[Q] Motorolla Device Manager not working for Windows 8.1

Search This thread

Arvindc

Jul 2, 2014
Hi,

Need to know if someone has connected the phone with "Motorolla Device Manager" through USB? If so how?

From past two days I have been trying mine to connect, however, it only connects to the windows and I see the files etc. but not to the MDM.

I tried un-installing, re-installing, re-booting but nothing seems to be working for windows 8.1 64 bit.

I have googled and searched on the Motrolla site with no luck.

I have unrooted Moto-E XT 1022 4.4.2.

Last edited:

jitz_

Account currently disabled
Jun 28, 2013
Usa
meettomy.site
Hi,

Need to know if someone has connected the phone with "Motorolla Device Manager" through USB? If so how?

From past two days I have been trying mine to connect, however, it only connects to the windows and I see the files etc. but not to the MDM.

I tried un-installing, re-installing, re-booting but nothing seems to be working for windows 8.1 64 bit.

install through control pannel add new hardware manually

paste this drivers files in path
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\

hope this will help u !

Attachments

• Drivers.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,880
Reactions: kuldeeps48

Arvindc

Jul 2, 2014

Code:

hope this will help u !

The MDM is still not working. When it's installed at the last step the installation says that the MDM icon would appear. It never does. Manually starting the MDM, starts the software updater which also errors out at the end. See attached screenshots.

After some work around on enabling the USB Debugging and then turning on the MTP, I do get a Media device on windows. In the drivers I could see the Motorola ADB Interface and my XT1022 as a portable device. See attached screenshot.

Strangely, when both the MTP and PTP are unslected then with only the USB debugging on, the device is not recognised as the windows doesn't find the drivers. See Attached screenshot.

Probably, the problem is with the MDM and it's drivers which are Motorola specific.

Another question I am wondering about is what functions does MDM provides, apart from software update?

Attachments

• MDMInstall.jpg
    MDMInstall.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1,737
  • XT1022_DriverError.jpg
    XT1022_DriverError.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 1,642
  • MTP_XT1022_composite.jpg
    MTP_XT1022_composite.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,542
Last edited:

jitz_

Account currently disabled
Jun 28, 2013
Usa
meettomy.site
The MDM is still not working. When it's installed at the last step the installation says that the MDM icon would appear. It never does. Manually starting the MDM, starts the software updater which also errors out at the end. See attached screenshots.

After some work around on enabling the USB Debugging and then turning on the MTP, I do get a Media device on windows. In the drivers I could see the Motorola ADB Interface and my XT1022 as a portable device. See attached screenshot.

Strangely, when both the MTP and PTP are unslected then with only the USB debugging on, the device is not recognised as the windows doesn't find the drivers. See Attached screenshot.

Probably, the problem is with the MDM and it's drivers which are Motorola specific.

Another question I am wondering about is what functions does MDM provides, apart from software update?

The Motorola Device Manager is Having Problem_ even i am not able to use _ #Win 8

Arvindc

Jul 2, 2014
Use this.. Uninstall Motorola device manager, reboot.. Then install it..

Also please search the forum before posting.. I found this on frequently asked questions thread in q&a section.. Hope it helps[emoji106]

Still the MDM is not working.

These seem to be older versions of the driver. The problem seems to be specifically with the MDM and it's specific drivers as I am successfully able to connect to my Moto E for Tethering & use it as mobile hotspot.

Can any one point me to the functionality of MDM?

Alien Kingson

Mar 24, 2014
Same question

Still the MDM is not working.

These seem to be older versions of the driver. The problem seems to be specifically with the MDM and it's specific drivers as I am successfully able to connect to my Moto E for Tethering & use it as mobile hotspot.

Can any one point me to the functionality of MDM?

Damn same question!!! Help!!!!!

Ahish.s

Last edited:

Alien Kingson

Mar 24, 2014

jam3972

Sep 29, 2010
Sam problem here with Windows 8.1 64-bit Motorola device manager 2.5.4
On the same computer I was able to run virtual machine with Windows 7 32-bit and it worked correctly. So it is nothing wrong with the hardware on either end. just Windows 8.1 driver issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Code:

hope this will help u !