NAE Modem No Audio

Search This thread

crazydaftunk

Jun 25, 2013
I just flashed the NAE modem and after I wiped I restored my backup(liquidsmooth 4.4.2). Now I have no audio whatsoever. Please help!

bioshocked

Mar 8, 2014
Houston
In the "about phone" section of settings, do your baseband and software versions show NAE?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

bioshocked

Mar 8, 2014
Houston
Yes they show the NAE

Okay, go to your phone dialer, and dial ##rtn# (##786#), that will pull up the RTN screen, select view, then tell me what it says your SW version, OS version, Radio version and baseband versions are. Even though in about phone it says NAE, Ive found when I had sound issues due to an incorrect radio version "About Phone" doesnt always display accurate info, but ##RTN# always does. always, where did you get the NAE modem you flashed? when I flashed my first NAE rom, about phone said I was all NAE, but RTN showed that my radio and baseband were still MJA, which is why I had no sound, among other problems.

Last edited:

bioshocked

Mar 8, 2014
Houston
If in the RTN you see conflicting software or radio/issues ect, depending on whether you have already or don't care about tripping KNOX, just revert to a MJA or MK2 based custom rom, like a stock rooted 4.3 unodexed, then flash Unknownforce's NAE modem/firmware, then flash whatever Kit Kat rom you desire. I've had tons of sound/wifi issues arise by not flashing the NAE modem before the rom. Or just flash the stock .tar for NAE, root, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: crazydaftunk

crazydaftunk

Jun 25, 2013
If in the RTN you see conflicting software or radio/issues ect, depending on whether you have already or don't care about tripping KNOX, just revert to a MJA or MK2 based custom rom, like a stock rooted 4.3 unodexed, then flash Unknownforce's NAE modem/firmware, then flash whatever Kit Kat rom you desire. I've had tons of sound/wifi issues arise by not flashing the NAE modem before the rom. Or just flash the stock .tar for NAE, root, rinse and repeat.

Thanks man! Got everything sorted out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.