[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Search This thread

demmo86rt

Sep 26, 2010
Brentwood, CA
Some music3 weirdness. I have a song from a Walmart compilation, as in custom CD. When it looked for the album art, somehow it found some. The weird thing is, it is a picture of a cake. This particular cake happens to also be used on the cover of a book called "Cake Wrecks : When proffesional cakes go hilariously wrong." What? I ... um ...

Sent from my GSBv1.7-ERIS using XDA App

I got weird cover art a lot with that app, one of the things I didn't like about it.

macman159

Jul 27, 2008
I was replying to someone a few pages back. smarta$$.

Last edited:

Super_Dork_42

I got weird cover art a lot with that app, one of the things I didn't like about it.

That was the only weird one. I thought it was hilarious.
Long press the album and it gives you more album art choices.

Search the market for "CUBED" as in ^3 for the latest update v.1.0.87 the dev's name is Filipe Abrantes

Thanks. I didn't know that. I'll still leave it what it is because it amuses me. The cake says :
"Best Wishes Susanne
Under Neat That
We will Miss you."
Lol.

WhistlingDog

Dec 21, 2010
I don't think it's a full moon but...

Hmm.... Anybody else notice that the mood's gotten a bit snarky on this thread over the past day or two? Not exactly sure why. This is a great ROM and the group here has helped track down a number of teething issues. It's great being practically the only folks on the street running gingerbread. Does this always happen when a thread gets this long?

labnjab

May 11, 2010
NH
@ ppl getting really good battery life 30+ hrs are there any tricks youd be willing to share? :)

Sent from my GSBv1.7-ERIS using Tapatalk

computerfreek

Feb 1, 2010
www.nhscan.com
Does this always happen when a thread gets this long?

I think where ready for a new NIGHTLY Build. That will bring the mood back up. There seems to be a lot of junk on the last 4 or 5 pages . It maybe ROM withdrawal !

Shed have you viewed anything more about the rtsp streams with AAC audio . look at the last few post on the google code page about it it seems that some devs are getting mad now . http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=13715
I was doing some reading on CM7's forums and it looks like that may have the fix befor google lol .

Thank you Workshed My phone just flys batt is great it just rocks. Just wish google or cm will fix the AAC so I can start watching my TV from my HAVA/monsoon box already. Next time I am geting a sningbox. lol

Thanks

lifyre

Mar 19, 2010
Detroit
Being beta doesn't make something bad, my desktop environment has been alpha testing since December 2000 (though I believe it just went beta) and it's a marvelous piece of software.

God forbid devs want to make sure something is fully usable before they call it stable.

If I might inquire what DE are you using?

dochill4u

Feb 10, 2011
Quick question, Does anyone have Smrtguard running on this ROM? I tried to activate it but keep getting a network error. I have tried on both wifi and data with same results, yet I have no problem getting on the web, downloading apps, receiving texts or email. Any suggestions?

WhistlingDog

Dec 21, 2010
@ ppl getting really good battery life 30+ hrs are there any tricks youd be willing to share? :)

I've gotten 30+ hrs with about 30% still remaining. No special tricks for me, just the usual ones: When I get home, I turn wifi on and when I go to bed I turn off both wifi and 3G off (no need for instant email notifications at night). I've also taken to keeping the display off auto and I keep it manually set to about 25-40%.

My phone and battery are about 1 yr old, btw. Hope it helps.

rougegoat

Jul 26, 2010
I believe the codename for the eris was "DesireC"

a tad confusing with the naming, but yeah... I think you'd just have a hunk of melted Eris even if it were possible to OC that high

Code name was just Desire. Also, that's where Droid Eris comes from.
Desire
De sirE
D. Eris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMOD 7.2 [Gingerbread 2.3.7] for the HTC Eris

Thanks to...

