[ROM][8 MAY 2012][ICS IMM76I 4.0.4] NexusBeam - 5.0.0 | Aroma 2.0 | Fast, Amazing

Include Galaxy Nexus like software-buttons in the ROM?

• Implent it in ROM,flashable zip to remove them

Votes: 94 7.8%
  • Dont implent it in ROM,flashable zip to enable it

Votes: 1,104 92.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

HooeyBooey

Oct 30, 2010
I have unlocked i9020A model NS. I went through all steps to root and what not. I got this ROM on no problem, Glados no problem, flashed radio and I still have no mobile network. Any suggestions?

I had the same issue. I finally had to flash the UCKE1 radio and I got signal back. This is the first ICS rom that I've had this issue.

ShadowVlican

Feb 27, 2007
Toronto
I have redone all steps and still have no wireless connection. I even tried this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044261

and this

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13123996&postcount=39

And I still have nada. Ive flashed plenty of times with various phones and I can usually figure this stuff out, but im at a loss here. If anyone can help a guy out I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
I had the same issue. I finally had to flash the UCKE1 radio and I got signal back. This is the first ICS rom that I've had this issue.
when i lost all my network connections with gingerbread roms, i reflashed back to stock

that always fixed my problem

justsignbythex

Apr 6, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I have unlocked i9020A model NS. I went through all steps to root and what not. I got this ROM on no problem, Glados no problem, flashed radio and I still have no mobile network. Any suggestions?

I have an i9020A and had the same exact problem you have.

Let me guess, right now if you go to Settings -> About Phone, and you look under the Baseband, it'll start with NOxxxxKF1?

Follow the directions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20577683&postcount=3

CdTDroiD

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 1, 2011
Auckland
Just for the record guys, if you want to flash this on a i9020A it will work fine but you have to remove the bootloader.img and radio.img from the ROM.zip and remove the relevant instructions from the updater-script, the radio.img zip the OP has made doesnt work, I think because of the bootloader flashed upon flashing the ROM but not 100% on that point. Otherwise great work OP :D

Note: If you have already flashed the ROM you will either need to flash back a stock ROM or try flashing the original bootloader and radio.img before doing it again.

EDIT: or do the above before flashing again with the modded script ;)

Last edited:

GerManiac

Jun 3, 2006
Excellent ROM, only Wifi is weak!

been using this ROM now for two days, so far only one reboot after I flashed Glados 2.5 kernel.

However, I think Wifi could use some tweaking. I am standing practically next to my router and get half a signal. First I thought it was my NxS, however, I flashed another tweaked ICS and the reception was phenominal, even through multiple walls.

brclho

Jun 22, 2011
i have a i9020a that i flashed this rom to. at first the radio didnt work but after flashing UCKE1 it came back.

however it feels like the phone is hanging up by itself now, is anyone else getting this problem? any solutions?

HiTjTe

Dec 19, 2011
Enschede
Despite my earlier post that the NexusBeam ROM is running smooth without any reboots or fc's I've been experiencing a new problem since yesterday. My phone reboots every time I'm on the phone with someone longer than +- 5 min. Since calling people is sort of a primary function of my phone it is quite irritating. Does someone experience the same problems, or even better has a solution? Thanks in advance
ps. I didn't change anything kernel or otherwise since installing glados 2.5 bfs when it was released a few days ago

Last edited:

lukappaseidue

Aug 22, 2007
Catania
Despite my earlier post that the NexusBeam ROM is running smooth without any reboots or fc's I've been experiencing a new problem since yesterday. My phone reboots every time I'm on the phone with someone longer than +- 5 min. Since calling people is sort of a primary function of my phone it is quite irritating. Does someone experience the same problems, or even better has a solution? Thanks in advance
ps. I didn't change anything kernel or otherwise since installing glados 2.5 bfs when it was released a few days ago
I'm using this wonderfull ROM with eugene 316 ICUPS kernel I've been speaking on the phone, without stop, for more than one hour (I know I'm crazy) NO issues...
P.S. from the full charge (100%) at now, while I'm writing I've reached 18% of BATTERY, 1 day , 59 minutes of usage, 2 hour and half of voice calls, sms, surfing market, rom manager download rom to see update :D :D
This ROM is AMAZING
Thank You Coentje44

