[ROM][GT-P7500] CyanogenMod 9 Nightlies Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G (P4)

Search This thread

airwax

Oct 20, 2011
Manila
I have been running the old mabalito kang for months now. Loving ics on the tab. Thanks for opening this thread. Time to flash the new roms.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

virtualx

Sep 23, 2009
Bucharest
I experienced several wifi disconnects , off & on , when downloading
There is nothing wrong with my router as i have notebook & sgs2, well connected/tested

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
There is nothing wrong with my router as i have notebook & sgs2, well connected/tested

Post logs, see second post on how to do that. Also make sure you have latest kernel from pershoot. Visit his website : http://droidbasement.com/db-blog to get it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: virtualx

virtualx

Sep 23, 2009
Bucharest
Post logs, see second post on how to do that. Also make sure you have latest kernel from pershoot. Visit his website : http://droidbasement.com/db-blog to get it.

never used adb / shame on me ;)

latest kernel... done!

after some aprox. 150-200 KB downloaded from an mp3, appeared this message

(i'm sorry i can only provide this)

recvfrom failed: ETIMEDOUT (Connection timed out)

Holmes108

Sep 29, 2010
Toronto
Anyone else having trouble downloading nightlies? Tried the last 2 builds, from PC and Tablet, but its very slow and fails at different points.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

drolevar

Jul 21, 2008
Bergen
Hi all!

Installed GApps as told above, but apparently Youtube app is not included there. I got apk from my friend, but is there a more civilized way to install it?

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Anyone else having trouble downloading nightlies? Tried the last 2 builds, from PC and Tablet, but its very slow and fails at different points.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

It is slow for some reason, about 60 KBps, but I finally managed to get it.

Tuxxperia

Feb 4, 2009
still did not get an answer :cool:
which advantages as an end user (not a developer) am getting in flashing CM9 ROM over over my rooted stock ROM ;) ..... I guess the answer is simply none :p

I think the answer is obvious: more speed. Thats why i update ;)

I'm experiencing wifi disconnects as well. But only while bluetooth is active. When i shut it off, wifi is running normaly.

Last edited:

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Hey... a friend of mine flashed cm9 for the p4 on the weekend and he said it's dangerous because when he connects the tab with the usb port it charges... and the tab needs more power than a usb port could provide... and he said it would burn the usb port. On samsung rom usb charging is disabled because of that... what's it with cm9?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

CosmoDroid

Jan 14, 2012
Hey... a friend of mine flashed cm9 for the p4 on the weekend and he said it's dangerous because when he connects the tab with the usb port it charges... and the tab needs more power than a usb port could provide... and he said it would burn the usb port. On samsung rom usb charging is disabled because of that... what's it with cm9?

Hey do a revision on that "Current Electricity and Resistance chapter" ....Every device needs more power to charge than that a usb port can provide...that's why they charge rather slowly on usb than direct power suply....It wont ever burn the usb port if ur usb port is allright...so chillax man... :eek: :)

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion

It is "not" charging, it works exactly as stock, the icon indicator is different.

Well Not true entirely, it does charge a bit, becuase the usb outputs 0.5A. That is standard for all usb ports on PC, I maybe incorrect. If you install stock ROM and you leave it plugged in you will see it also charges a bit. Our battery requires at least 2A to charge. As indicated on my wallcharger.

There is a mod available to charge, but it is not enabled as far as I remember in the kernel. The kernel handles charging as from the released source code by Samsung.

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Hey do a revision on that "Current Electricity and Resistance chapter" ....Every device needs more power to charge than that a usb port can provide...that's why they charge rather slowly on usb than direct power suply....It wont ever burn the usb port if ur usb port is allright...so chillax man... :eek: :)

Thanks but he still isn't convinced... :/

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
It is "not" charging, it works exactly as stock, the icon indicator is different.

Well Not true entirely, it does charge a bit, becuase the usb outputs 0.5A. That is standard for all usb ports on PC, I maybe incorrect. If you install stock ROM and you leave it plugged in you will see it also charges a bit. Our battery requires at least 2A to charge. As indicated on my wallcharger.

