other then that I have run into no problems, at all ^_^

Will keep you updated on battery life in comparison to GoldenEye

luiwii

Jan 1, 2014
Valencia
Nothing Phone 1
So installed 2.5 with googy-max and everything's fine, except I forgot lollipop still has a very annoying bug in which when you loose connection to a WiFi network it will not auto connect back to it, you have to manually go into WiFi settings and press "connect" and for me with low WiFi signal most if time can be time consuming, if anyone has any fixs for this please let me know, other then that I have run into no problems, at all ^_^

Will keep you updated on battery life in comparison to GoldenEye
I do not have that problem when my WiFi network disconnects and then return to my house and connects only to WiFi without doing anything, try changing the modem and bootloader

oran3e1

Oct 6, 2012
Update

Okay so the battery life is better then the previous versions, music doesn't skip as frequently but still does very subtly now and then, no biggy, the brightness doesn't go as low as a touchwiz ROM and can't find a way around this in S-tweaks, the sound levels on lowest volume are much higher then on stock touchwiz also, my WiFi will not auto connect to my preferred network when turned on even though I have the latest boot loader/baseband

I would love to see when little notches on my WiFi icon to inform when I am uploading and downloading but I know will not be available until xposed comes out of alpha stage, same with a small "am/pm" on time, or battery percentage

I love your dark theme V2 but when these types of menus pop up everything goes dark and the text is black, was this intentional?

I am still testing the battery life in comparison to GoldenEye's but its looking pretty good, no random reboots or FCs here, all gravy very nice ROM will use as a daily driver, awesome work ibastid bro

Version 2.5, dark theme V2, googy-max underclocked to 1.5 Max CPU

Screenshot_2015_03_02_13_28_45.png

Penetal

Sep 18, 2010
Mobile network connection loss

Seems that after each time I turn off the screen (or it times out) I loose mobile network connection.
When I try to call I get "Mobile Network Not Available.", and I have to research for mobile networks manually (2-3mins) and will loose it again after screen goes black.

Is there a powersaving feature that does this?
PS I have rebooted a few times, and also tried to pick a mobile network manually instead, but problem persists.

Reactions: oran3e1

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
Seems that after each time I turn off the screen (or it times out) I loose mobile network connection.
When I try to call I get "Mobile Network Not Available.", and I have to research for mobile networks manually (2-3mins) and will loose it again after screen goes black.

Is there a powersaving feature that does this?
PS I have rebooted a few times, and also tried to pick a mobile network manually instead, but problem persists.

u must be using a 4.4.2 baseband and bootloader .. just a 4.4.2 baseband will not work .. once updated ur set :good:
read this

Last edited:
Reactions: Penetal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GbPaIoE.png

Features
    - android 5.0, official LRX21P GPE, zip aligned, rooted, supersu, busybox, user removable gapps, aroma installer, init.d
    - kangapop init.d script, adaway, cabinet manager, home button lag fix, misc buildprop tweaks, pics 2 sdcard option
    - material design gallery app, rom self cleaning every 7 days, sqlite3, sqlite3 runs every 7 days, zipalign init.d script
    - h+ network display, zipalign script runs once every 4 days, ambient display added to settings/display, adblocking
    - material design root explorer, material design music player, oneplusone dsp audio, chronus weather widget
    - sms with quick reply, glove mode option, dialer voicemail working, lollipop boot animation memory leak fix
    - autostart app control via settings, extended reboot menu baked in, flashable addons can be found in post #2
    - many customizable sms options, supersu control via /settings/security, adaway control via /settings/tools header
    - autostarts control via /settings/tools header, custom extended reboot icons, dark material and light material themes
    - removed lockscreen carrier text, clean!,fast!,stable! and close to stock, more to come!

Aroma Options
    - choose kangapop full or slim
    - choose dark or light material theme
    - choose camera silent or with sound
    - choose launcher google,apex,nova
    - choose browser chrome or aosp w/sync
    - choose dpi stock,439,445
    - choose kernel stock, googy max, alucard
    - choose pics 2 sdcard or stock
    - choose onscreen nav buttons or onscreen & psychical home button or bypass
    - choose oneplusone maxx dsp audio or bypass
    - choose glove mode or bypass
    - choose 3minit battery mod or bypass

Removable Apps
    - cabinet file manager, google music, chronus, can be uninstalled just like playstore apps
    - most google apps can be uninstalled just like playstore apps

Faq
    - Q&A SECTiON FOUND HERE!
    - ADDITIONAL INFO HERE
    - CREDITS DUE, PLEASE READ THIS!