Last edited:

brunswick000

Apr 16, 2010
Kingston, ON
Just for the record guys, if you want to flash this on a i9020A it will work fine but you have to remove the bootloader.img and radio.img from the ROM.zip and remove the relevant instructions from the updater-script, the radio.img zip the OP has made doesnt work, I think because of the bootloader flashed upon flashing the ROM but not 100% on that point. Otherwise great work OP :D

Note: If you have already flashed the ROM you will either need to flash back a stock ROM or try flashing the original bootloader and radio.img before doing it again.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I got it all working again. When I flashed the ROM and then tried flashing the radio it would revert back to the radio in the ROM. I had to flash the radio via adb and it worked. Of course that was not before I tried just about every radio listed for 9020a. No matter its all good now.

Thanks again for all the help. Great support on this site.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

i have a i9020a that i flashed this rom to. at first the radio didnt work but after flashing UCKE1 it came back.

however it feels like the phone is hanging up by itself now, is anyone else getting this problem? any solutions?

I used the radio that is listed on the first page. However I had to flash it via adb to get it to work. I flashed the rom via recovery, wipe data/partition/dalvik, rebooted and then flashed the radio in adb.

followed this guide. You don't need to use the "Radio Flash Folder" if you know how to use adb.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1116884

Alternatively you could try this:

Good luck

cigaro

Jan 14, 2010
been using this ROM now for two days, so far only one reboot after I flashed Glados 2.5 kernel.

However, I think Wifi could use some tweaking. I am standing practically next to my router and get half a signal. First I thought it was my NxS, however, I flashed another tweaked ICS and the reception was phenominal, even through multiple walls.

+1 the wifi problem and i'm counting 2-3 reboots a day

The Alter Ego

Apr 9, 2011
+1 the wifi problem and i'm counting 2-3 reboots a day

the WiFi-"problem" is just a display fault, i guess. Made a few tests, standing beside router gives me the same low signal strenght as standing in annother room or annother floor. But downloadspeed is always the same. Fast and stable. Browsing, downloads, uploads...everything fast as other roms.

Reboots are still a strange phemomen here....tried so much different kernels, wiped like hell and did all the things are estimated or necessary.....sometimes i have multiple reboots an hour, sometimes i have no reboots for days or a week.

But NexusBeam is still best ROM IMHO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NexusBeam 5.0.0

Hi guys, today i am announcing a brand new ICS based ROM for the Nexus S.
    The ROM is using the latest stock Android 4.0.4 IMM76I firmware and works very smooth! The UI feels very fast because Google implented HWcomposer in the latest build and this gives you overall speed improvements.

Screenshot time! :)

screenshot2012050723480.png
    screenshot2012050723471.png
    screenshot2012050723483.png
    screenshot2012050723474.png

As you can see on the screenshots above, the stock ROM looks and feels great. Here is a Features list of the ROM:

Rom Features
    - Aroma 2.0installer
    -Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - official Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM firmware IMM76I
    -CM9 kernel (linux 3.0.29)
    -Removed software (CPU) rendering - full PowerVR SGX 540 (GPU) rendering
    -This is an improved version of stock ROM - no visual changes!
    -Very fast, clean & stable!
    -Multi-language (WWE)
    -Full Arabic and Hebrew languages support! (ICS feature)
    -Fully optimized and tweaked
    -ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions - Thanks to ChainsDD)
    -Newest BusyBox
    -RAM optimizations
    -Speed optimizations
    -Battery auto-calibration script
    -Bloatware applications removed
    -All system applications updated to latest available
    -Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
    -Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
    -Fully de-odexed
    -init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
    -Signatures hack
    -Excellent battery life!
    -..and many more!

Issues:
    - None yet .__.

Code:
    [CENTER][SIZE="6"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Changelog[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [B]NexusBeam 5.0.0:[/B]
    - Introducing Aroma installer 2.0 for Nexus S
    - Android 4.0.4 IMM76I base (Galaxy Nexus)
    - Updated apps, libraries, vendors
    - Added some CM9 code
    - Added some Sense 4.0 stuff
    - Added Facelock
    - YouTube HD (!!!)
    - Sony Bravia engine
    - Python 2.6
    - Build.prop tweaks
    - Optimized
    - More...

