Unresponsive after Liquid Spill

Search This thread

kcattakcaz

Nov 7, 2013
A few days ago, the world was a happy place. Then I slipped on a patch of ice and my head bounced like a basketball off the pavement. As painful as that was, the true pain was the sight of my new LG G2 fully submerged in ice cold water. Putting aside all other injuries, I rushed to turn off the G2 (still on), within 10 minutes I had it covered in silica gel packets, in which it remained for the next 30 hours. I then tried to power it on, without any response at all. I left it in some rice and silica gel packets for another 24 hours. Then I took it out and tried powering it on again, this time the Power LED comes on while it is pressed down, but it turns off after I let go. There is no other response. One of my 3rd party power adapters does have an LED illuminate after I connect the phone. My Surface does not detect any devices over USB when connected.

At this point I'm starting to think that my phone is toast, but I hope that some wizened old veteran of XDA may pull a solution out of their magic hat. Any takers? I've searched the forums and tried some of their advice (rice, hard reset, air drying).

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
If you have a warranty now would be the time to use it. Otherwise, you should keep up the long term drying for a while. Try turning on the phone and putting a flashlight up to it, it could be possible the backlight isn't functioning.

Reactions: kcattakcaz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have a warranty now would be the time to use it. Otherwise, you should keep up the long term drying for a while. Try turning on the phone and putting a flashlight up to it, it could be possible the backlight isn't functioning.