Search This thread

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa
Reactions: kered424

kered424

Jan 14, 2012
Cool, its really effective isn't it :D

No problem, I will hook you up tomorrow with a zip.(its late here lol) Send me the boot sound you want so I cam put it in the zip for you :)

Sent from my Revolutionary Amaze 4g! oh yea, with the XDA app

It's nothing special, just the default android_audio.mp3
It should be in the zip file attached.

Also, would you mind walking me through the process so I can do it myself in the future?

Attachments

• android_audio.zip
    62.3 KB · Views: 22

eioous

Oct 8, 2010
Fort Worth
tweetscene.wordpress.com
Added a new bootanimation to the OP. Its like the original but not. :D

qhdfastbootup30.png

kristy74134

May 30, 2008
Tulsa
Hi - I tried placing the zip file where you instructed, but I keep getting a 'read only' error. I am on rooted stock ICS. Please tell me what I may be doing wrong. Thanks!

Reactions: eioous

eioous

Oct 8, 2010
Fort Worth
tweetscene.wordpress.com
Hi - I tried placing the zip file where you instructed, but I keep getting a 'read only' error. I am on rooted stock ICS. Please tell me what I may be doing wrong. Thanks!

You need to use Root Explorer or some other app like that where you can mount from read-only to read-write. If it is not in read-write, then you will get that error and not be able to move the file to the correct place

it is current mounted in read-write(r/w) but there is an option to "mount in read-only(r/o)"
20120429161445.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kristy74134

kristy74134

May 30, 2008
Tulsa
You need to use Root Explorer or some other app like that where you can mount from read-only to read-write. If it is not in read-write, then you will get that error and not be able to move the file to the correct place

it is current mounted in read-write(r/w) but there is an option to "mount in read-only(r/o)"
20120429161445.png

Ahhh.... You rock!! Thanks so much . Love it!!

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
You do not flash the splash through recovery.
To flash the splash use this: SUPER EASY DnD flash splash screen ,it is fairly simple to use.

I dunno... If it requires a computer id rather just fastboot flash it ("fastboot flash splash ______.png" no?). I can see how that would work well for anyone not familiar with the fastboot command or anyone not wanting to use fastboot for any reason though

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

eioous

Oct 8, 2010
Fort Worth
tweetscene.wordpress.com
I dunno... If it requires a computer id rather just fastboot flash it ("fastboot flash splash ______.png" no?). I can see how that would work well for anyone not familiar with the fastboot command or anyone not wanting to use fastboot for any reason though

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

That works just as good too, but for those not too familiar with fastboot this is a fairly simple alternative.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
Can some one help me out here, I have been trying to change my boot and down animations, I am on stock ICS, have removed all the stock animations and sounds and replaced with the nexus prime boot and down animations, fixed perms to rw-r--r--, but as soon as I reboot all I see is a black screen with glowing android text. I have done this before many times prior to ICS and it worked just fine.
So I don,t understand what I am missing. I even tried putting the boot animation in data/local but still nothing. I have extracted some ROM's and checked where their animations are and double checked the perms and my set up is the same. I don't get what the heck I'm missing it's driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

kered424

Jan 14, 2012
Can some one help me out here, I have been trying to change my boot and down animations, I am on stock ICS, have removed all the stock animations and sounds and replaced with the nexus prime boot and down animations, fixed perms to rw-r--r--, but as soon as I reboot all I see is a black screen with glowing android text. I have done this before many times prior to ICS and it worked just fine.
So I don,t understand what I am missing. I even tried putting the boot animation in data/local but still nothing. I have extracted some ROM's and checked where their animations are and double checked the perms and my set up is the same. I don't get what the heck I'm missing it's driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Did you replace the default boot animation or the Tmous boot animation?

Sent from my amazing Amaze

kered424

Jan 14, 2012
I completely removed the TMOUS animations because I noticed in all custom ROM's those were gone, and I added the nexus prime boot and down animations.

I replaced my TMOUS animations (without deleting them) and that worked for me.
Try renaming them to TMOUS_bootanimation.zip and TMOUS_downanimation.zip and putting those files in system/customize/resource.

Reactions: eioous

Top Liked Posts