[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [moto_msm8960]

Search This thread

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
can you tell me the steps of clean flashing.im using philz touch recovery latest.and im going to install the 23 may nightly which is the latest whats new in this ?.

Go to factory reset then select Clean Wipe to New Rom (or something close to that). You can also format the internal sd because some app cache is stored on it, though that usually doesn't matter... Just remember to have the rom and gapps on hand AND take a nandroid before doing a clean wipe (fiber helps too), it wipes /system and your phone won't have any OS installed at all. I did it the other day and Carbon had a bad download (it was related to my cable modem and a cat...) and it wouldn't flash, if I didn't have my PAC nandroid I'd have been screwed for a bit until I got to my PC to down then sideload a rom.

Reactions: kxhan15

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
is 3g data working on latest nightly of carbon rom ? cuz my is not :( anyone can confirm it please

Please don't crosspost. It dilutes the community effort.

Which device do you actually have? Is your device GSM, CDMA...?

I assume GSM - I know on the latest nightly 3g data works here, but 3g data for GSM and 3g data for CDMA are different things entirely...

So has it worked for you on previous nightlies? Have you tried clean flashing?

I responded to your other post as well. Please only reply to one post, for which device you actually own.

mega_man

Dec 22, 2012
sialkot
Please don't crosspost. It dilutes the community effort.

Which device do you actually have? Is your device GSM, CDMA...?

I assume GSM - I know on the latest nightly 3g data works here, but 3g data for GSM and 3g data for CDMA are different things entirely...

So has it worked for you on previous nightlies? Have you tried clean flashing?

I responded to your other post as well. Please only reply to one post, for which device you actually own.

i own an gsm atrix hd though. and yes 3g was launched just yesterday in my area it was working on other nokia phones but not in mine that is why i was concerned

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
i own an gsm atrix hd though. and yes 3g was launched just yesterday in my area it was working on other nokia phones but not in mine that is why i was concerned

OK, I would make sure it works in stock. If it doesn't work on stock, then perhaps check the frequency, and make sure the Atrix HD supports it.

RPalomo

Jul 26, 2013
In my case. H+ just appear in AOSB and stock any other custom ROM just H is displayed in status bar. Help me pls.

Enviado desde mi ATRIX HD usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
In my case. H+ just appear in AOSB and stock any other custom ROM just H is displayed in status bar. Help me pls.

Enviado desde mi ATRIX HD usando Tapatalk

Do you notice a difference in speeds? It may just be how AOSB displays it...

Check in about phone, see what the actual network mode is.

RPalomo

Jul 26, 2013

In about phone appear HSDPA in Carbon, GZ, Mokee, Gummy ....

but

in AOSB and Stock appear HSPA+

Why? is my question lol.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
In about phone appear HSDPA in Carbon, GZ, Mokee, Gummy ....

but

in AOSB and Stock appear HSPA+

Why? is my question lol.

No screenshots, no logs... give me something to go off of. I'm a Sprint customer in the USA, so I don't have H or H+... keep these things in mind. I don't even have your device, "lol".

If your device doesn't run CM properly and you didn't help CM with the device unification, then any ROM based on CM will suffer similarly.

kxhan15

Mar 30, 2012
COLTON
Does anyone know how to get the see thru lock screen to work? I know it works by taking a screen shot and using it as your lockscreen wallpaper. But every time I try to use it, its like the screenshot is taken in the middle of the screen off animation. I have tried turning off any sort of screen off animation. No matter what i try I always get the same results. I will try to post a screenshot to show what I mean.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RPalomo

Jul 26, 2013
No screenshots, no logs... give me something to go off of. I'm a Sprint customer in the USA, so I don't have H or H+... keep these things in mind. I don't even have your device, "lol".

If your device doesn't run CM properly and you didn't help CM with the device unification, then any ROM based on CM will suffer similarly.

Ok, I understand, I'll see as I get more information about this inconvenience and will inform you later.

kxhan15

Mar 30, 2012
COLTON
I attached a screenshot

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1401312833569.jpg
    1401312833569.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 82

RPalomo

Jul 26, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-28-15-39-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-28-15-39-05.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2014-05-28-15-39-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-28-15-39-48.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2014-05-28-15-40-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-28-15-40-18.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_2014-05-28-15-55-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-28-15-55-16.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 60

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

RPalomo

Jul 26, 2013
OK, so how about my question with CM unification? Did this ever work properly on AOSP/CM? Did it work before unification? Did you help with CM device unification?

Have you tried all the network modes? Can you find anything different about AOSB?

In AOSB the mobile networks menu options are totally different, be installing some custom before unification. You've been very helpful thanks for your guidance.

Arjomer

Oct 12, 2013

I have the same thing... It shows H+ on AOSB... But I haven't notice a speed difference.

My problem is when I'm on WiFi, its slow as hell, downloading 10-20kbp/s. I've tried different places but I guess its just my 3rd world internet provider .

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I have the same thing... It shows H+ on AOSB... But I haven't notice a speed difference.

My problem is when I'm on WiFi, its slow as hell, downloading 10-20kbp/s. I've tried different places but I guess its just my 3rd world internet provider .

Ya, you are probably right... different display for the same network mode.

As for your wifi speeds, are they similarly slow on other devices...? I've heard of people having connectivity issues, but I think most of those are resolved...

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app

Arjomer

Oct 12, 2013
Ya, you are probably right... different display for the same network mode.

As for your wifi speeds, are they similarly slow on other devices...? I've heard of people having connectivity issues, but I think most of those are resolved...

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app

Well, I tried the same WIFI on my dad's alcatel and It worked way better than my AHD.

I've had this even on stock so I wonder If I could ever fix this. Thanks anyways

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

can somene give me an logical explantion that why even after we get offical kk update and bootloaders why carbon wont support us again ?

Not sure what wasn't clear in my post, but I'll re-state it.

I don't own an AtrixHD. My device (Photon Q) isn't getting the KK update.

CM has gone to this new paradigm, which I am unable to support, as my device is not getting the new bootloader/kernel/modem setup. So while before, I was able to support these devices because they were basically all the same... I am now not able to support all these devices because they are now basically not all the same.

So I would essentially be supporting a device blind - much more blind than before. I didn't mind supporting it semi-blind as the devices were basically all the same. Now they are not, and I cannot support a device which is drastically different from my own blindly. I can't test new things, patches are not able to be vetted by me, etc etc.

Someone else will step up and make an unofficial Carbon I'm sure.
    Just wanted to let everyone know I'm going to attempt building with the new unified method - thanks to dhacker for all the hard work he put in unifying the device trees!

Let me know if there's any issues folks. New device is called 'moto_msm8960'.
    On that note, bi-weekly builds of moto_msm8960_jbbl will start as of tonight.

You must be running the old 4.1.2 JB bootloader setup - this is basically for folks who can't upgrade to the new KK bootloader from moto for whatever reason.
    Anyone got a mirror of the latest version ? It says they can be down for hours, or way longer lol

im I the only one that cant find the ROM?

lol...

Jeez guys.

http://oudhitsquad.com/arrrghhh/roms/carbon_kk/CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140205-0852-mb886.zip