[APP] Auto-Rotate Config

Search This thread

junalmeida

Inactive Recognized Developer
Screen01.jpg
Auto-Rotate can configure the registry settings of built-in Samsung's RotationSupport.exe.
This app is not resident, so, it consumes memory only when you are configuring rotation support.

* I have moved this topic, check below *

Download

View attachment AutoRotate-1.0.CAB
View attachment AutoRotate-1.0.1.CAB
View attachment AutoRotate-1.0.2.CAB
View attachment AutoRotate-1.0.3.CAB
View attachment AutoRotate-1.1.0.CAB
View attachment AutoRotate-1.1.1.CAB
Newest Versions for Samsung and HTC devices

Last edited:

junalmeida

Beta Testers

If you have an unsupported SAMSUNG device, please, try the following:

1. Install the latest Auto-Rotate cab;
2. Unzip View attachment RotationSupport.zip and copy RotationSupport.exe to the \Windows folder on cell phone;
3. Open a registry editor and create \HKLM\Software\AutoRotation;
4. Under that, create DWord value Count with 0;
5. Run an application like Notes.
6. With Notes opened, tap Start and tap Auto-Rotate.
7. Tap Add, choose Notes, tap OK.
8. Test if you can rotate Notes.
9. Feedback :)

After successful feedbacks, i will make cabs for other samsung devices.

Last edited:

bimboybimboy

May 12, 2008
Introduction

Auto-Rotate can configure the registry settings of Samsung's RotationSupport.
This app is not resident, so, it consumes memory only when you are configuring rotation support.

User Guide

First, start the application that you like to auto-rotate.
Tap Start/Settings/Auto-Rotate.
Tap on Add. You will see a list of current running apps. Select your app from this list.
Tap OK.
Your application should rotate now.

Notes:
Samsung auto-rotation supports only one landscape mode AFAIK.

Changelog

Code:
2/3/2010 v1.0.1
Interface fixes on TabControl.

2/2/2010 v1.0
Initial Release.

Feedback

Please fell free to send bug and feature requests using this thread.

Download

View attachment 275973
View attachment 276465
Great effort but thought you shud know somebody on the modaco forum hs already done it and am using it. For the record my OS is WM6.1 and yr program show error on start.

junalmeida

Great effort but thought you shud know somebody on the modaco forum hs already done it and am using it. For the record my OS is WM6.1 and yr program show error on start.

Hi!
First of all, thanks for your feedback.
If i'am right, that app on modaco is a g-sensor implementation from strach. My effort is an app to configure current Samsung support to auto-rotate (RotationSupport.exe).

About the error, can you show me the exception? Can you make a screen-shot?

Also, can you tell me the version of your ROM?

mejim707

Jan 2, 2009
I have the same problem. I have been using OrientationSetting for a while but it's just not working correctly. For instance, if I'm in a program and have the phone in landscape everything looks as it should, in landscape mode. But, if I switch to a different application that is also configured to autorotate, instead of remaining in landscape it autorotates to portrait! I have to then turn the phone right side up then back down to autorotate. This is no biggie with normal use but if in the car and using the phone as the media device, if I need to do anything else like take a call or whatever it rotates to portrait. Very annoying! Anyway, I hope this program can help resolve the conflict by using the built in support and not using a 3rd party mem resident app.

The error screen for me simply says Error, and some info about an unexpected error in autorotationconfig.exe, quit restart and so on. Then at the bottom it says your device isn't supported. I have an Omnia II from Verizon.

Any help would be great. Thanks

junalmeida

The error screen for me simply says Error, and some info about an unexpected error in autorotationconfig.exe, quit restart and so on. Then at the bottom it says your device isn't supported. I have an Omnia II from Verizon.

Good, seems that the way I check the device works only for GSM (GT-I8000).

In case of Verizon i920, i will appreciate if you send me a registry value.
If you have any registry editor, please send me the value at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Ident\OrigName.

Thanks for your feedback.

yardi4life

Jul 29, 2008
Thanks for the tool junalmeida.

Can please tell me where registry settings are stored of rotationsupport. Thanks in advance

msaeed11

Nov 11, 2007
I tried the three files of the auto rotate program and I got error message that my device is not supported

my device details:

PDA: I8000NXXII9
CSC: I8000XEUII9
Phone: I8000XXII6

Windows mobile 6.5 professional
CE OS 5.2.21856(Build 21856.5.0.65)

bimboybimboy

May 12, 2008
Hi!
First of all, thanks for your feedback.
If i'am right, that app on modaco is a g-sensor implementation from strach. My effort is an app to configure current Samsung support to auto-rotate (RotationSupport.exe).

About the error, can you show me the exception? Can you make a screen-shot?

Also, can you tell me the version of your ROM?
Just says error and a white screen with Quit at the bottom right. I did not have .net installed. Is it needed ? OS 5.2.21006 (Buld 21006.1.5.74)

Dulmer

Jan 18, 2009
Hi, I have an german OmniaPro B7160 and tried to use this small program. After successfull installation I tried to start, but get only the message "This application only supports Samsung devices." Hey I have an samsung device. :) What I'am doing wrong. I tried with 1.01 and 1.02 version. Everything the same. Could you check or give me any advice.

regards, Dulmer

junalmeida

Hi, I have an german OmniaPro B7160 and tried to use this small program. After successfull installation I tried to start, but get only the message "This application only supports Samsung devices." Hey I have an samsung device. :) What I'am doing wrong. I tried with 1.01 and 1.02 version. Everything the same. Could you check or give me any advice.

regards, Dulmer

Hi Dulmer,
If you have an official ROM, that just means that Samsung did not implemented the Rotation Support on your device the same way they did on GT-I8000.
I'll write a better error message, BUT, that means your device is not supported.

Dulmer

Jan 18, 2009
Hi Dulmer,
If you have an official ROM, that just means that Samsung did not implemented the Rotation Support on your device the same way they did on GT-I8000.
I'll write a better error message, BUT, that means your device is not supported.

Yes, I have the original ROM with WM6.1. Do you see a chance to change the program to the other rotation implementation? The rotation is not working in each program, except you pull out the keyboard. :( That's the pitty.

Dulmer

Jan 18, 2009
Hi again,

thanks for this hint. After registerring at this Samsung innovator page and downloading the right SDK for the B7160, this small program from modaco works. Thank you very much for this hint, even if the orientation-detection program is crashing sometime. ;)
It's also intersting, that some Samsung own programs like the main menu, calendar etc. will not rotation, even if I configurred it. That's crazy, because some progs are working from the beginning (even without this tool) and some not. :confused:

regards, Dulmer