[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

Search This thread

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Thank you all!

I'm now making my build. I don't even know what will be included in it.
It seems that the make procedure is running normally along with some warning.
Hope it will end up with a rom. Hope the disk is enough. After repo sync and install all tools needed, there is 9G left. I don't know if it's enough for making a build. Or I'll have to re-install ubuntu outside of win7 because install alongside win7 has a limit of 30G.

edit:it is still running. I'll have a rest.

Last edited:

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Thank you all!

I'm now making my build. I don't even know what will be included in it.
It seems that the make procedure is running normally along with some warning.
Hope it will end up with a rom. Hope the disk is enough. After repo sync and install all tools needed, there is 9G left. I don't know if it's enough for making a build. Or I'll have to re-install ubuntu outside of win7 because install alongside win7 has a limit of 30G.

edit:it is still running. I'll have a rest.

It may be a little close at 8G. My out directory for CM9 is 11G (but it could be a little larger than usual because the last one I tried was an odex build)

du -hs android/CM9/out
11G

You can probably work around this without reinstalling if you have access to a removable drive thats big enough. You can mount it and then run

export PRODUCT_OUT=/media/usbdrive
. build/envsetup.sh

And it should put the build in /media/usbdrive. (you probably need NTFS or ext partition type though--I'm not sure if the time resolution on FAT is adequate)

Last edited:
Reactions: telnet777

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Thank you,Mioze7Ae.

I've re-installed ubuntu outside of win7 to speed up disk access and avoid the limit of 30GB.

Now the disk size is not problem. I've allocate 51GB mount at /home,10GB mount at root directory, and 4GB for linux swap . And I found it is still very easy to access files under win7. Ubuntu has already mounted win7 patitions automaticly.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
mod sbf users you will have problems with this on your device I'm also going to down size of this system so it will work good on the mod sbf.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

Last edited:

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
MilestoneXT711 bootfix for MilestoneXT720 ROMs

Hi,fjfalcon and Mioze7Ae,

I've make a bootfix to port fjfalcon's MilestoneXT720 ROMs to MilestoneXT711.

Apply this bootfix after applying fjfalcon's ROM, then do 3 wipes and reboot system.

I've tested on my XT711 and it reboot normally!

I've put portlog.txt under /system. There are less changes about APKs under /system/app than I've ported. I think the bootfix needs some update when fjfalcon release his beta version rom. But it's very easy to do.

Thank you for reminding me to make a bootfix. This makes port more easier than before.
Thank you for instructions about build from source. I've learded much these days.
I'm now download ics source code again because I don't want to backup it. I'll try to build it without any changes.

At last, I've a question to ask.
Why "KANG" appears in fjfalcon's ROM's name? What does this word mean? Does it means "Third party"?

I've attached the bootfix.

Attachments

• update-MilestoneXT711-telnet777-bootfix-20120325.zip
    433.5 KB · Views: 939

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Yes, kang means third party modifications. The CyanogenMod team requests that unofficial ports and modifications are labeled this way.

Their perspective is that third-party ROMs should be marked clearly so that users don't first "blame" the core CyanogenMod project for problems in ROMs they're not responsible for. CyanogenMod allows us to use the name "CyanogenMod" under these terms.

Additionally, XDA requires that kang's are labeled.

Last edited:

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Yes, kang means third party modifications. The CyanogenMod team requests that unofficial ports and modifications are labeled this way.

Their perspective is that third-party ROMs should be marked clearly so that users don't first "blame" the core CyanogenMod project for problems in ROMs they're not responsible for. CyanogenMod allows us to use the name "CyanogenMod" under these terms.

I see. Thanks a lot.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati

Also I think it originated from a dude named Kang, not for sure though. I think he earned this notoriety from stealing ROM's lol

Kang - A term used for stealing others intellectual property and claiming it as your own. (ie. When a developer uses another developer's work, and then publishes the end product as their own.)

dateno1

Oct 15, 2010
i think

That's great! How do you solve this problem?
What's the difference between this one and the older one?
I've just port the older one to XT711. So I hope there is no need to do it again if there is no big difference. Can I patch it to solve the usb problem?
Thank you!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

c_urbanek, it's very easy if you put a rootexplorer.apk to /system/app in zip file before you flash it. I've attatched it.

you will need to delete 'root explorer.apk'

it illegal

he can extract apk from TB's tar on computer by winrar, 7z, etc

Last edited:

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Kang - A term used for stealing others intellectual property and claiming it as your own. (ie. When a developer uses another developer's work, and then publishes the end product as their own.)

Yeah, it's a little dissonant to call something a kang that is providing accurate credits. But that's what they want, apparently.

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
you will need to delete 'root explorer.apk'

it illegal

he can extract apk from TB's tar on computer by winrar, 7z, etc

Thanks.

Can you make it clear? This apk is used widely.
Do you have any candidate to replace it which can explore system,data, and may copy files from or to these directory?

tvktmgm

Dec 23, 2009
Hi fifalcon

Build 25/03 fix sensor MSXT720

* Left sensor test it right (reverse)
sendsor it right then left ..... fix Fifalcon senrsor cm9 back it is good for ....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links:
    build time: 16:55 16.07.2012
    Google apps

Description:
    This is build of cyanogenmod 9(ics) for milestone xt720.

What works and have been tested:
    Install
    Touchscreen.
    Phone
    Gallery
    SMS
    Gps
    Camera
    CamCorder
    HWA
    How to install:

There is no specific instructions, like any other mod.
    Root->Openrecovery->Install update-> 3 wipes -> install gapps.

Other Phones bootfix:
    lwxddlqkillapp's motoroi bootfix
    telnet777's xt711 bootfix

Biggest thanks go to Quarx, if not him - i won't do this.
    Also i wish to say big thanks to
    #milestone-modding@freenode
    #cyanogenmod-dev@freenode
    #motomagic@freenode
    People from this channels really very good devs. Thank you.
    Of cource thanks to CyanogenMod Developers team.
    Thanks to CyanogenDefy team(Epsylon3, maniac103, Quarx2k)
    Thanks to nadlabak.
    Thanks to our porting guys: j.y.daddy, lwxddg.
    Thanks to xvilka, Skrilax_CZ.
    Thanks to CyanogenModXT720 team: Mioze7ae, peshovec.
    Thanks to droid-developers.
    Thanks to telnet777 and lwxddlqkillapp
    And mchlbenner, thanks to you too ;)

Good luck
    ~_~ i'am also here.. and i wish to make new build.. )
    fjfalcon created branch jellybean at CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest just now
    :-[
    Ahhh I am really missing the development here, I used to really love trying out all the new progress we used to have every day and all the things going on and now it is all gone :-( Did we lose Mz for good now too? Its very sad but it was destined. I wonder how much I can sell my XT for now?

I'm still here. I'm slowly working on a cleaned up/unified CM7 build, but I'm a little short on spare time at the moment. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of the light sensor problem when running xt720mod.sbf, but nothing to report yet--I seem to obsess over unsexy things that take forever to solve. ;)

Oh, cool! XT720 forums show up on user cp again :)
    More log:
    got ics running )
    Well... at least i see bootanimation )
    Code:
     E/HAL     ( 3240): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:  3240 could not load needed library 'libaudio.so' for 'audio.primary.omap3.so' (reloc_library[1314]:  3240 cannot locate '_ZN7android14AudioParameter11keyFMLaunchE'...
    So, now i'm going from work to home.