[Q] Tuning up S4 Mini without rooting

Search This thread

setspeed

May 4, 2009
A friend of mine has just bought the S4 Mini as a replacement for her iPhone 4 (I tried to steer her towards a couple of other phones, but in the end Samsung's marketing budget and rep for good cameras won the day).
I haven't seen her for a little while, but wanted to know what little tips people might have for tuning up performance on this phone WITHOUT rooting it?

I'm planning on switching on Developer Options and reducing her Window animation scale/Transition animation scale/Animator duration scale down to 0.5 because that makes any phone 'feel' faster.
What unnecessary resource-sucking features does this phone have that I can turn off? Stuff like Smart Stay (which I just turned off when I had an S3 because I found it pointless).

Any advice gratefully received :)

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
A friend of mine has just bought the S4 Mini as a replacement for her iPhone 4 (I tried to steer her towards a couple of other phones, but in the end Samsung's marketing budget and rep for good cameras won the day).
I haven't seen her for a little while, but wanted to know what little tips people might have for tuning up performance on this phone WITHOUT rooting it?

I'm planning on switching on Developer Options and reducing her Window animation scale/Transition animation scale/Animator duration scale down to 0.5 because that makes any phone 'feel' faster.
What unnecessary resource-sucking features does this phone have that I can turn off? Stuff like Smart Stay (which I just turned off when I had an S3 because I found it pointless).

Any advice gratefully received :)

Install Smart Ram Booster and whitelist some important apps in it.

May god bless you with this stuff. :D :D

ThuGzta

Jan 20, 2014
Install Smart Ram Booster and whitelist some important apps in it.

May god bless you with this stuff. :D :D

Clearing of Cache of apps would greatly help reduce the memory eaten by the apps. And that way you will have more space. Which would give speed and all I guess. Also try to keep the themes to a minimal and remove any features you dont use. Should speed up the phone. You can always try a different rom than the stock one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A good idea would be to turn off the S Voice key shortcut if she's not planning on using it. The feature basically slows down the time it takes for the phone to switch to the home screen.

Also, http://goo.gl/P8ENsE