Missing expandable storage?

Search This thread

metapy

Oct 5, 2011
I had a 64GB microSD card that was doing nothing more than sitting since the LG G2 does not have a microSD slot. I picked up a small OTG reader and now I have almost 90GB of storage! Really nice design, micro USB OTG on one end and standard USB on the other to use with a computer.

2-in-1 USB MicroSD OTG

About $3 shipped, reads 64GB cards (specifically SanDisk Ultra 64GB XC1 class), was seeing 30MB/second reads and 10MB/second writes from the computer. The phone has no problem reading the card and there is a headphone plug to keep the reader attached to the phone. It does seem a little flimsy, but for its size and cost I am still very pleased.

Reactions: death_entry

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
I had a 64GB microSD card that was doing nothing more than sitting since the LG G2 does not have a microSD slot. I picked up a small OTG reader and now I have almost 90GB of storage! Really nice design, micro USB OTG on one end and standard USB on the other to use with a computer.

2-in-1 USB MicroSD OTG

About $3 shipped, reads 64GB cards (specifically SanDisk Ultra 64GB XC1 class), was seeing 30MB/second reads and 10MB/second writes from the computer. The phone has no problem reading the card and there is a headphone plug to keep the reader attached to the phone. It does seem a little flimsy, but for its size and cost I am still very pleased.

Ooo that does seem really nice I'm gonna grab one now, I was looking for something like this but found nothing this good.... The memory card that can do this is still out of stock so this will do in the meantime!

Thanks for sharing, I think the headphone jack thingy is a really nice touch :D

Hid3rs

Dec 27, 2013

2-in-1 USB MicroSD OTG

That sounds great, sir! May I ask if you can record videos directly to your SD card using the stock camera and/or 3rd party video apps (if there's any)?

brianwilkie76

Dec 17, 2009
Peterborough
Has anybody actually ordered and received this yet, just a little wary about ordering from Chinese sellers... Got my gmail hacked last time :laugh:

metapy

Oct 5, 2011
I've been ordering from dx.com for years, never a problem. You will wait and wait for the shipment, but it will get here. If there is a problem they will fix it, for $3 you might want to get more than one. There are many other OTG adapters there as well, search OTG and sort by price, low to high, and release date to see more options, there are even some android shaped ones.

I ordered and received these before posting, I will test it once I get my phone replaced. It decided to "die" last night, reboots, gets to lock screen, freezes then reboots, even reverted to stock rom with the same issue. Going to swap it at a Sprint store today.

shadowteic

Feb 12, 2011
I have micro USB to female USB OTG adapter and it works. Have been very interested in the Meenova.com one. Think I am going to order it.

Last edited:

Carlos21295

Jul 2, 2013
Sony has recently release a double port USB and microUSB pendrive. It seems to me like a good solution

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2-in-1 USB MicroSD OTG