poor battery life on ics

Search This thread

elijahtan

Apr 24, 2012
Singapore
my batt could barely last 10 hours... i seriously think LPY doesnt go into deep sleep well...will try to limit samsung apps by freezing on titanium

my batt could barely last 10 hours... i seriously think LPY doesnt go into deep sleep well...will try to limit samsung apps by freezing on titanium

Do you leave WiFi enabled? The default setting in the ROM is for WiFi to remain on during sleep and I think that prevents deep sleep from being achieved. I have mine set to turn WiFi off when the phone is sleeping, but I usually disable Wifi manually when I don't need it and only briefly enable it when I do need it.

Go to the WiFi advanced options to adjust the WiFi behaviour during "sleep".

Reactions: Att.Fan1982

mug2k

Jul 11, 2010
Try the instructions below, fixed my deep sleep problem(thanks to Mister Jozo)

0.go to settings > sound and turn off touch sounds and screen lock sounds

These steps stop the kernel wakelock 100% problem:

1.turn on aeroplane mode
2.turn off device
3.take out battery for 10 seconds
4.turn on device
5.wait for everything to load
6.turn off aeroplane mode

dzontra11

Apr 19, 2010

1.turn on aeroplane mode
2.turn off device
4.turn on device

Same here..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

varoes

Mar 11, 2012

1.turn on aeroplane mode
2.turn off device
4.turn on device

Fixed it for me as well. Thanks alot for the advice!

ngocdao

Sep 16, 2011
Honolulu, HI
When you charge the phone before unplugging it unlock the phone, if you don't do that the phone will not go to deep sleep state, so it will drain battery because CPU is alles the time at 200MHz

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I charge my batteries externally and still get pretty crappy battery life regardless lol... thats why i rather just have an arsenal of batteries and not worry about it hehe.

ahalford

Sep 24, 2011
עץ החיים
So, I found the problem.
This is kernel wakelock, wlan_rx_wake.
Many people also suffered from this problem on Nexus.
The issue directly related to Dynamic IP/DHCP on your network. Due to kernel fault, wi-fi module can'to go into deep sleep, and therefore drains the battery. Not much, but about 2-3% per hour.
Goddamn Samsung devs.

kurogane_s

Mar 10, 2012
So, I found the problem.
This is kernel wakelock, wlan_rx_wake.
Many people also suffered from this problem on Nexus.
The issue directly related to Dynamic IP/DHCP on your network. Due to kernel fault, wi-fi module can'to go into deep sleep, and therefore drains the battery. Not much, but about 2-3% per hour.
Goddamn Samsung devs.

I had the same problem with Wifi too and it was better after a set the Wifi connection to use static IP.

Still, there's an inordinate amount of l2_hsic wakelocks I can't seem to get rid off.. any ideas?

Braxos

Nov 18, 2011
2e7316fa-b58d-674e.jpg

Just lol on Stock GB 2.3.6 had 5-6 hours screen on plus 2 hours music listening on 18hours use. If I have some ideas will post them

p107r0

Jan 29, 2010
Not sure yet if it really works, or it's just placebo effect, but I'm under the impression that once I managed to flash iwmulticall and instal WiFi Tx Power, battery consumption while browsing (and generally with wifi on) went down.

Reactions: ahalford

ahalford

Sep 24, 2011
עץ החיים
Not sure yet if it really works, or it's just placebo effect, but I'm under the impression that once I managed to flash iwmulticall and instal WiFi Tx Power, battery consumption while browsing (and generally with wifi on) went down.

Which setting for db you're using?
Cause for me it stays same situation even after this WiFi Tx Power trick.

p107r0

Jan 29, 2010
Which setting for db you're using?
Cause for me it stays same situation even after this WiFi Tx Power trick.

usually I'm very close to my router, so I choose the lowest one (4dB), the thing is that it seems that the battery current is lower (previously up to 900mA, now closer to 500mA), but when checking with the "iwmultiucall iwconfig wlan0" command in terminal emulator I see the same reading "Tx-Power=398dBm", no matter what setting I chose in the app.

ahalford

Sep 24, 2011
עץ החיים
Already found the soultion.
Flashed stock rom again through mobile odin with everoot option only. Warning - whole rom must be flashed, not stock kernel only, to promise right su binaries into system later
Then, installing root & su from here - CWM, SU, BusyBox.
Cleaned cache/dalvick, reboot.
30 minut after reboot - no wi-fi wakelocks. Continue testing...

Credits for guiding me to right root without affecting the kernel goes to pro100gamer from 4PDA.ru and this wonderful guy

Update - 1 hour, no single wakelock.

sedohunta

Jun 3, 2008
I am a Note-newbie, as I only got it a few days ago, and I would like to ask you if 5 hours of screen-on time (90 percent of which is wifi websurfing) is acceptable for this device on ICS? It went from 100% battery to switching off with exactly 5 hours of screen-on time. Without wifi, with phone standby, the battery life seems to be several days as it only loses 1 or 2% per night.

Otherwise ICS seems to be silky smooth, not a single FC or any other problems.

ahalford

Sep 24, 2011
עץ החיים
I am a Note-newbie, as I only got it a few days ago, and I would like to ask you if 5 hours of screen-on time (90 percent of which is wifi websurfing) is acceptable for this device on ICS? It went from 100% battery to switching off with exactly 5 hours of screen-on time. Without wifi, with phone standby, the battery life seems to be several days as it only loses 1 or 2% per night.

Otherwise ICS seems to be silky smooth, not a single FC or any other problems.

Seems perfectly in order.

Reactions: sedohunta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you charge the phone before unplugging it unlock the phone, if you don't do that the phone will not go to deep sleep state, so it will drain battery because CPU is alles the time at 200MHz

1.turn on aeroplane mode
    2.turn off device
    4.turn on device
    Try this also!

Referring to this thread http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1507905.html

it works for me guys. my note used to went 200mhz all the time now it goes deep sleep!
    What does it do'? 200mhz utilization doing what? I wonder.

200 is the lowest frequency that the CPU can go. The range of the CPU is 200-1400. And if the phone isn't used at all it goes to deep sleep state. So when you charge your phone till you unplug the cable it is at the 200 even the screen is black and it has no other background operation. Some how they say that when you unplug the charge cable without unlocking the phone the phone thinks it is still plugged and doesn't let the phone go to deep sleep.
    Solutions: restart phone or plug it wake it up and unplug it.

As you cn see from your screen shot
    You have deep sleep as unused state
    So its not going into deep sleep mode at all
    I had this yesterday but rebooted my note and it went back to normal
    Before i read about switching screen on before unplugging from charge Which is this mornings test