HTC HML ADAPTER on MyTouch 4G Slide

Search This thread

fcreeves

Apr 22, 2007
Back in NY
I have an official HTC HML Adapter but the first TV I used with HDMI did not work.
It is an old Sanyo with only 1 HDMI Port.

The adapter says HTC EVO 3D and Sensation

The TV out on the same TV works instantly with the Zune RCA (Red-Yellow-White) adapter.

I will try a 27" Asus monitor with 2 HDMI inputs later.

Has anyone had success with their MT4GS and this adapter?

EDIT: No Good with Asus Monitor on either HDMI port.

I have a CECHA01 (750GB) PS3 that was updated to 3.60 with my knowledge. (I'll keep that anger away from this thread)

I will test the DLNA Media Server functionality of the PS3 if someone has not done so?

This is bad news that there is no MHL funcionality. NOT the same as Sensataion! I will have to sell this to one of my friends with Sensation that are running their fancy Custom ROMs while I sit and rot on Stock for the time! Perhaps I have a bad unit right out of the box? It's possible, but I doubt it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue6IX and HeyTao

pmcqueen

Jan 31, 2011
Seattle, WA
I believe we've already confirmed that the MT4GS, out of the box at least, does not support MHL. can't remember the thread where it was being discussed.

it would seem that it could be possible if you take into account the fact that the innards are the same as the Sensation and E3D, but we might have to dig to get it going. also, apparently some of the early demos of the MT4GS showed off MHL alongside the Sensation which leads me to believe we just need some small tweaks to get it working on the retail units.

fcreeves

Apr 22, 2007
Back in NY
...which leads me to believe we just need some small tweaks to get it working on the retail units.

This leads me to believe we need to donate to some devs to get this device in their hands. I am sick of checking the development thread to see if a there is a ROM available.

Every other device I have had, I always checked to see what was new for flashing. I think the that the timing of the Sensation and MT4GS may be one of the causes of the lack of development:(

What can you do....just wait and see. I have chose to wait vs getting the Sensation, which has not been easy as I have unlocked and flashed everyone in my area who has bought one, while I choose the joystick over screen res?

How much longer will this painful wait be?

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

Protricity

Oct 1, 2009
Stock rom does not do TV out at all if you remove the TVOut apk.

Thus it follows that MHL will not work unless the correct MHL apk is present.

I would imagine the next course of action is to determine if the sensation rom contains such an apk while the mytouch does not.

Anyone have a sensation they can look at for us?

Reactions: Cap3737

pmcqueen

Jan 31, 2011
Seattle, WA
This leads me to believe we need to donate to some devs to get this device in their hands. I am sick of checking the development thread to see if a there is a ROM available.

Every other device I have had, I always checked to see what was new for flashing. I think the that the timing of the Sensation and MT4GS may be one of the causes of the lack of development:(

What can you do....just wait and see. I have chose to wait vs getting the Sensation, which has not been easy as I have unlocked and flashed everyone in my area who has bought one, while I choose the joystick over screen res?

How much longer will this painful wait be?

Sorry for the rant.

I think we're moving along nicely... less than a month since the device's official release and we have perm root & s-off already. rom development will take time. if you're aching for some changes, just head over to the UOT kitchen and have some fun there.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Just purchase a camcorder av cable. You can do tv out that way. Plus its cheaper and quality is the same as a mhl.

Sent from my Crack Injected Doubleshot using XDA Premium App

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
This thread, it has become zombie.

Can we difinitively say this device does not have mhl support at this point, or has someone learned something the rest of us are unaware of?

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Finally seller stepped back, not shipping to hungary.

:( going to look for an alternative way.

sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced

Well, since you are off the hook for the moment:

Does it require specific hardware to operate, or is it just code that matters?

I understand it's not supposed to matter for the connection itself - so using the MicroUSB would work on any device that had it - but is there any hardware that needs to be present within the device itself to make it work?

I think that's what I got from this before - but didn't verify anything or look into it too deeply because of the tv-out over 3.5mm and just wrote it off.

If it does require hardware support to function in some context, maybe we can see if we actually have that hardware in the device before you spend money again.

Or do you not care and just wanna buy and try? Fine either way - just curious?

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Well, the seller stated its compatible for a reason, but might be an error on his side. Also im back at my money, so ill look into this more thoroughly, looking at local stores converters and their compatibility.
But yes, if someone could verify hw specification with htc or tmo that would save time.and yes it needs hw imho.

sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced

Last edited:

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
http://ifixsmartphone.com/iphone_repair/MyTouch_4G_Slide_teardown.html

That links to the only known public teardown of this device - it's showing how to replace part of the screen, but you have to take the whole device apart to get to that and pictures were taken at each step.

If we can determine that there is specific hardware needed and what it is, so far this is our best chance to see if it's physically there. (possibly?)

If any other public teardowns are found, definitely post here - and if anyone knows what hardware MHL requires the device to have please post it here so we can look into this.

Don't have the time to look too deep into this tonight, but i'll definitely post anything relevant I can find towards determining whether it's possible or not.

----

I just might buy that teardown found here:

http://www.abiresearch.com/research/1009325-HTC+MYTOUCH-4G-SLIDE+phone+teardown

...that _atlien_ posted about here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17482235&postcount=2

I've gone to that page probably once every 2 or 3 weeks since it was posted and thought about buying it, maybe next time but every time I get closer to going for it.

----

That aside though, any public resources along these lines anyone has found would be appreciated. I think the idea that it needs hardware makes sense or any device could just do it with the right code - but not sure and could be wrong. We need a conclusive determination on this.

tbalden

Recognized Developer
ok. i think MHL is a not going to work, looking and digging for it.
The chip is called 'sii9234' that sensation and shooter (evo3d) seems to have by default in the kernel. Looking for this chip on google related to our device I see nothing relevant...

there would be no sane reason to not include the driver if the chip is on board, that would be like worsening the market position of it. So i wont buy this cable, till someone can confirm that the sii9234 mhl chip is on the board.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    did the rehouse will post pics of motherboard and other circuit boards soon.

******Edit*****
    Not sure if this will work. But its set as a public album https://picasaweb.google.com/104157064045318558040/InsideMt4gs

[* PyroIce ICS on dShot/MT4gS *]
    I have an official HTC HML Adapter but the first TV I used with HDMI did not work.
    It is an old Sanyo with only 1 HDMI Port.

The adapter says HTC EVO 3D and Sensation

The TV out on the same TV works instantly with the Zune RCA (Red-Yellow-White) adapter.

I will try a 27" Asus monitor with 2 HDMI inputs later.

Has anyone had success with their MT4GS and this adapter?

EDIT: No Good with Asus Monitor on either HDMI port.

I have a CECHA01 (750GB) PS3 that was updated to 3.60 with my knowledge. (I'll keep that anger away from this thread)

I will test the DLNA Media Server functionality of the PS3 if someone has not done so?

This is bad news that there is no MHL funcionality. NOT the same as Sensataion! I will have to sell this to one of my friends with Sensation that are running their fancy Custom ROMs while I sit and rot on Stock for the time! Perhaps I have a bad unit right out of the box? It's possible, but I doubt it?
    Stock rom does not do TV out at all if you remove the TVOut apk.

Thus it follows that MHL will not work unless the correct MHL apk is present.

I would imagine the next course of action is to determine if the sensation rom contains such an apk while the mytouch does not.

Anyone have a sensation they can look at for us?
    ive sent an email to htcdev asking about this. I hope they give a decisive answer. Ive detailed that I know that its not in the kernel released, but want to know if its present dormant or not present at all.