[GPS][DEV]Heathens GPS Fix[EDT] - Updated 3/19/11

Search This thread

hectorcist

Oct 5, 2010
I flashed the first zip without a problem, tried to locate gps and cant find my location :( I tried flashing second zip but gets error msg's when installing. Can someone point me to the gps fix where you push the files into certain folders? I can't find the thread.

anthonys2r

Jul 19, 2008
This fixed my GPS running Simply Galaxy/Sweet Honey! At first, it wouldnt lock with only GPS but now it locks to 50 m of my location indoors (with only GPS!)

shownuff

Aug 7, 2010
clearwater florida
your the man, and the other person too, who answered. great work. I am creating a rehab for vibrant addicts. detox center!.... jk. I thought it was funny. peace yall.

anthonys2r

Jul 19, 2008
I cleared cache, data, I flashed thru recovery and still not able to find my gps location using gps alone. I give up lol . Thanks for trying to help though.

A new modem might also help you, who knows. I had good experience with KA7 (in my area), maybe odin to stock and reflash everything because you might have some ghosting left from previous GPS flashes.

funeralthirst

Jul 11, 2010
Boise
CM7 port. It uses CWM3.x, and 3.x has fully deprecated (2.x should have a long time ago) the ammend script. updater_script is the only supported method in 3.x going forward. Which it was deleted from Android 1.6 if that tells you anything.

yeah, i got that part, it was the '2.3.2 for vibrant' that i'm curious about. just wondering if there is an edt or tw or eb 2.3.2 in the soon-to-be-released works. cause cm7 is close enough to barely daily driverable that i don't want to go to anything not gingerbread.

C

chib1panda

flashed the first zip. running darkys beta and deleted GPS. locked in inside with phone on couch with accuracy of 20 meters. :) never had that before.

isikh

Jul 16, 2009
NY
This is a flash for the GPS files pulled from the new XWJV1 Gingerbread I9000 Leak.
Rather a mix of GB GPS and Vibrant GPS.

Wipes Dalvik so it will take a minute longer to reboot after flashing it.

This took a little longer for me to lock indoors but I was still able to get 6 meters accuracy with 6 of 12 birds locked.

Added second test version, that includes some un-needed files, GPSfix.zip - Flash, then use SGS to delete gps data.

You say to use SGS to delete GPS data - could you elaborate on that? I'm still fairly new to this ball game

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
I've tried most every GPS fix since launch day and this is the only one to fix my track drifts. Real test, as I've learned, is whether this will hold up over several days and reboots.
Pretty much gave up on the GPS and this might finally be my fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread.GPS.zip
    This is a flash for the GPS files pulled from the new XWJV1 Gingerbread I9000 Leak.
    Rather a mix of GB GPS and Vibrant GPS.

Wipes Dalvik so it will take a minute longer to reboot after flashing it.

This took a little longer for me to lock indoors but I was still able to get 6 meters accuracy with 6 of 12 birds locked.

S.gps.zip
    AKA Super GPS
    This is the one you want to try!
    Flash on 2.2.1 and under.

Great success has been had when combining this software fix with the hardware fix found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=878970

As I said, this requires init.d support.
    It will set the gps parameters at boot.
    Optimized for North America but will work for all.
    Use sgs tools to clear your gps settings then flash this.
    Allow a moment to start locking in sgs tools.
    Allow a little longer than sgs tools if you go straight to maps instead.

File structure appears very similar to s.gps but this is a brand new setup.
    Can someone advise me how to clear my gps settings using sgs tools?

Thank you

Go to secret codes, then click GPS Tests and settings, then delete GPS Data.
    Tried to flash on cm7 and it said amended scripting no longer supported in gingerbread recovery or something like that. What a tease!

Sent from my Vibrant using Tapatalk

You will have to push the files then because cm7 is going to want this in the form of an updater_script
    Hey bro, thanks for this. I'm going to stuff this in a rom right now and test.