New Droid 3

Search This thread

d7benjamin

Dec 18, 2010
I have just received a replacement D3 and it had shipped with the 5.7.906 update. I was wondering if there was a way to root it and if ROMs that use the old BP tools and things like that, that prevent from downgrading. If so, can I install a ROM that uses the 5.7.906 system apps will install correctly and work. Currently I have not found or seen anyone with the fast boot /.XML/RSD lite files to restore it if anything goes wrong. I'm just worried that I won't be able to get back to stock if something goes wrong in the install process. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

blackbuddha

Jun 4, 2010
London
Intriguing!

Did youo receive your phone as a replacement from Verizon? If it's brand new and it runs on 5.7.906, I surmise that the next official OTA would certainly be 5.7.906. This will absolutely make some folks relaxed since they're worrying that 5.7.906 might not be the right update path. In this case, if anything goes wrong, just head over the thread about OTA Leak and flash it onto your device.

About ROM, unless the developer specifies in their thread, your phone should be ok with any.

Good luck!

rodre12

Apr 15, 2011
Washington DC
You are most likely the luckest droid 3 user youhave the lastest ota update already

sent from my FULLY CUSTOMIZED DROID3 using swype and the gifts god gave me