[B]NexusBeam v4.2.3:[/B]
    - Compiled from source on 15jan 2012
    - New Glados kernel
    - Properly Deodexed
    - Bamtau Trebuchet mod.
    - Many tweaks
    - Speed improvements
    - Boot optimization + Boot scripts
    - Updated Google Apps
    - Voodocontrol
    - Nexus S Tools
    - Issues have been solved
    - Gorgeous! :)

[B]NexusBeam v4.1.0:[/B]
    - Based on full IML74K crespo image
    - Renamed to NexusBeam 4.1.0 (no more HD)
    - Fixed SU
    - Added new Radio
    - Fixed SetupWizard
    - Added flashable Glados 2.0 kernel (to flash with CWM)

[B]NexusBeam v4.0.3:[/B]
    - Tested on i9020A i9020T and i9023
    - Re-based on latest stock ICS 4.0.3 IML74K for Nexus S
    - Latest ICS Linux kernel 3.0.8 for Nexus S
    - New stock ICS Nexus S bootanimation
    - Added Face-unlock
    - Fixed video playback
    - Fixed all market issues
    - Fixed Titanium Backup issues
    - Added some Init.d tweaks
    - Updated all Google Apps to most recent versions
    - Fixed sync issues
    - Camera effects (Big Mouth, Large eyes, etc)
    - Saved some System space
    - Added USB mounting

[B]NexusBeam v3.0:[/B]
    - Improved colors for the bootanimation
    - Fixed Market issues
    - Fixed GPS + accuracy
    - All new Google Apps
    - Improved Wifi + Data Signal
    - Fixed Screenshot size
    - New libraries from Android Revolution HD 1.3.2
    - Saved some space by removing unneeded files

[B]NexusBeam v2.1.1:[/B]
    - Removed onscreen software-buttons (download link to flash them back below)
    - New Franciscofranco ICS kernel

[B]NexusBeam v2.1:[/B]
    - CM9 Power menu (reboot, screenshot etc) also in the notification tray
    - Fixed storage mount
    - Bugfixes
    - Speed improvements
    - Set DPI to 240 to fix Market issue
    - Reception fixes
    - Alot more minor fixes

[B]NexusBeam v2.0:[/B]
    - Fixed Audio in Calls
    - Fixed Microphone in Calls
    - Fixed video-recording
    - Speed improvements to kernel
    - Some bug fixes
    - Probably fixed some WiFi related issues.

[B]NexusBeam v1.1:[/B]
    - New lib's for Nexus S
    - New kernel
    - Fixed Camera (still photo's)
    - Fixed Facelock
    - Added Google Maps.[/CENTER]

DOWNLOADS:

Download link [ROM]NexusBeam 5.0.0:NexusBeam 5.0.0

MirrorNexusBeam 5.0.0: http://d-h.st/8hu

If you want to enable the Galaxy Nexus Software buttons, just flash this file and they will be there (ONLY WORKS ON NEXUSBEAM 5.0.0 IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU FLASH ON ANY OTHER ROM okies? :)
    Download Link Software-buttons enabler zip v4.1.0: DEVELOPING...

Donations:
    If you appreciate my work and want to buy me some beerz feel free to donate.
    Paypal Donations

Guide:

1) Unlock bootloader (using adb)
    2) (If you used adb you have drivers) double click run.bat on your computer when your phone's connected to your computer. This will root and put cwm and SU.
    3) Now that you have cwm, put 5.0 in your sdcard
    4) Flash via Aroma. Wipe data, cache, and dalvik.
    5) Reboot and flash glados if you want.
    6) Enjoy :)

Credits:
    - Google
    Uploading v2.0

Fixed Audio + Mic in calls
    Fixed Video recording
    And some other improvements.
    sorryz having some framework compiling errors..
    Updated OP with download link, changelog and new screenshots :)
    It's nice but this Market thing is soooo annoying, can't use it...

NexuSBeam HD v2.2 will be up in a few hours.