[EXT3] ARCDroid V5 [TIMESCAPE + WIDGETS] [20/2/12]

Search This thread

go_insane1981

Mar 28, 2012
Hello jerrytan93 !! frist of all thanks for your great job !! Its amazing to make this possible on a WinMo native device ;-)

But i have a little problem with your builds =( I made the EXT3 partitions I named them like its explained on the first topic.

All seems fine except that the phone hang on the start-up animation , the animation plays and plays ,stops sometimes and resume after a few seconds and I'm waiting for 15 min (at the time of writing)

Anyway there is a file I can modify for your build to install on my phone ?

I'm so frustrated cause I wanted to test your builds but sencedroid have the same bug for me, so i'm stuck...Please help !! =D

PS/ Sorry for my english I hope that I was understandable enough lol

You tried to make ext 2 partitions? I have the same and made ext2 partitions and now it works, got the opposite with zeamdroid, need to run it with ext3 partitions.

@skas_2002

Depends on the kernel how batterylife is, can use Icedroid for 20h w/o wifi or data on and 6 to 8h with data on. ArcDroid i can use for 10h with data on and is as fast as IceDroid in my opinion.

Sent from my Xperia X1 using XDA

Last edited:

Serbubu

Mar 13, 2010
Hey, i just installed the arcdroid and i try to install gaaps i put the 2 folders in sdcard and when i try to install i got "application not installed" message and also i dont have market icon in menu. thanks ..

mrconfius

Oct 30, 2010
Kota Bharu
font mirror when install application like operamini

first of all ur rom was great n im glad to be used it....
but i hve some problem here....when i install application like opmin, ucweb the font juz turn back like mirror...like this "inim arepo"

anyway to solve it...

aloysius987

Feb 3, 2011
Cos certain gapps too old.

the thing is playstore replaces market. if tat appears then nothing is wrong. dont try to prevent market from updating since its going to update to google play store.

Last edited:

Presko

Jun 27, 2009
Rousse / Русе
is there a way this to be instaled as a nand rom ?
sorry for my noob question but i think that if there is a easy way to be installed as a nand will have a better battery life and overall experience

kainjinez

Jul 23, 2011
Thai Binh City
Hi Dev. jerrytan.
I'm using Windows Mobile 6.1 (Stock ROM - Stock SPL...)
I've downloaded this rom, copied it to EXT3. But when i choose zip and flash it, it freeze at flash screen (sometime in logo with text).
I tried about 10times but it nothing changed.
Please help. Thanks

kainjinez

Jul 23, 2011
Thai Binh City
jerrytan93 left development a long time ago and EXT3 ROMs are now somewhat unsupported. When you flash the ROM, what did it display in recovery? What exactly did you do?

Thanks for your reply!
According below, i use stock rom, stock spl, run HaRET.exe (include in 7z file). It booted in black screen with so much white lines. After that, it showed only line contain "Recovery...", i pressed VOL DOWN.
It booted in CWM Recovery by Neopeek.
Choose zip and install. When it started show a symbol cycle (or sth like that), it stuck at that screen.
I dont know why, plz help

wpmosc

Jan 9, 2008
Just running it since yesterday, as dual Boot with Winmo 6.5, everything seems fine, except the Camera, can anybody confirm a working Camera ?

Regards
wpmosc

Pugy365

May 19, 2022
Bump, anyone with a working link for these. Sad to see all this hard work just disapear. I recently purchased a Sony Xperia X1 and am trying to find a good rom to install on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php
    picture.php

Hey guys, I'm proud to present to you all my second custom Android build, I call it ARCDroid.

This build is based on my first Android build SenseDroid, and heavily themed by me to make it Xperia Arc-like style.

*What's in the build:

-TimeScape
    - Track ID
    - Wifi Tether
    - FULL Arabic support
    - Xperia Arc-like theme
    - Xperia Arc style lock screen
    - Xperia Arc Widgets and stuff
    - All the features that have in SenseDroid

*For your information:

- Youtube can only play non-HQ video
    - System will be slower when first time boot into Android:
    - Open all apps, then reboot your phone
    - TimeScape widget is working, BUT the TimeScape app in app drawer is not working. However you still can connect Timescape with Facebook and Twitter
    - I will using EXT3 system starting from V5

*Important:

- First time boot into Android, go to 'Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > uncheck Data Enabled'. VERY IMPORTANT
    - DO NOT install GAPPS directly after finish installing the build or else you will get a serious problem
    - NEVER try to sync your phone with Google before installing GAPPS or else you will get serious problem
    - Wifi have to switch on before booting Android or else you will get error message
    - Silent the phone before booting Android so that you will have sound in Android
    - Charge your phone before booting Android so that you can charge your phone in Android
    - Go to Setting > Location & Security > Check 'Use wireless networks' so that you can use your GPS
    - Do not use 'Infinite mode' and Timescape in app drawer because they will force close.

