Pre order for Galaxy Nexus LTE is open starting now

Search This thread

J3ff

Oct 5, 2008
I appreciate all the work everyone did here in helping me with my Epic, I got my Gnexus last night and it's amazing.... all my complaints with the stock epic experience seem to have been solved (working gps, etc)...

It's been fun watching this section grow and develop!! See you guys on the other side!

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Gnex for $79.99 + no activation fee from Newegg.com............(w/ verizon 2 yr contract)
Always a hitch, huh?.............:(

.........sent from today's android = 4.0.4

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
That sucks, i was told they do work in the e4gt so i assumed they would work in this device as well.

Someone is going to get one hell of a package when they buy my epic 4g. i have all kinds of batteries and chargers.

Why the hell would you want to use the small dinky 1500mah in a gnex????? :what:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

jemarent

May 9, 2008
Exactly. I have the batteries and the external charger so I swap at least once a day.

jemarent

May 9, 2008
I figured it would be cool have spare batteries even if they are little 1500s. My off brand one doesn't even last half what the OEM epics do. Maybe the external charter will work...

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
If the S3 specs are near what was posted on androidcentral I will be very heavily considering the GSM Galaxy Nexus unlocked from google play store. The fact that it will work with Tmo, ATT, and numerous low cost pre-paid VMNO's is really attractive, and it won't be entirely "old tech" if the S3 is "only a quad-core A9" design.

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
If the S3 specs are near what was posted on androidcentral I will be very heavily considering the GSM Galaxy Nexus unlocked from google play store. The fact that it will work with Tmo, ATT, and numerous low cost pre-paid VMNO's is really attractive, and it won't be entirely "old tech" if the S3 is "only a quad-core A9" design.

I really want the dual A15 as well, but the quad A9 will still blow everything else out now out of the water. I have a feeling it all comes down to marketing. Seriously.

To the average consumer (ie, not us on this board but to whom 99% of cell phones are sold to) 'quad' > 'dual' and that's as far as the argument goes.

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Don't think I can lie without a removeable battery...

Last edited:

pdappcgeek

Sep 8, 2007
The S3 should be/better be another league or I'll be disappointed

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
I like the unlocked gsm galaxy nexus for a few reasons. For one, because its gsm and unlocked, its not going to drop in value nearly as fast as cdma phons do. If by next spring something killer is out, I won't be on contract and should be able to sell it for a decent return and pick up something new. Plus I'll be first in line using jellybean in the mean time keeping things interesting.

I also have some travel potential (overseas) so I won't have to worry about it with an unlocked phone I can just pick up a sim when I land.

Unless the leaks about the galaxy s3 are all dead wrong, 2012 is going to be the year of incremental improvements as opposed to the doubling of nearly every spec from 2010 to 2011. I was originally holding out for the s3, but so far I'm pretty 'meh' on those specs and would take the aosp expirence and ability to let carriers compete for my dollars.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am 45 days away from my upgrade. I have a Epic 4G which has been a POS from day 1. GPS has never worked properly, seldom updated, 4G radio sleeps in the middle of browsing, and the phone now requires resets every 12 hours (otherwise it'll shut down on its own at a random time after). Reinstalling the OS does nothing. It's never been jailbroken because it always errored out when I attempted to. After is crashed and corrupted my SD card in January, I was ready to toss it.

You said jailbroken your whole argument is invalid. And the epic 4g is a powerhorse.. you were just poorly informed, sorry. Also you had only one point that the gps didnt work... which theres a fix for. You dont reinstall the OS you restore the ROM which is different... You need to learn a few things :) just saying.... FWIW.
    ill wait till its a penny on amazon.
    Wow, I stopped by to see where everyone was headed. I expected to see a higher S3 count. I am torn between the same 2 phones for my June 1 update. Looks like I will be seeing many of you soon though. I have more fun with my Nexus now than when I first got it so I am leaning towards GNex but if the May 7th announcement blows me away i may change my mind and have an S2 and S3. I am kinda glad I can't upgrade until 6/! because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2
    Gnex is amazing ;)
    Within a few mins of having it I was flashing CM9 thru twrp
    Im not regretting getting it at all screw the SGS3 :p
    Haha I'm in same situation .. spent all my money during the "holiday" that just passed so I gotta wait a little :eek:

That Kush?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium