Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 system apps and downloading them

Search This thread

Kejen Kaos

Oct 7, 2013
Hey guys, I have been a regular reader of your forums now for a few months. I am still learning so forgive me if I come off as lazy and unwilling to learn, or flat out dumb.

I sometimes get bored and search the web for ways to improve my tablet. I started by rooting and getting custom recovery, xposed, and various root apps just trying to improve performance or learn a bit more. Recently I had come across a list of which system apps are safe to remove. I backed up system apk and odex files and started deleting. My SD card was taken by my sister and she wiped it so she could put music on it. I don't have any real issues with how my tablet is running, but I can no longer open the Memo app without it crashing immediately. From what I have read, I believe my Touchwiz was deleted (if that is possible?) I did also delete my Prepaid installer.apk

Basically, I want to know if what I said makes sense to why Memo keeps crashing; is there perhaps a way to just download any system apps and put their respective APK's back to the system/app folder (or perhaps all I need is the Prepaid installer.apk?);and a little off topic, but how do I make the device status to Official rather than custom and should I even bother with anything OTA for updates.

Thanks for listening to a novice try to bs his way through new tech lingo and sorry if I spoke incorrectly, posted in the wrong section, or any other number of rookie mistakes I may have committed. Xda forums are an absolute goldmine though! Keep up all the great everyone, I hope to become a more active member in the future.

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
This is a theoretically long work around, since I was going to give it to you only to realise I no longer have it either xD.......I suppose if you can get a hold of a new sd card, look into Titanium Backup, its a pretty useful app but it requires root permissions. Then if you can find the stock rom for your tab, there should be one somewhere in the development forums for 7", you can flash the stock and root again and install titanium, then backup the memo app to the sd card. Then restore your previous ROM state and install titanium again, switch the folder options to the path where the backup is on the sd card and restore it to that ROM.

As for TouchWiz...I think that's the OS GUI so it's most likely still there if you're using the tab. Not too sure about the prepaid ap though, but if it came with the stock then the above process should work as well.