[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Touch v6.0.4.6

Search This thread

gianton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2009
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi 9
With clockworkmod when flashing it in command prompt window do you have to rename it or not?

Also does this latest version also install root like TWRP or has that to be done after installing clockworkmod?

Personally I'd prefer TWRP but from reading the trouble some users are having with it as opposed to clockworkmod I'll just flash this I've got TWRP on my Nexus 7 and no problems but i think there's some work to be done with it for this phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Are the problems you read about TWRP related to flashing with aroma installer?

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Are the problems you read about TWRP related to flashing with aroma installer?

Yeah pretty much, also people making nandroid backups and they are not there, apparently you've to create a folder and name it 0 and put the backup there.

Think I'll just stick with cwm, anyone answer my original question about whether it also installs root like TWRP?

Reactions: gianton

sean.trinidade

Yeah pretty much, also people making nandroid backups and they are not there, apparently you've to create a folder and name it 0 and put the backup there.

Think I'll just stick with cwm, anyone answer my original question about whether it also installs root like TWRP?

No. You'll need to flash supersu or superuser seperately (and also adb if you want that as well)

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Really? under what option is that listed???

Did you flash using the toolkit or manually push the recovery.img via fastboot?

I done it via fastboot.

I actually can't remember off hand, I clicked into recovery and done a nandroid backup then clicked back and it gave me the option to install root, I've noticed though there's no app like I had before (superuser app)

MediocreFred

Nov 12, 2010
Just curious... when will ROM Manager get 6.0.3.2? I have ROM Manager Premium and also purchased CWM Touch through ROM Manager (more to support the Devs than anything else).

Also, is there a changelog for 6.0.3.2? I am on 6.0.3.1 and would like to know if upgrading to the latest version is recommended right away or if it can wait until ROM Manager gets it.

sean.trinidade

Just curious... when will ROM Manager get 6.0.3.2? I have ROM Manager Premium and also purchased CWM Touch through ROM Manager (more to support the Devs than anything else).

Also, is there a changelog for 6.0.3.2? I am on 6.0.3.1 and would like to know if upgrading to the latest version is recommended right away or if it can wait until ROM Manager gets it.

I done it via fastboot.

I actually can't remember off hand, I clicked into recovery and done a nandroid backup then clicked back and it gave me the option to install root, I've noticed though there's no app like I had before (superuser app)

Figured out how it installed root:

Changelog for 6.0.3.2
May 2, 2013 - 6.0.3.2 add ext4 support, on unrooted devices will ask to root and do so with koush's Superuser.

Reactions: MediocreFred

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
is this compatible for tmo sgh t999..I update through rom manager still 6.0.3.1..sorry for noob question

Rom manager only has that version available until it has been updated with the latest version of CWM. If you want the new version then you will have to flash it via fastboot commands.

Sent witH desire from One X

murayoshi

Dec 24, 2012
From the land beyond beyond
Ty for fast response...so to install it in fastboot I have to change the file to recovery.img then volume down power +home button and flash it via adb is that correct? Hboot means HotBoot

Last edited:

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
Ty for fast response...so to install it in fastboot I have to change the file to recovery.img then volume down power +home button and flash it via adb is that correct? Hboot means HotBoot

Probably a bit late for this but you will be flashing the recovery.img via fastboot. Make sure you disable fastboot in the power menu too before you start this.

ankorez

Apr 22, 2010
i've flash recovery.img but how i enter in clockworkmod now please?
i try power on + vol down + home but not work and power on + vol down not work too
-------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT2: ok thank you for response up ! i was in fastboot for enter to recovery... mst be Hboot i understand now
Thank you Guys!!!! i love Android's community and Cyanogenmod ! ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT3: in CWM i can't mount usb storage?
how i copy on internal sdcard?
i must boot on stock rom and copy? but if i can't boot in stock rom can't copy rom.zip to the phone or in push adb on sdcard... ?

Last edited:

jasonbiggs

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6a
Ok, no matter what I do I can't get CWM on my HTC One. I've tried through Rom Manager and flashing the .img and results show OK. When I reboot, it shows entering recovery...but it goes to black screen (Off?) and then I have to press the power button to turn on and boot to OS. I'm using the latest 6.X version for Sprint...Also, I'm coming from TWRP and when I try to put TWRP back on it works! Any help? Thanks!

Last edited:

jasonbiggs

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6a
Same here!
6.0.3.0 worked nice except those freezes... but 6.0.3.2 seems to be broken

Edit: 6.0.3.1 worked also nice. Try this one...
Here you can get it:
http://goo.im/devs/Flyhalf205/M7/Recovery/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.1-m7.img

Thanks but still black screen using above. I am wondering, I did a "format data" in TWRP and it stated that that option, among wiping everything else, "removes encryption on internal storage". Could this causing the problems trying to get CWM insalled? Anyway, I just put TWRP back on through Goo Manager and booted into Recovery and restored my backup...

jmenbalek

Dec 29, 2008
SmokyLand
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Ok, no matter what I do I can't get CWM on my HTC One. I've tried through Rom Manager and flashing the .img and results show OK. When I reboot, it shows entering recovery...but it goes to black screen (Off?) and then I have to press the power button to turn on and boot to OS. I'm using the latest 6.X version for Sprint...Also, I'm coming from TWRP and when I try to put TWRP back on it works! Any help? Thanks!

Yo , the same here ... I can't boot into recovery with this , strange the installion run good , i have the screen "enter to recovery" and after blackout xD

I return to TWRP too :(

vegetaleb

I want to know if it's another Aroma bug(on the One) or not:
-I downloaded the sense clock widget mods from basil.
-Successfully applied one of the fonts + background (on Trickdroid rom)
-A couple of hours later I decided to change the fonts of the clock again,flashing the same zip via CWM...everything went fine but when installing the mod,it stopped on 70%,the blue bar(installation progress) kept shining for about 1 min,then black screen and reboot!
And nop,it didn't install the new fonts.
Tried 10 times and same result,even redownloaded the same zip but same result.
So is it an aroma bug? a CWM recovery failing?
I tried wiping dalvik cache,then format cache partition in CWM but still same result

Lil-rich

Apr 14, 2011
Use 6.0.3.1. .... .2 is broken atm
Gotta correct myself: the same problem exists on 6.0.3.1.
It is no persistent problem it just depends on some variables imho. So I didn't see it in 6.0.3.1 just in the beginning.

But it really solved the problem just NOT to touch on the screen but just use the volume/power buttons to install everything! Used 6.0.3.1 and the buttons and now I got my ARHD working again.

Top Liked Posts