Missing Internal Storage

Search This thread
Jul 27, 2008
Diamond Missing internal storage
I have discovered the same issue of the Internal storage missing, I have tried flashing it with the latest and greatest firmware and nothing appears to bring it back. It just does not show up when the phone and when I go to memory it just says that the Internal Storage card is not installed.
Any help would be fantastic.

Jul 27, 2008
RE: Issue

Try to disconnect your device from the pc ;)

Hi SurfHost,

The storage is missing even when the phone is unplugged from the PC,
It is a real concern, when I first noticed is when I went to play music while I was driving and the phone could not find the music that was stored on the internal storage. mmmm
I am concerned its buggered.

Elusiv

Jul 13, 2008
If you run some Programms you cant acess your internal storage. (had the same problem with tomtom for a while).

dazkent

Jul 25, 2008
HI i have the same problem. with my orange diamond. secound phone to do this.
orange giving my problems with changing the phone again.
i spoke to htc direct and they were very helpful. after a long phone chat with there engineer he agreed the phone is faulty.
they have had cases were a double hard reset somtimes brings the phone back in line. but in my case it didnt work.
did you connect your phone to your car stereo? and then it became faulty?
Maybe theres somthing in these readers which trips the phones up?

jxl98c

Jul 16, 2008
Nottingham
The Internal Storage only disappears when you set to use it as a high speed mass storage device and not an active sync device.

Try changing the usage over and see if it comes back.

chribruu

Mar 21, 2007
Tromsø
The Internal Storage only disappears when you set to use it as a high speed mass storage device and not an active sync device.

Try changing the usage over and see if it comes back.

The poster says this in his second post: The storage is missing even when the phone is unplugged from the PC.

Try to read before you post, and welcome btw :)

Jul 27, 2008
Hi dazkent,

How do I do a double hard reset?
I am willing to try anything at this stage.
Besides from it losing most of its memory, I still love this phone, but not having the space for Mp3s or TomTom apps its just a simple phone. :(

Looking forward to some help

Thanks everyone

qoobeq

Jul 27, 2008

Never heard of anything called 'double hard reset'. I'd suggest performing 'ordinary' hard reset, here is the how to:

1. Pull out the stylus.
2. With the device turned on, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and
ENTER buttons, then press the RESET button with the stylus tip.
3. Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons until you see the message on the screen (about all the personal data being deleted)
4. Release the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press the
VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other
button to cancel the reset.

If that doesn't help I'd try to put newer ROM in if I were you.

novalistic

Sep 22, 2007
Hi dazkent,

I am willing to try anything at this stage.
Besides from it losing most of its memory, I still love this phone, but not having the space for Mp3s or TomTom apps its just a simple phone. :(

Looking forward to some help

Thanks everyone

If you had come to this stage . . . .
I suggest that you goto: Start > Setting > System > Clear Storge > in the drop down panel select "Format InternalStorage Only", see whether is works . . .

You are the one who decide, is you Diamond . . .

Jul 27, 2008
I would be happy to format the internal storage if it was seen by the OS, it just does not show up. I will try the hard reset now and see what that gives me. Thanks everyone for your help so far.

dazkent

Jul 25, 2008
HI
Double hard reset. was sugested by the engineer at htc. when trying to solve this issue.
basiclly perform hard reset and as soon as reboot finish perform again.
It didnt fix mine and the htc engineer said my phone was faulty.
After 6 hours back and forth on the phone to orange.
Orange finally replaced my phone for the 3rd time for this fault. had it a week now and current phone seems to be holding out fine. although now i have a battery drain issue with this one!

Jammer

Jan 18, 2005
My Diamond loses Internal Storage when connected to the PC as a USB disk - as expected.

Sometimes it does not regain the Internal Storage when unplugging it from the PC. My assumption (not yet tested) is that this tends to happen when the File Explorer is open on the Diamond when disconnecting.

Completely powering off+on the Diamond (not just Standby) solved these incidents for me every time so far....never needed to hard-reset.

gixxer11

Aug 26, 2008
Blackpool
I have exactly the same fault.

My internal storage will return if I do a hard reset, but that's a pain to set up my device from scratch everytime.

After using it for a day or so (using Active Sync at work and mass storage at home), it will lose the ability to 'see' the internal storage.. either via mass storage or Active synch connection, although plugged in as a mass storage device the PC can still see and use it as normal, just active synch or the phone itself can't see it.

I'm not so sure that this is a hardware issue, I think the phone still thinks it's connected via 'normal' usb.

Any ideas, I'm on Rom 1.93 and the issue is still occurring. It's doing my nut in!

Last edited:

xokos

Sep 30, 2007
The best way it's to use linux...
Just connect the phone to the pc(with linux), chose the disk option on the phone.
Then on the pc go to the partition manager and on the right top side chose the phone memory.Chose and eliminate that partion and after that just create a new one.This not very complete any doubt's just post...
I have done this one Ubuntu,the 8.10 version, with the disk running, not instaled on the pc.

_wizo_

Sep 15, 2008
Athens
I had this problem once also. Diamond could not see internal storage.
I opened file explorer and saw that i had

Internal Storage
and
Internal Storage2

Internal Storage did not contain anything though

What i did is rm the Internal Storage folder and Soft Reset.

Everything back to normal...

blufade

Sep 24, 2008
Dubai
OnePlus 5
actually while you enter the hardreset menu there are two options, choose the one that says hard reset along with formatting internal storage(moviNAND or somthing).

ongkenhan

Aug 21, 2009
My Diamond (P3700) have the same problem.

I tried use hotfix here http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=148&act=sd&cat=all

but it's said : ''Please use the correct device to install this Hotfix Program!"

Is there a way to get my internal storage back??

Yo bro, i encountered this problem before. no worries.
all u need to do is:-

1) connect your diamond to ur pc.
2) format your internal memory there.
3) flash your phone again.
4) you will have your internal memory back again.

Note: dun try to connect your phone to your car audio again. ;)

Reactions: rwxit

Top Liked Posts