[Q] Unstable Wi-Fi 2.6x kernel

Search This thread

SimonDays

Jun 14, 2014
Hello, i'm here to "report" or ask for some help with my problem, first of all i have a sony st15i (smultron) smartphone, it seems like my phone in specific it's not compatible with 2.6 kernel, because this problem... wi-fi keeps dropping everytime, it has a perfect signal, but suddenly while im using it wifi just dissappears from the statusbar, and when i go to settings to see what's happening it shows all closer networks with poor signal, (1 bar) so, i've tried every single JB 4.1.2 kernel and every single one has this problem in my phone, if anyone could help me i would be really happy, btw i've seen people with this problem without any answer.

Also, this happens with official ICS and custom ICS roms... (and kernels)

Screenshot_2014-06-13-19-23-58.png while i took this screenshot i was just in front of my Wi-Fi (connectify.me), and it just shows it with poor signal, while it should be full... just happens with ics a and jellybean 4.1

Last edited:

karandpr

Senior Mod | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
Thanks for the response, it also happens with mhotspot and normal routers.. I flashed ur kernel to see if it didnt had this problem, but it does..

Hmmm, I will see and check.
Connectify and my mini pro hate each other.
All other phones work with connectify but the signal gets lost after 5 -10 minutes on mini pro.

SimonDays

Jun 14, 2014
I just found out that in .431 official build from sony my phone doesnt have that problem, wi-fi is always stable... So if anyone knows why this happens with .587 and jelly bean 4.1.2 i would really appreciate it..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thats an issue with connectify :).
    It doesn't happen on Normal Router.
    mhotspot is better than connectify imo ;).
    I just found out that in .431 official build from sony my phone doesnt have that problem, wi-fi is always stable... So if anyone knows why this happens with .587 and jelly bean 4.1.2 i would really appreciate it..

Different Baseband, You can use .587 with .431 baseband .