[Q] Noob Question about firmware

Search This thread

Veebs

Nov 26, 2013
Orlando
Hello all, I'm sorry for this Noob question. What are the side effects of flashing a SM-N900P with a Verizon stock firmware (sm-N900V).

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Hello all, I'm sorry for this Noob question. What are the side effects of flashing a SM-N900P with a Verizon stock firmware (sm-N900V).

Just strait vzw .... You won't have data , calls , mms etc wifi will probably still work but the other you will have to fix build prop, apns , remove some apps and add some from a stock sprint one .... it's called porting a rom and it isn't easy ...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Veebs

Nov 26, 2013
Orlando
thank you

Just strait vzw .... You won't have data , calls , mms etc wifi will probably still work but the other you will have to fix build prop, apns , remove some apps and add some from a stock sprint one .... it's called porting a rom and it isn't easy ...

thank you very much for your response. I just wanted to see if i can use this phone with verizon, as i already have a verizon account. sigh.. got a good phone and then got screwed over by somebody. and now i have an expensive paper weight. FML!

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
thank you very much for your response. I just wanted to see if i can use this phone with verizon, as i already have a verizon account. sigh.. got a good phone and then got screwed over by somebody. and now i have an expensive paper weight. FML!

There is no "legal " way to use it with vzw but you could sell it on Craigslist ebay etc and get your money back