Rom
    - DOWNLOAD ROM HERE
    - CHANGELOGS!
    MD5 f9942f4d0c975c995e3d7897c604dade

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​
    READ THiS B4 U FLASH!

Rom Information

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS STABILITY, THAT COMES FIRST!, BEFORE MODS AND FEATURES,
    NEXT IS SPEED AND FLUIDITY FOLLOWED BY USEFUL MODS! , BEING ABLE TO DEPEND ON YOU DEVICE IS NOT
    AN OPTION ITS A REQUIREMENT!

MY ROM IS BASED ON 100% GOOGLE EDITION FIRMWARE!, AND WILL BE UPDATED AS FEATURES AND UPDATES
    COME FROM OFFICIAL OTA'S!

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR! & DEVS, DO NOT USE THIS ROM AS A BASE, CONTACT ME IF U NEED SOMETHING!
    PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!, AND ENJOY MY ROM!! :good:

i9505 USERS GOOGY-MAX3 KERNEL OR ALUCARD KERNEL RECOMMENDED!
    TMOBILE USERS 4.4.4 BASEBAND & BOOTLOADER RECOMMENDED!
    CANADIAN USERS 4.4.2 BASEBAND & BOOTLOADER NEEDED TO AVOID DATA DROPS!
    FiRST BOOT WILL TAKE SOMETIME! PLEASE BE PATIENT, LEAVE THE DEVICE ALONE DURING THIS TIME!

Useful Links
    GUIDE TO INSTALL THIS ROM CAN BE FOUND HERE
    CHANGELOG;S FOUND HERE
    Q&A SECTION CAN BE FOUND HERE
    FLASHABLE ADDONS FOUND HERE
    CONSIDER DONATING TO THIS PROJECT! CLiCK HERE

Download Links
    KANGAPOP ANDROID 5.0
    KANGAKAT ANDROID 4.4.4
    Release 4-29-14

CHANGELOG

- REBUILT FROM GROUNDUP
    - OPTIMIZED DALVIK
    - KTOONSEZ KERNEL
    - DEODEX ROM RUNS IN ART AND DALVIK RUNTIME!
    - EXTENDED REBOOT MENU RUNS IN ART AND DALVIK RUNTIME!
    - CHARGE WHiLE DEVICE IS OFF!
    - XPOSED
    - GRAVITY BOX
    - CM CALCULATOR
    - CLEAN INSTALL ONLY! <- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    - IF YOU DIRTY FLASH AND HAVE ISSUES CLEAN INSTALL B4 YOU POST!

Please go THANK the following
    BIG thanks to @ktoonsez for his kernel!!

HIT THANKS IF U LIKE THIS ROM, AND PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!
    DONATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT THEY MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO SPEND MORE
    TIME DOING WHAT I ENJOY!! THANKS GUYS!!
    Update 2-27-15

CHANGELOG

- CARRIER LABEL REMOVED FROM LOCK SCREEN
    - CUUSTOM EXTENDED REBOOT & RECOVERY ICON
    - CUSTOM POWER ICON IN APM
    - EXTENDED REBOOT ICONS RE COLORED
    - TOOLS HEADER ADDED TO SETTINGS.APK
    - ADAWAY VIA /SETTINGS/TOOLS HEADER
    - AUTOSTARTS VIA /SETTINGS/TOOLS HEADER
    - SUPERSU VIA /SETTINGS/SECURITY/SUPERSU
    - ADAWAY,SUPERSU, HIDDEN FROM LAUNCHER
    - AUTOSTARTS TWEAKED A BIT
    - AROMA INSTALLER REDONE
    - ADDED OPTION FOR MATERIAL DARK THEME
    - ADOPTED DiRTY UNICORNS WAY OF ROOTING
    - UPDATED SUPERSU TO 2.46
    - MISC STUFF I MIGHT HAVE FORGOT
    - DARK THEME COLORS BASED ON QUICKSETTINGS COLORS
    - MOST SCREENSHOTS UPDATED
    - DARK THEME SKINNED GOOGLE DIALER,GOOGLE CONTACTS, SETTINGS.APK
    - BIG THANKS TO @Vivek_Neel FOR HIS LOLLIPOP THEME GUIDE!
    - BIG THANKS TO @Saqib Nazm FOR HIS ADD OPTIONS TO SETTINGS GUIDE

NEW AROMA OPTION ADDED
    CHOOSE DARK OR LIGHT MATERIAL THEME

DONATIONS ARE NEVER REQUIRED! BUT THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATED!!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO MY PROJECTS CLiCK HERE:good:​