Votes: 14 11.6%
  • I use it for text messages

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bman12479

Jul 12, 2010
Re: [APP][4.0+] AudioBT: Use Bluetooth incoming call for GPS audio

I am running jelly bean 4.1 and sometimes the app doesn't work when I activate it (I know it's working because my car radio will briefly pause and if that doesn't happen than I know it's not) so I either have to reboot the phone or tonight I went into the task manager and created data on the app and that seemed to work too. But of course it would be nice for it to work all the time but thanks for the feedback and great work!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

bman12479

Jul 12, 2010

Correction in that meant cleared data not created...darn touch screens lol

TurboLed

Mar 2, 2012
Correction in that meant cleared data not created...darn touch screens lol

Does it happen after receiving a phone call over Bluetooth?
Can you provide a logcat of when it doesn't work ?
Also can you clarify how you are using the application. What is your navigation app? Are you using the AudioBT+ TTS engine or not? Remember if your app uses the TTS engine you should not turn on the AutioBT service.

Thanks

Last edited:

bman12479

Jul 12, 2010

I am using Google maps while my dice mediabridge is in Sirius satellite mode I have my phone set to the default Google TTS and yes I think it does stop functioning after a call and when I did switch to the AudioBT plus TTS the audio worked but than I turned it off and back on and it was all static so I have been using the default Google one instead it seems to work better for my phone

bazekun

Jan 29, 2006
Hi,

I have tried your app in my nexus 4 and i can't find an option for Spanish in the AudioBT TTS. Anyway the app is working but when i use google navigation i get two voices simultaneously. One goes with the route and the other gives all the directions at the beginning one after another.

Let me know if i can help you anyway testing your app.

TurboLed

Mar 2, 2012
Hi,

I have tried your app in my nexus 4 and i can't find an option for Spanish in the AudioBT TTS. Anyway the app is working but when i use google navigation i get two voices simultaneously. One goes with the route and the other gives all the directions at the beginning one after another.

Let me know if i can help you anyway testing your app.

Hi jlguerrer

Regarding Google Nav, it uses the TTS engine in an unusual way which is not compatible with AudioBT TTS. I suggest you use your regular TTS engine (turn of the AudioBT TTS engine) and leave the AudioBT service running in background.

As for the Spanish language, I'm currently using a pre-defined standard list of common languages from the Android SDK:
http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Locale.html#CANADA
Spanish is not part of that list. I believe I should improve that in the next release.

nroets1

Jan 25, 2012
Good idea!

Hi

First I would like to say thanks for this app.

I've tried it (paid one) on JB 4.1.2 (Galaxy S3) an it does not send audio to headset. The AudioBT+ TTS and Enhanced TTS cannot be used in Tasker. It complains about missing data.

I would really like this app to work!

Thanks again.

TurboLed

Mar 2, 2012
Hi

First I would like to say thanks for this app.

I've tried it (paid one) on JB 4.1.2 (Galaxy S3) an it does not send audio to headset. The AudioBT+ TTS and Enhanced TTS cannot be used in Tasker. It complains about missing data.

I would really like this app to work!

Thanks again.

Hi
Sorry to hear that. I had no problem running it on Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus so far... What application are you trying it with? Did the Audio Test work?

TurboLed

Mar 2, 2012
hi turboled can u explain how to set it up to run with sygic please?

Hi
-In your phone settings, make sure your default TTS engine is AudioBT+ TTS.
-In Sygic, Settings->Regional, you have to select one of the voices ending with (Android), like TTS English (Android). That will make Sygic use the Android TTS engine instead of the internal Sygic engine. If you have installed extra TTS voices, you may have to uninstall them.

nyda83

Jun 8, 2011
Hi
-In your phone settings, make sure your default TTS engine is AudioBT+ TTS.
-In Sygic, Settings->Regional, you have to select one of the voices ending with (Android), like TTS English (Android). That will make Sygic use the Android TTS engine instead of the internal Sygic engine. If you have installed extra TTS voices, you may have to uninstall them.

Here is the problem, I have removed every tts voices from my sygic but I can't see any android voice:crying:...

Jaime360

May 30, 2009
Hi! I´ve bought your app. I have a galaxy note and i want to use your app to be able to hear sygic through the speakers of my car using parrot ck3000. I´ve tried using both methods (normal and tts) but it doesn´t work for me. When pressing the audio test on it does sound through the car speakers, but then when I use sygic it doesn´t work. I will apreciate your help.

Thank you very much

Im using latest sygic version (13.1.4).

Jaime360

May 30, 2009
I think I've found the problem. It is not possible to select any of the android tts voices in the latest version of sygic (13.1.4). Is there a way to use them so your app works?

Thank you

badubo

Jun 24, 2008
I think I've found the problem. It is not possible to select any of the android tts voices in the latest version of sygic (13.1.4). Is there a way to use them so your app works?

Thank you

Hi,
Just my 2 cents, it's probably because sygic (and tasker, by the way) are looking for the CheckVoiceData activity in the service and doesn't get a proper value?

For Tasker, you can use audioBT as a TTS but you need to write the service name by yourself in the Engine:Voice field of the say task : com.turboled.audiobtplus:fra (for french).

And there is where I get my problem :
I can send tts output from tasker to my sco bluetooth device. But due to the time of initialisation, I don't hear the start of messages.
So, I installed Enhanced TTS and configured the TTS engines like this :

AudioBT+ TTS-->EnhancedTTS-->Acapela TTS (pico has the same behaviour )

I add a 2 sec delay, so, that I can now hear the start of the message but... Not the end :(. And more problematic, the connection with the bluetooth is not released (I have to hang out manually my free handset)

Any idea?