There is a mod available to charge, but it is not enabled as far as I remember in the kernel. The kernel handles charging as from the released source code by Samsung.

THANKS! He said it took 0.75 ampere (he has a device for monitoring it). Usb provides 500 mah.
It's strange...

CosmoDroid

Jan 14, 2012
He said it took more power than the usb specifications allow..
It took 0.75 ampere. Specifications say 500 mah..
He said it's too much..

Ampere is the unit of electric current and mAh is the unit of electric charge...you really are confused man...I can say one thing dat it did not burn millions of usb ports of the people who use this rom... ;)

brightfly

Mar 1, 2012
Szczecin
I think that this is not a good place arguing if USB charging does damage to the port... IMO - it doesn't! (USB connection is same as in 3.2 - Samsung should spot this problem, if there is any)

New built released and i love this weather widget on lock screen :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOW THAT WE HAVE OFFICIAL NIGHTLY BUILDS I THOUGHT IT WARRANTED A PROPER THREAD NOT A KANG ANYMORE
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

SOURCES
    General:
    http://github.com/CyanogenMod

Device:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_p4
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_p4-common

Kernel:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_p4 (Official)
    https://github.com/pershoot/galaxy-2636 (Unofficial)

What's working?
    • 3G - Make sure you have the correct APN Settings for your carrier/region.
    • HWA Video - No all the formats are supported, Blame NVidia or ... the world - (YouTube does work)

What's not working?

• Camera - This will only be fixed once we get an ICS Leaked ROM - Period, so stop asking! :)

I want feature X?
    No - You will not get it or maybe you will, I have no Idea what feature will get implemented. This is not the place to ask.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Tablet (3g version), or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you are rooted. (Plenty of thread available about how to do it)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery version 5.5.0.4 not any other version (Recovery[UPDATED]). This is the latest (2012-05-24) that works with the device make sure you flash this recovery via ODIN.
    IF YOU DO NOT INSTALL THIS RECOVERY YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INSTALL CORRECTLY/YOU WILL GET UNKNOWN VERSION ABORTING INSTALL ERROR
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (First Time Users)
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!

NOTICE:

IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY ISSUE WITH THE ROM AND YOU HAVE OVERLCOCKED/MODDED THE ROM DO NOT REPORT THE ISSUE UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED THE ISSUE ALSO OCCURS WHEN NOT OVERCLOCKED/MODDED!

IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY ISSUE AND YOU HAVE CONFIRMED IT IS AN ISSUE POST LOGS, USE PASTEBIN.COM IF YOU CANNOT ATTACH LOGS TO YOUR POST.

See second post on how to get logs to post logs!

Latest nightlies:
    http://get.cm/?device=p4&type=nightly

Changelog
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#p4/cm9/next

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

HOWTO SEND PATCHES
    Getting Started:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Howto:_Gerrit

Example:
    - cd ~/android/system
    - repo start branchname CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_p4
    -- Make your changes at device/samsung/p4
    - cd device/samsung/p4
    - git add -A
    - git commit -a
    - cd ~/android/system
    - repo upload CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_p4

Navigate to http://review.cyanogenmod.com , click your commit and add the reviewers.
    im nearing completion of p4 with all working. will call upon a few of you to test when im almost there.

'should' have a test out by tonight/tomorrow night.

the other remaining tabs will follow once this is done.
    an update,
    im not able to solve the flicker on portrait swiftly. it doesnt happen in JB. so ill forgo a stable ICS rls and move on to cm10.

ill build out one more experimental for cm9 and upload source changes in to CM so they will be in the nightlies while i prep JB for the new stuff.
    all work has been merged in to CM mainline. they'll show up in the next weekly build or you can grab the latest from droidbasement for now.
    Care to elaborate a little further for us who are being overly cautious. Does factory reset from ROM refers to the Factory Data Reset in the System Settings or a data wipe from CWM (or both)? What's the safest way to wipe for a clean install?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

do everything through recovery.