Wifi Tether Fully Working COnfirmed!

Search This thread

joselarajan87

May 30, 2010
Norwalk ca
NOTE: IF YOU STILL GETTING THE MSG ABOUT THE TMOBILE OFFER OF 14.99 THE SOLUTION IS:

SOLITION #1: IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME AND STILL WANT TO USE GOOGLE CHROME AS YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE USER AGENT. TO DO SO YOU OPEN GOOGLE CHROME CLICK ON MENU THEN TOOLS, THEN DEVELOPER TOOLS, THE A WINDOW ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IS GOING TO PUP UP THEN CLICK ON SETTINGS (THERE IS A SETTING BUTTOM ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM) THEN YOU ARE GOING TO SEE 3 TABS: GENERAL -OVERRIDES-SHORTCUTS, CLICK ON OVERRIDES THEN YOU CLICK ON USER AGENT AND CHANGE THE USER AGENT TO ANYTHING THATS IT!

SOLUTION # 2 :GO TO WWW.APPLE.COM AND DOWNLOAD SAFARI BROWSER SIMPLE AND USE IT! THATS IT!!
ALSO IF YOU DONT LIKE SAFARI BROWSER YOU CAN ALWAYS DOWNLOAD FIREFOX BROWSER!!

1ST - ROOT YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!
2ND-DOWNLOAD THIS APK FROM THE MARKET OR FROM HERE http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ VERSION 3.1 BETA14
3RD-INSTALL IT ON YOUR PHONE
4TH- OPEN THE APP HIT MENU-SETTINGS- CHANGE DEVICE PROFILE AND SET YOUR PHONE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS (CDMA/LTE). NOW GO BACK AND START TETHERING!!!! THATS IT SIMPLE WORKS GREAT AND FAST!! CONECTS ANY DEVICE FAST!!

NOTE:

NOTE:IF YOU GUYS UPDATED YOUR PHONE NOW PUT THE PROFILE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS GSM INSTEAD OF THE CDMA/LTE !!!!

Attachments

• wifi_tether_v3_1-beta14.apk
    382 KB · Views: 1,389
Last edited:

cr6

Sep 27, 2010
Does this only work on the t mobile version our will it work on Verizons as well?
Thanks!

tap'n

jawang26

Dec 18, 2010
Just fyi.. Someone else on another thread and now me got a push msg from using Wifi Tether.. Pretty much says stop or they'll block tethering.. I've only been using it for about 2 days b4 I got the msg

Anyone else get it or have a work around?

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
Are you using the stock app or wifi tether? I thought wifi tether is supposed to avoid tmo knowing that you are tethering.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

joselarajan87

May 30, 2010
Norwalk ca
Just fyi.. Someone else on another thread and now me got a push msg from using Wifi Tether.. Pretty much says stop or they'll block tethering.. I've only been using it for about 2 days b4 I got the msg

try using a different browser on your pc.. that happens to me on time but with a galazy s2 and it was because i was using google chrome, so i swithc to a different browser and problem solved!!!! JUST FYI

cr6

Sep 27, 2010
That's interesting. I've been using Wi-Fi tether for over a year now, originally on my fascinate and most recently on my S3 without any problems. (My carrier is Verizon....my data usage is between 8-12gb a month.. .sometimes more) I think I'll just stick with that as opposed to the method posted in the OP.

tap'n

kwilsonjr

Apr 26, 2008
I just got wifi tether for root working on mine. I used the Nexus GSM profile. One thing i noticed is wpa password won't let you use anything but letters and numbers. that blows. I normally use periods and other special characters.

I got OUTRAGEOUS tether speeds. well, best I've seen in awhile anyway

222624188.png

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

I keep getting redirected to tmobile sign up, page..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

did you try typing another address in the address bar of a new tab? I thought mine was a fail too when it went straight to that page. I opened a new tab, typed in google and it came right up. went into settings and made that my home page. no prob.

lazi punk

Oct 17, 2010
I just got wifi tether for root working on mine. I used the Nexus GSM profile. One thing i noticed is wpa password won't let you use anything but letters and numbers. that blows. I normally use periods and other special characters.

I got OUTRAGEOUS tether speeds. well, best I've seen in awhile anyway

222624188.png

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

did you try typing another address in the address bar of a new tab? I thought mine was a fail too when it went straight to that page. I opened a new tab, typed in google and it came right up. went into settings and made that my home page. no prob.

is there a difference for nexus GMS or CDM/LTE?

thanks

eggnoodle

Nov 17, 2010
Boston
a bit confused with the app...i turn it on then it switches me to 4g/E mode while i'm already on wifi.
if someone don't mind explaining what i'm doing wrong.
thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

jawang26

Dec 18, 2010
a bit confused with the app...i turn it on then it switches me to 4g/E mode while i'm already on wifi.
if someone don't mind explaining what i'm doing wrong.
thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Uhh not sure what you mean

Wifi tether is when your on a mobile data connection (4g/Edge) and you don't have Wifi...you turn it on and it acts as a router or hotspot and lets your laptop connect to it.

If your in an area with Wifi that you can connect to you don't need to use the app. The apps pretty much only for when your in a location w/o wifi.

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
Thanks man it works great, I was getting errors at first but after switching to the galaxy nexus gsm profile everything was all good :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: IF YOU STILL GETTING THE MSG ABOUT THE TMOBILE OFFER OF 14.99 THE SOLUTION IS:

SOLITION #1: IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME AND STILL WANT TO USE GOOGLE CHROME AS YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE USER AGENT. TO DO SO YOU OPEN GOOGLE CHROME CLICK ON MENU THEN TOOLS, THEN DEVELOPER TOOLS, THE A WINDOW ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IS GOING TO PUP UP THEN CLICK ON SETTINGS (THERE IS A SETTING BUTTOM ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM) THEN YOU ARE GOING TO SEE 3 TABS: GENERAL -OVERRIDES-SHORTCUTS, CLICK ON OVERRIDES THEN YOU CLICK ON USER AGENT AND CHANGE THE USER AGENT TO ANYTHING THATS IT!

SOLUTION # 2 :GO TO WWW.APPLE.COM AND DOWNLOAD SAFARI BROWSER SIMPLE AND USE IT! THATS IT!!

2ND-DOWNLOAD THIS APK FROM THE MARKET OR FROM HERE http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ VERSION 3.1 BETA14
    4TH- OPEN THE APP HIT MENU-SETTINGS- CHANGE DEVICE PROFILE AND SET YOUR PHONE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS (CDMA/LTE). NOW GO BACK AND START TETHERING!!!! THATS IT SIMPLE WORKS GREAT AND FAST!! CONECTS ANY DEVICE FAST!!

NOTE:

NOTE:IF YOU GUYS UPDATED YOUR PHONE NOW PUT THE PROFILE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS GSM INSTEAD OF THE CDMA/LTE !!!!

try using a different browser on your pc.. that happens to me on time but with a galazy s2 and it was because i was using google chrome, so i swithc to a different browser and problem solved!!!! JUST FYI
    Does this only work on the t mobile version our will it work on Verizons as well?
    Thanks!

tap'n

so far i know this method works on sprint and tmobile.. havent tried verizon or att yet
    So wifi has been disabled in jb?

NOTE:

Works perfectly bro :D