Thanks for this wonderfull application

Last edited:

badubo

Jun 24, 2008
ok, I was lucky with my previous tests.
In fact, I have the same behaviour with audioBT+TTS. Seems that the component crash with tasker.
I don't know if there is a way to sen debug log for helping?

thanks

TurboLed

Mar 2, 2012
ok, I was lucky with my previous tests.
In fact, I have the same behaviour with audioBT+TTS. Seems that the component crash with tasker.
I don't know if there is a way to sen debug log for helping?

thanks

Could you attach a logcat ? For that you have to run logcat in a terminal or with ADB from your PC (adb logcat)

enotime

Jul 9, 2008
Hey TurboLed,

Great and much needed app!

I'm stuck! Is there any way to stop the AudioBT service via Tasker?

I tried Killing the app, but the service simply restarts. I'd like AudioBT Plus to START whenever Bluetooth connects (works fine via Tasker!) and STOP whenever Bluetooth disconnects.

Maybe a Tasker plugin?

Thanks In Advance

TurboLed

Mar 2, 2012
I'm stuck! Is there any way to stop the AudioBT service via Tasker?

Yes. The intents for use with Tasker are listed on the first page of this thread. com.turboled.audiobtplus.ON and com.turboled.audiobtplus.OFF are what you need. I also made an updated version last week that prevents the service to restart on its own.

Cheers

Reactions: enotime

shamster01

May 15, 2013
Hi there and thanks for such a useful app! Loving it so far but the only issue I have is that the audio commands (over bt) comes across crackly and not very clear. I've used the enhanced tts well as the default with the same result.

Sorry I should clarify my setup :

S4 stock rom (unrooted)
Google navigation commands
AudioBT plus

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

I've created a small app that automatically switch your device into Bluetooth call mode when an app is playing an audio or when your GPS is giving directions. The benefit is that it will cut what you're currently listening from your car audio system to play the incoming call audio and go back to your current listening on your CD, MP3, FM radio, etc.

There are two ways of using AudioBT.

-One is a background service that monitors the audio focus and turn on the Bluetooth SCO proile when another app is temporarily requesting the audio focus. Unfortunately the first second of the audio might be cut when using this service (to be fixed with upcoming Xposed hook). Some applications do not request the audio focus properly so this might not always work.

-The other approach is an integrated TTS engine. Any app using tne Android TTS service can use the AudioBT TTS service for sending text to speech. AudioBT will automatically turn on the Bluetooth SCO profile before playing the text. Any TTS service or language can be selected in the AudioBT TTS parameters.

It is still experimental and user's feedback is appreciated.

Thank you!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS50dXJib2xlZC5hdWRpb2J0Il0

Service intents (for use with Tasker)

com.turboled.audiobtplus.ON : Cat = Default, Target = Service. Turns ON the AudioBT Plus service.
    com.turboled.audiobtplus.OFF: Cat = Default, Target = Service. Turns OFF the AudioBT Plus service.
    com.turboled.audiobtplus.SCO_ENABLE : Cat = Default, Target = Service. Enables Bluetooth SCO channel audio.
    com.turboled.audiobtplus.SCO_DISABLE : Cat = Default, Target = Service. Disables Bluetooth SCO channel audio.
    com.turboled.audiobtplus.PLAY : Cat = Default, Mime Type = audio/*, Data = file uri (file:///*), Target = Service. Plays an audio file through the bluetooth channel. No need to call SCO_ENABLE or SCO_DISABLE. Specify file name in Data.

To play notifications through Bluetooth with Tasker, create a new task with the following steps:
    -Say to file (Misc), text = %NTITLE, file = /sdcard/Download/1.wav. Use standard TTS engine (Pico, Google, SVox, etc...), EnhancedTTS or AudioBT+ TTS are not supported.
    -Send an intent (Misc), action = com.turboled.audiobtplus.PLAY, cat = Default, Mime type = audio/*, Data = file:///sdcard/download/1.wav, Target = Service.

Add a new profile with Event -> UI -> Notification and link with the task created above.

Add the task to any profile triggered on Notification *,*. Make sure Tasker is enabled in your Accessibility parameters.
    I'm sorry people. I have a full-time job and I haven't spent much time on the app lately. I'm still planning to find a fix for the phone call issues this summer.
    Please note that any buyer can email me their transaction ID and I will issue a refund right away if not satisfied.
    Thanks for your patience.

Well, it was right there on the Google Play image... I added an hyperlink below.
    Hi @TurboLed,

Is it possible to make audiobt only push to the Bluetooth certain apps only? It messes with my wear device's voice recognition.

I would like it to only push waze's commands, not other things like the phone beep sound when plugging the charger in, for example.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-F460S
    I thought these audio sources were different and thus, not mutually exclusive.
    The real problem is that Android has only one audio focus which is like a token that allows one and only one app to have at once. It is recommended for app developers to request the audio focus before playing sound or music to prevent having 2 apps playing at the same time. That's how the music pauses when you have a notifications for example.
    But you might find a streaming app that doesn't take the audio focus and it would probably work altough you might be hearing 2 sounds at the same time at some point.

TurboLed, would you mind giving an answer to me as well ? I really would appreciate it very much !

I didn't answer because I have no clue about what's causing your issues. The service should always stays on unless you turn it off manually. And since there's no crash I don't know what to look for...