-Wifi Tether:
    1. Launch Wifi-Tether
    2. Go to "Settings".
    3. Then go to "Change Device-Profile" and choose HTC Desire (GSM) and start tethering.
    4. Without stop tethering go again to "Settings> Change Device-Profile> and choose HTC Dream.
    5. Now stop tethering and start again.
    If Wifi Tether not working, use File Manager and go to /system/apps/choose 'Wifi_Tether' and reinstall again

- Market Problem (' Apps not compatible'):

- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > 'Clear Data' and then 'Uninstall updates'

- To disable Market Updater so that the Market will not updating itself to the latest version (buggy version):

---> Download Terminal Emulator in the Market
    ---> Type the following command in the terminal emulator:
    ---> su *PRESS ENTER*
    ---> pm disable com.android.vending.updater *PRESS ENTER AGAIN*

- Hardware key doesnt light up:
    ---> Go to brightness control, select other brightness value, then the light will turn on

- 3G function for some users:
    ---> Go to Settings > wireless networks > mobile network > APN
    ---> If there is nothing in APN then you have to set your own APN---> Press 'Menu' button then add new.

*Installing Instructions:

1. Format SDcard To 4 Partitions :
    - 1st partition: FAT32 (SDcard / Rest)
    - 2nd partition: EXT3 (System / about 150 MB )
    - 3rd partition: EXT3 (Data / about 250 MB)
    - 4th partition: EXT3 (Cache / about 100 MB)

* Make sure all partitions are set to PRIMARY

2. Extract the Package then copy [npkboot] folder to root of SDcard

3. Copy [ARCDroid V5.zip] to root of SDcard without extraction

4. Run Haret and wait until the screen show 'Press Volume Down shortly To Launch ClockworkMod Recovery', press Volume Down button

5. While In Recovery menu, choose " install zip from SD card >> choose zip from sdcard >> select ARCDroid V5.zip'

6. After finish installing the build, return to main menu >> Reboot phone

7. Run Haret, this time let the phone boot into Android completely. After that, reboot your phone

8. Run Haret, go into CWM Recovery, choose " install zip from SD card >> choose zip from sdcard >> select 'ARCDroid GAPPS.zip'

9. After finish install, reboot phone

10. Run HARET and leave it to continue booting into Android, you are done

*Huge Thanks to:

- Needo
    - Midnight
    - Neopeek
    - myth999
    - XDAndroid
    - Russell.Eclair for making those beautiful banner
    - Myself :p

*WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU APPRECIATE MY WORK:

- CLICK the Thanks Button

- RATE THIS BUILD

- Use my banner on top of the post to become your avatar

- BUY ME A COFFEE

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid V5 (EXT3) HERE

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid V5 (EXT3) FROM FTP SERVER

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid GAPPS

Screenshot:

snap20111008_214906.jpg snap20111008_211215.png snap20111004_203135.jpg snap20111004_184112.jpg snap20111004_184019.jpg snap20111010_210947.jpg snap20111010_211102.jpg snap20111010_211342.jpg
    Change log and Update:

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid GAPPS WITH NEW MARKET HERE >> View attachment 809767

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid GAPPS WITH OLD MARKET HERE >> View attachment 809769

Change log and Update:

9/12/11
    ARCDroid V5:
    1. Using EXT3 system and Midnight's latest kernel
    2. Removed Wifi Tether (You can install it separately)
    3. Added Tiny Call Confirm (Solve answering call problem)
    4. Updated Superuser
    5. Fully working Track ID
    6. Tweaked launcher speed

24/10/11
    ARCDroid V4:
    1. FULLY zipalligned
    2. Improved overall speed
    3. Added wireless tether function
    4. Improved home screen smoothness

12/10/11
    ARCDroid V3:
    1. New Gallery interface
    2. Lots of working widgets from REAL Xperia Arc
    3. Changed package kernel to XDAndroid kernel, no more key freeze and charging problem

9/10/11
    ARCDroid V2:
    1. Working Timescape !!

5/10/11
    ARCDroid V1 released
    ARCDroid V4 FINAL

Testing ARCDroid V4 by my own now. Much more faster home screen this time + FULLY zipalligned + latest busybox installed. Once the Timescape background colour was solved I will release the FINAL version to you all. STAY TUNED! :D

Hit the Thanks button if you will give V4 a try. :D

24/10/11

ARCDroid V4 FINAL released
    :D
    You can install it directly, however full wipe was always encouraged. ;)
    ARCDroid V3 will be released in this 24 hours, with lots more Xperia stuff this time, stay tuned. ;)

View more screen shots in the first post