[Q] Reverting back from Kartini Engine V2.0

Search This thread

primemonitor

Jan 4, 2014
New Delhi
Hi,
I was about to flash the Kartini Engine V2.0 (link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600244) on my XL, but before I do that I wanted to know how I would revert back to my original state if I wanted to (I'm on stock 4.2.2 build 15.3.A.1.12).

From what I understand, I can either:
1. Reflash the stock firmware using Flashtool or,
2. Restore my nandroid backup

Is this correct or am I missing something here?
Also, for the 1st case even if I don't select "wipe data & cache" options in Flashtool that will still do the job, right?

przemek4113

Jan 9, 2012
Starogard gdański
Hi,
I was about to flash the Kartini Engine V2.0 (link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600244) on my XL, but before I do that I wanted to know how I would revert back to my original state if I wanted to (I'm on stock 4.2.2 build 15.3.A.1.12).

Also, for the 1st case even if I don't select "wipe data & cache" options in Flashtool that will still do the job, right?

Yes, you're right. If you have CWM you can just restore your nandroid backup, but when you have stock Kernel flash a ftf using flashtool. If you exclude wipe data and cache your data will stay,but your phone can sometimes get in to bootolop, so i,reccomend to do a clean FW installation.

Last edited:
Reactions: primemonitor

primemonitor

Jan 4, 2014
New Delhi
Yes, you're right. If you have CWM you can just restore your nandroid backup, but when you have stock Kernel flash a ftf using flashtool. If you exclude wipe data and cache your data will stay,but your phone can sometimes get in to bootolop, so i,reccomend to do a clean FW installation.

OK, but just to be sure, reflashing the stock firmware will also unroot my phone? So the better option (if one has CWM) would be to just restore the nandroid backup, right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

OK, but just to be sure, reflashing the stock firmware will also unroot my phone? So the better option (if one has CWM) would be to just restore the nandroid backup, right?

Correct.