Conap - for being one of the best people I know on the internet, and a great Mentor. You're the best, man!
    Cyanogen & Team Douche - for all the hours of awesome work they do
    gnarlyc - for helping pin down the camera and gps issue
    The Hero Crowd - for doing awesome dev work that has helped us eris devs greatly
    bftb0 - for the Undead call Fix Script
    MOS95B - for the awesome file hosting server
    Tazz - for the tiny gapps package
    CondemnedSoul - for the qcom lib & Maps 5.2
    MongooseHelix - for deving and sharing with me, awesome guy.
    zach.xtr - for the great Cache2Cache Script
    sonnysekhon & boykioy - for the ICS theming
    HaRdC0r3 - for loads of tweaks
    Anyone that has donated! - I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

5.jpg
    6.jpg

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg

|| Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 - CyanogenMOD 7.2
    || Sync'd with CM7 source & compiled on 03-24-2012
    || Conap's Unreleased CFS Kernel clocked @ max:604mhz - min:245mhz Governor: ondemand (try smartass gov for better batt life)
    || Undead Call Fix by bftb0
    || GO-LauncherEX
    || Odexed!
    || Bootanimation Credit: Adam2010

As everyone should know...
    always nandroid backup before flashing anything...
    and know what you're doing...
    dev's are not responsible for your actions...

Instructions ...
    || Boot in recovery...
    || Do a full wipe of data+dalvik...
    || Flash GSB...
    || REBOOT...
    || let phone settle for a bit, come back and setup...

Yell out in joy, that our End of Life Eris has GB on it! :D

THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

WALLPAPER - should already be on your sdcard in GSB-Extras/wallpaper.

Please donate something if you like my efforts. I truly appreciate it!
    DONATE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can follow me on twitter @w0rkshed

SOURCE
    KERNEL
    FIXES/CHANGELOG

v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    v4.4 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to RC1
    • Chinese characters should be fixed
    • Cleaned up framework
    • Updated some apps
    v4.3 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to CM7.2.0-RC0
    • Recompiled CFS Kernel: added tun.ko & cifs.ko modules (both confirmed working)
    • Fixed Minimal Lockscreen Style
    • Quicker screen off animation (reboot phone after initial setup)
    • Overall smaller footprint
    v4.2 Fixes/Changes
    • No more LauncherPro: Until Fede updates LP, I am going with Go-launcher as stock. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone.
    • Theme packages are on sdcard in "GSB-Extras" you must install them and then apply them both (1 is for the t-mobile ThemeChooser and 1 is for go-launcher)
    • Added Maps 5.2 to ROM: UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK, you could lose Maps function with newer updates.
    • Hard themed the lockscreen to look ICS-ish. NOTE: Phone slide lock has a white circle around it, I know, but I kind of like it :)
    • All theme credits besides the lockscreen jog dials (me) go to sonnysekhon & boykioy
    • Turned down max cpu to 604 - removed hardcoded mem values and turned off compcache & jit since it was causing some problems. You can always re-enable them.
    • Removed: CMwallpapers, CM themes & Rom Manager
    • Added Honeycomb lockscreen clock font & ICS Roboto font
    v4.1 Fixes/Changes
    • out of RC phase
    • updated mainline to android 2.3.7
    • now set by default: compcache=18% Jit=On VM heap size=48m NOTE: you can turn these off in cyanogen mod settings if you experience slowdowns
    • rotation to landscape fixed: changed the libGLES_qcom in source to build working libGLES_android.so, thanks to CS for pointing it out in his fix.
    • yes, no ring lag script is still in there ;)
    v4.0 Fixes/Changes
    • Fixed built in CM screenshot (hold power key and select in menu)
    • Updated fingerprint to 2.3.5
    • Added the no_ring_lag script, thanks computerfreek and klobkelosh (EDIT: ODEX version doesn't have the no_ring_lag script, you can install it on your own and test if you'd like.)
    • Still have home screen redraws after reboot, that so called "fix" isn't working, just use Zeps V6 script - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
    • Here are all the official CM changes since GSB 3.8 - http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Archived Fixes/Changes
    Extra Downloads! - Provided by: MOS95b

These are all .apks and will need to go in system/app
    Use a file explorer with su permissions or adb
    Or just place them on your sdcard and press to install

Since I removed CM7 Themes: Androidian & Cyanbread
    I made flashable zip's so you can have them back if you want.

ROM Archives! - Provided by: MOS95b
    NOTE: No support for these, they're retired...
    v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

I love you all ;) thank you for so many fun times!
    I should be getting a rezound soon, right now I'm releasing for the tbolt still.

See you around?

-shed
    Wow, ok, so I got a TON of PM's ... I really had no idea so many people loved this ROM. I'm going to try and stick with you all for a bit longer and keep releasing updates, I'll see how it goes.

This is in response to all the PM's & comments lol ... made me feel bad ;)