[MOD] GPS FasterFix Europe

Search This thread

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
GPS FasterFix Europe

What does it do : It will change/create your "gps.conf" file, so your phone will connect with the Nokia NTP Servers in Europe instead of Google. You should get a faster GPS fix.

Installation : apply zip in CWM Recovery

For which ROM´s : All

download :

GPS_FasterFix_Europe

All NTP Servers listed here, you can edit "gps.conf" and change the server with your prefered one : http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/

-------------------------------------------------------

Hidden menu fix : use nokia servers & avtivate SLP Auto Provision

all credits to conceptics @ modaco !!

To get it to work as flawless I have made the following adjustments that seem to work well:

1. Go into the LG hidden menu
2. Go into GPS Test
3. Go into System Settings
4. MOLR Protocol (is set to User-Plane)
5. SULP Setting -> SLP Server Setting, I created a new one for the nokia servers (slp address: supl.nokia.com, port: 7275, no cert and no TLS setting)
6. SLP Auto Provision is activated

I'm in Switzerland and with this settings (supl.nokia.com), the GPS fix is relatively quick and works consistently within about 10 seconds of starting Google-Maps.

Still not sure if this is indeed FR15 related or if the problem is purely SSL Certificate related. If it is SSL Certificate related wouldn't the problem be much more widespread and wouldn't google already have updated the certificate by now?

Anyway, hope the above works at least as a temporary workaround.

this fix really works like a charm, you nearly get an instant fix !

access hidden menu :

In launcher pro you just press and hold on one of the home screens until a menu shows up.
Select "Shortcuts" then choose "Activities" scroll down until you find com.lge.hiddenmenu.
tap on it then tap on HiddenMenu. now you have a shortcut on the home screen.

if you have cooked ROM without hidden menu, you can use my zip to install in recovery first :

hidden-menu

Last edited:

aMpeX

Mar 1, 2011
Kaiserslautern
First, the Optimus 2X doesn't have a gps.conf file at all, so the fix is about creating the file, not modifying it.

Second, this fix works for any ROM.

Third, thx for sharing :)

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
First, the Optimus 2X doesn't have a gps.conf file at all, so the fix is about creating the file, not modifying it.

Second, this fix works for any ROM.

Third, thx for sharing :)

Paul included it in FR15, but standard is for north america

Changelog

3 May Fr15
Reverted to MCK kernel - patched to .28 stable and with a ton of performance improvements
Added gps.conf to /system/etc
Patched settings and removed update client (gains 20MB RAM)

Second : updated info in first post

Third : you´re welcome :)

ironman159

Jul 29, 2010
It sees the satelites but never locks them. Do you have any solution for it?

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

ironman159

Jul 29, 2010
Rebooted and fixed inside the house within 30 sec, works properly. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

XabdullahX

Oct 18, 2007
Flashed this, but now when i boot phone, i get alot of force closes and the phone doesnt really work because adw launcher keeps closing. Anyone with this problem? any way to restore the phone as it was?

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
Flashed this, but now when i boot phone, i get alot of force closes and the phone doesnt really work because adw launcher keeps closing. Anyone with this problem? any way to restore the phone as it was?

:confused: my zip can´t be the reason for this behavior ...

it just copies "gps.conf" to system/etc

if you like to remove it : navigate to system/etc with root explorer, mount rw, and delete "gps.conf"

that´s it !

stegg

Aug 29, 2008
Milan

I had the same problem, then I fixed permissions in recovery.
now I have no more FC (until now! :D )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GPS FasterFix Europe

What does it do : It will change/create your "gps.conf" file, so your phone will connect with the Nokia NTP Servers in Europe instead of Google. You should get a faster GPS fix.

download :

GPS_FasterFix_Europe

All NTP Servers listed here, you can edit "gps.conf" and change the server with your prefered one : http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/

-------------------------------------------------------

Hidden menu fix : use nokia servers & avtivate SLP Auto Provision

all credits to conceptics @ modaco !!

To get it to work as flawless I have made the following adjustments that seem to work well:

1. Go into the LG hidden menu
    2. Go into GPS Test
    3. Go into System Settings
    4. MOLR Protocol (is set to User-Plane)
    5. SULP Setting -> SLP Server Setting, I created a new one for the nokia servers (slp address: supl.nokia.com, port: 7275, no cert and no TLS setting)
    6. SLP Auto Provision is activated

I'm in Switzerland and with this settings (supl.nokia.com), the GPS fix is relatively quick and works consistently within about 10 seconds of starting Google-Maps.

Still not sure if this is indeed FR15 related or if the problem is purely SSL Certificate related. If it is SSL Certificate related wouldn't the problem be much more widespread and wouldn't google already have updated the certificate by now?

Anyway, hope the above works at least as a temporary workaround.

this fix really works like a charm, you nearly get an instant fix !

access hidden menu :

In launcher pro you just press and hold on one of the home screens until a menu shows up.
    Select "Shortcuts" then choose "Activities" scroll down until you find com.lge.hiddenmenu.
    tap on it then tap on HiddenMenu. now you have a shortcut on the home screen.

if you have cooked ROM without hidden menu, you can use my zip to install in recovery first :

hidden-menu
    For every one, who has problems with GPS and wait long time for fix, test this: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optimus-2x-2x-modaco-com/339249/gps-issue-fr15/#entry1696600

This works great for me,, very fast fix.
    I have baseband 20110405 and the Fear 8.1 Rom
    For every one, who has problems with GPS and wait long time for fix, test this: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optimus-2x-2x-modaco-com/339249/gps-issue-fr15/#entry1696600

This works great for me,, very fast fix.
    I have baseband 20110405 and the Fear 8.1 Rom

thx, i also tried, MUCH faster fix, also in rooms ...

updated 1.st post
    The gps.conf didn't make any difference on my gps, couldn't get a lock at all. After using the nokia server trick my gps worked straight away.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk
    Who should use it : South east Asian & Singaporean

What does it do : Connect to SG server.

Credits to the Original Poster. Cheers.