LG G3 with Snapdragon 805 for Global

Search This thread

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
It seems LG has decided to release LG G3 with snapdragon 805 for other markets from South Korea in Q4 of this year. Hope this news is real.

Source
http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-s...y-confirms-even-more-LG-G3-variations_id58571

The articel nowhere states, that the lg g3 with the 805 soc will be released outside of korea in q4, it just states that there will be more variations with the g3 "branding" in q4 and that lg wants to expand the availability of the g3 (without specifying any timeframe or variant ).

atistang

Feb 1, 2010
Would be my luck, just pulled the trigger on a g3 last night. I wouldn't be surprised if the very next day they announce a better version coming in a few months

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
The articel nowhere states, that the lg g3 with the 805 soc will be released outside of korea in q4, it just states that there will be more variations with the g3 "branding" in q4 and that lg wants to expand the availability of the g3 (without specifying any timeframe or variant ).

Agreed. The OP must not understand the basics of punctuation or sentence structure at all.. The only thing the article says about the G3 Cat 6 variant ( the one with the 805 processor) is that it has already been released......

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
You should know nexus never get newest hardware... ?

No, since LG became the Nexus line manufacturer Nexus phones always had latest hardware. Nexus 4 even was the first phone with latest S4 Pro at the moment, because the very first Optimus G at that time had being selling only in SK, and in US it had hit stores later than Nexus 4 hit Google Play. Same with N5, it got latest SD800. So Nexus 6 will got 810, unless of course Google won't give the Nexus brand to be manufactured by Lenovo. In that case Nexus will suuuuuuuuuuck

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No, since LG became the Nexus line manufacturer Nexus phones always had latest hardware. Nexus 4 even was the first phone with latest S4 Pro at the moment, because the very first Optimus G at that time had being selling only in SK, and in US it had hit stores later than Nexus 4 hit Google Play. Same with N5, it got latest SD800. So Nexus 6 will got 810, unless of course Google won't give the Nexus brand to be manufactured by Lenovo. In that case Nexus will suuuuuuuuuuck

810? no..805? yes..we will see upcoming devices with 810 and 64bit at the beginning of 015.. the nexus is a budget phone so it is not gonna be that great..the n5 was never that good..it has washed out colors..bad speakers..bad camera..awful battery life..no sd slot..it is possible that the n6 wont be as good as the other flagship i mean even htc decided to build their phones with a sd slot and u wont see that ever..in a nexus phone

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
810? no..805? yes..we will see upcoming devices with 810 and 64bit at the beginning of 015.. the nexus is a budget phone so it is not gonna be that great..the n5 was never that good..it has washed out colors..bad speakers..bad camera..awful battery life..no sd slot..it is possible that the n6 wont be as good as the other flagship i mean even htc decided to build their phones with a sd slot and u wont see that ever..in a nexus phone
You don't comprehend one thing, the upcoming Android L is 64bit OS and device it will see the light on must use 64bit SoC. So i can BET Nexus 6 will got 810 SD, it will hit shelves around late November-early December, the time first batches of 810 will leave factories. The first device with SD805 is SGS5 and it showed up mid-July, so half a year later is perfect time for the next SoC to arrive. And I'm pretty sure that LG by November will bring newer G Pro 3, to compete with Note 4, and G Pro 3 as well as Nexus 6 will be powered by 810 :)

The beginning of 2015 is the time when all other vendors at MWC'15 will show new line of '15yr flagships powered by new Android L 5.0 it is not the time when production of 810 start. The 810 will be ready around October I guess

Batfink33

You don't comprehend one thing, the upcoming Android L is 64bit OS and device it will see the light on must use 64bit SoC. So i can BET Nexus 6 will got 810 SD, it will hit shelves around late November-early December, the time first batches of 810 will leave factories. The first device with SD805 is SGS5 and it showed up mid-July, so half a year later is perfect time for the next SoC to arrive. And I'm pretty sure that LG by November will bring newer G Pro 3, to compete with Note 4, and G Pro 3 as well as Nexus 6 will be powered by 810 :)

The beginning of 2015 is the time when all other vendors at MWC'15 will show new line of '15yr flagships powered by new Android L 5.0 it is not the time when production of 810 start. The 810 will be ready around October I guess

There was rumours of the new 64bit octa core mediatek chip powering the Nexus 6. The chip is already released and giving circa 49000 Antutu scores.

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro

That may be true but the n5 can run android l and it doesn't support 64bit. Lets say they will launch the nexus 5 with sp 810 and 64bit, it is still going to have crappy speakers and battery life. Not only that, it will probably have a 5'2 screen, which is a lot smaller than the G3. If the nexus 6 happens to be better than the G3 than I will consider of getting one. I don't see any point in running 64bits yet either. Performance on 64 bits will be (slightly) worse for years to come, like it was worse for years on the pc

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011

The Optimus G came out first. The DNA also was released the same day, and that's not counting the fact that few people could get their hands on the Nexus 4 for a long time. The Nexus 4 also was inferior to the Optimus G (hardware wise) to keep the price low, which Google likes to do.

The original Nexus was the best for a tiny bit, but then the Incredible came out and was superior. Choosing the Nexus line tends to be choosing software and price over hardware.

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
The Optimus G came out first.
But it was only selling in SK first, in USA first was released N4 and then Optimus G. And Droid DNA is whole other story, it was first FullHD smartphone and was released lot later than OG

The Optimus G is a nice phone but we are still stuck on Jelly Bean 4.1.2

wut? R U kiddin me? International buyers of OG already have got 4.4.2 not to mention South Korean buyers OG which are on KK since April
That may be true but the n5 can run android l and it doesn't support 64bit. . I don't see any point in running 64bits yet either. Performance on 64 bits will be (slightly) worse for years to come, like it was worse for years on the pc

You're just totally mistaken, browsers will got a major speed boost from 64bit SoC. But it is offtopic and better be discussed in ontopic thread

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
But it was only selling in SK first, in USA first was released N4 and then Optimus G. And Droid DNA is whole other story, it was first FullHD smartphone and was released lot later than OG

No, Optimus G was released in the US first - AT&T version released November 2, Sprint released it November 11. The DNA and Nexus 4 were released November 13 of the same year.

Also, the fact that the Nexus 4 didn't have LTE made it inferior to a lot of other phones like the GS3 anyways. Doesn't matter how fast the cpu is if the Internet connection is slow, unless all you do is local gaming. It's like a laptop with a i7 and only a A/B/G wifi card, and no ethernet port.

Last edited:

Jubeldum

wut? R U kiddin me? International buyers of OG already have got 4.4.2 not to mention South Korean buyers OG which are on KK since April

Sprint and AT&T have forsaken us. Since Sprint is CDMA, AOSP roms are a pain because of PRL and data issues. I use a custom debloated rom called OpTimuS DE which has G2 launcher, dialer and keyboard. I hope we get KitKat soon so Lrod can cook up something nice.

Sent from my LS970 using my thumb

Last edited:

asialove2013

Sep 6, 2013
see LG F460L

It seems LG has decided to release LG G3 with snapdragon 805 for other markets from South Korea in Q4 of this year. Hope this news is real.

Source
http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-s...y-confirms-even-more-LG-G3-variations_id58571

attachment.php

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 441