Problem when upgrading to 4.4.4

Search This thread

Stuffdude99

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton
Hello XDA,
I have SGH-T999 phone or T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 with CM 11 M8 snapshot and i am facing some major problems with it. Yesterday (7/14/14) i upgraded the rom to m8 snapshot and faced some problem after i loaded up my device. i had problem with my keyboard. i believe this is because i had flashed android l keyboard. But when this was happening i thought the problem i had was caused by the gapps. Thus i went on to download the 4.4.4 gapps. the problem still continued and also i could not use my menu and back button. So i backed up all my stuff including system data. i factory reset my phone and flashed the latest snapshot and the latest gapps. i started up my phone and it worked perfectly. I then recovered all my data and when i was asked to reboot my device i didn't. i first installed my xposed framework and then rebooted. From that point on my device is stuck in a boot loop and i cant fix it. Also when i pressed the power button, my device vibrated twice and then if i pressed it again it would vibrate once. I think the answer is to just restore the user data and not the system. if this is the answer is there anyway i can get my user dictionary and wifi connections back? Thanks.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
You'll probably need to factory reset again to get it booting. Using an app such as titanium backup, only restore user data and apps. (Restoring dictionary and wifi connections should be ok). If you were previously on an earlier version of that rom, restoring all data should be ok, so im suspecting its probably got something to do with xposed framework.
I dont know a lot about xposed or cm though, so maybe someone else can verify all of that.

Stuffdude99

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton
Thanks!

You'll probably need to factory reset again to get it booting. Using an app such as titanium backup, only restore user data and apps. (Restoring dictionary and wifi connections should be ok). If you were previously on an earlier version of that rom, restoring all data should be ok, so im suspecting its probably got something to do with xposed framework.
I dont know a lot about xposed or cm though, so maybe someone else can verify all of that.

Thanks what you suggested worked. Thanks again