Lost dialer app

Search This thread

omegadraconis

Aug 11, 2011
www.colddarkness.com
I too have lost my phone app as two other have in [ROM]Debellare[EC09] starting on page 9. Mine disappeared when I was running a game and the phone dead locked. I am running pattielipp's EC09 Deodexed & DeBloated. I rolled back to clean d17 then let the ota updates get me to EC09. The dialertabactivity.apk is still in the system folder but, is not installed. Phone.apk is installed. I tried to fix it by rebooting to recovery, going to advanced, and wiping the dalvik-cache, no luck. I then copied the app to the sd card and deleted it from /system/app/. I then clear the caches again and rebooted. I then moved the app from the sd card to the /system/app folder, again cleared the caches and rebooted only to get no where... anyone got any ideas? I figure I'll end up re-flashing the rom once I get a chance.

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
The same thing happened to me, :p I just installed Go Dialer/Contacts EX, because I've been too busy to do anything at all lately :p

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I was able to Odin this file and get it working again.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20459391/ec09debinged.tar.md5

I forget who made it, but not me. Anyway, now how do I get it back in the dock?

Logan

If you're using TW, go to the app drawer, hit the menu softkey, select edit, and then click and drag the Phone icon into the dock. The max number of dock items is 4, so if there's already 4, just take out whatever you don't want there and then drag the Phone one in. Hit the menu softkey, select save, and you should be good.

Reactions: logan302

omegadraconis

Aug 11, 2011
www.colddarkness.com
Fixed it

I found A fix. I took the EC09Debinged.tar.gz file and extracted it to a folder. Next I used magiciso to open the factoryfs.rfs and extracted the dialertabactivity.apk file. I deleted the one on the phone. rebooted recovery and used adb to push the file. Cleared the caches and it was back when I rebooted. I then added it back to the dock and it's like it never happened.

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
I found A fix. I took the EC09Debinged.tar.gz file and extracted it to a folder. Next I used magiciso to open the factoryfs.rfs and extracted the dialertabactivity.apk file. I deleted the one on the phone. rebooted recovery and used adb to push the file. Cleared the caches and it was back when I rebooted. I then added it back to the dock and it's like it never happened.

That works. I'll pass this on to Pat so he can patch it into debellare and repost. In the mean time, I would advise that any users who are having this issue, do the same as you have done.

http://www.magiciso.com/

There is the link to magic iso, if anyone needs it

Reactions: ciscogee

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
well this is interesting! at least i feel better in knowing it isn't dependent on debellare. and to make it better my other rom has the fix?

Everything going on is interesting! the dialer disappearing, double not able to flash anything, others having issues flashing debellare, bricking logans phone???

I guess it isn't that much but still is interesting!

omegadraconis

Aug 11, 2011
www.colddarkness.com
some more info

Something I noticed while poking around today was that in the case of my phone the dialertabactivity.apk file size is different from the one in EC09Debinged.tar.gz. The one from the EC09Debinged.tar.gz is 755.86k, while the one I pulled from the phone is 650.91k. I also took a look inside the apk files and noticed the dates were different on several files. The defective file has an cert.rsa file dated jun 10 2009. The working file has an cert.rsa dated jun 22 2011 which seemed to match the other files in the system/app folder. Is anyone else seeing the same thing on their phones?

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
Something I noticed while poking around today was that in the case of my phone the dialertabactivity.apk file size is different from the one in EC09Debinged.tar.gz. The one from the EC09Debinged.tar.gz is 755.86k, while the one I pulled from the phone is 650.91k. I also took a look inside the apk files and noticed the dates were different on several files. The defective file has an cert.rsa file dated jun 10 2009. The working file has an cert.rsa dated jun 22 2011 which seemed to match the other files in the system/app folder. Is anyone else seeing the same thing on their phones?

That might mean that the earlier dated one was signed for eclair, and newer one for froyo... Hmmm

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

KJW979

Jun 18, 2010
Buffalo, NY area

Mine also shows file size of 650.91 but my date is 2008. Still using market dialer myself, as have to read up on abd, no experience in it.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Mine also shows file size of 650.91 but my date is 2008. Still using market dialer myself, as have to read up on abd, no experience in it.

Just use rootexplorer etc and delete current apk and copy and paste new one from sdcard.
Reboot cwm
Delete cache and dalvik
Reboot

Mmmm

Reactions: KJW979

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed it

Partial Fix

--press Applications
    Menu
    Then drag to dock...but it is not in apps anymore.

Logan

If you're using TW, go to the app drawer, hit the menu softkey, select edit, and then click and drag the Phone icon into the dock. The max number of dock items is 4, so if there's already 4, just take out whatever you don't want there and then drag the Phone one in. Hit the menu softkey, select save, and you should be good.

That works. I'll pass this on to Pat so he can patch it into debellare and repost. In the mean time, I would advise that any users who are having this issue, do the same as you have done.

http://www.magiciso.com/

There is the link to magic iso, if anyone needs it

Just use rootexplorer etc and delete current apk and copy and paste new one from sdcard.
    Reboot cwm
    Delete cache and dalvik
    Reboot

Mmmm