A good stock rom, that has the bloatware removed.....

Search This thread

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
Is there a good stock rom all cleaned off without all the bloatware? I want to flash one to my phone without having to rsd lite it and redo the unlocking etc. I just want to flash a stock rom that he can activate easily. Thanks=)

Or will putting the 2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM rom only unroot and not re-lock and remove the recovery? I assumed it would remove all that or there would be one to just flash with clockwork.

Last edited:

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra

skinny complete v1 seems like what I want. There is a rev0 and rev1, and a rev2 that isn't clickable but it's right below "skinny complete v1" so maybe that's what I click on for rev2? Sorry, prob a dumb question

The links didn't seem to work but the torrent for rev1 is working so I get that one. I says I need to be on 198-7. I was, then I put CM7.2, so I'm on 198-6. I'll need to read about updating to 198-7 before flashing. I'm thinking it is saying I need to flash back to stock then redo everything unlock, clockworkmod, then flash skinnyrev1...

Last edited:
Reactions: moisaal

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
Also, just to make sure, can one activate the phone with a skinny rom since it is like stock? Or is that too customized and the phone won't activate unless it is fully stock?

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
I ran skinny for a while. You don't need to reactivate.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
It should do the ota registration once you flash skinny..

I got a pm back from Joker and he said to wipe and flash. I did and it worked perfectly. It's great. I love that you can up to 7 lil icons in the bottom that stay fixed there. It's a quick rom and I like the morphing it does. The main thing I wanted to know was since it is a stockish rom can I give my friend the phone and he can activate it or do I need to flash it to a completely stock rom? I think I'm ok, but if you happen to know for sure.

ScottieRotten

Dec 3, 2011
Boston
Look at getting the MSL for the phone since it would make manual activation easy..

Either get it from sprint or use the extraction method found in the forums..

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
skinny did run nicely on mine, but have you checked out CM?

I did, it is super smooth and fast. I was going to give my phone to a friend and wanted to make sure he can just activate it without needing to do much. I played around with some themes too. I loved the power widget in CM7.2. ScottieRotten said I can get the MSL and install it so maybe I could have left CM7.2 on it.

Top Liked Posts