[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
Use twrp its recommended by the devs

Sent from my Paranoid N7

Agreed....just get "goo manager" from the play store, and install twrp. It'll ask you if you want it. Best way and easiest way. Imo.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Anybody having issues with gapps mine will not work properly after flashing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Look a couple of posts up, maybe 10 or so, you'll see the link.
Here...hold on tight to them :)

http://d-h.st/sQZ

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: bostonbassman78

Ir0nLy0n

Jul 23, 2011
Baton Rouge
ironlyoncreations.zxq.net
When I hold home in tab ui google now circle is still in the middle of the screen.
a5a5e6u8.jpg

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth
Installed the ROM fine and was running nicely but I found the clock app crashes when setting an alarm so will probably revert back for now.

Few other things I noticed:

1. Lack of close all open apps as mentioned.

Tablet ui is currently stock from Google it doesn't have any pa enhancements yet

2. Battery & other icons are really small in tablet mode on the status bar, clock is okay though.

^^

3. Not sure I prefer the settings bit on the notification tray on the tablet mode as much as before with the toggles.

4. App icons on the tray seem to have more space/are smaller than before. Not sure why.

5. Swipe up for Google Now in tablet mode isn't right, Google icon is still central while home button is to the left.

^^

6. Swipe down in phablet mode for notification tray seems a little off, goes all the way down then back up. Like how settings is on one side, notifications on the other though.

Stock Google behavior

7. Status bar is tiny while softkeys are large on phablet dpi, could it balanced a bit more? (or even better, could they be adjusted individually? I doubt it..)

Ill look into it

8. Shame trebuchet can't be restored from previous version, no biggie though.

Trebuchet, isn't included anymore

9. Shouldn't emails in gmail be pinch zoomable? I can swipe them away to archive which is a new feature though right?

I'll look into it the version in my gapps might not be the newest

Anyone else have this issue and where do I post log cats for the devs to fix it?

So when I hold the home button the Google search icon doesn't appear and then the whole screen freezes and I can't select any thing or push any buttons, only pressing the power button and then pressing it again and clearing the lock screen "fixes" it. Until I try again and repeat process.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

logcat into pastebin with a link here

When I hold home in tab ui google now circle is still in the middle of the screen.
a5a5e6u8.jpg

See above

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Josh98 and Awesoham

CharFalco

Oct 5, 2010
Google Pixel 4
I don't suppose someone could please post a mirror for Moles gapps? He's just too darn popular on DropBox!

Edit: Never mind, I found a link. Sorry for cluttering the thread.

Last edited:

Multisaft7

Jan 21, 2011
One simple questions. New toggles from Stock ui... Will they implement in the old tab ui?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
Beta3 with tabui is working very well. I havent run into a single bug or quirk. One question, how are you dealing with the sdcard0/0 situation. Is there an easy way to copy all of the data that was on /sdcard0 to /sdcard0/0 AFTER and update to 4.2? I know I can downgrade but would like avoid if possible

Sent from my Nexus 7

katsumeiyo

Oct 23, 2009
MeiyoTown
I have a random question and i'm not sure if its because the ROM lacks this function or i'm not looking in right places.

For the notification in tablet 4 icon mode, how do I make the toggle mode look like the toggle page, when it is in phablet mode, with my picture etc.

Also for anyone that flashed the gaaps 4.2, I also have a question, are you guys able to add calendar to the lock screen? I can't see it in the available options for some reason.

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth
One simple questions. New toggles from Stock ui... Will they implement in the old tab ui?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

Beta3 with tabui is working very well. I havent run into a single bug or quirk. One question, how are you dealing with the sdcard0/0 situation. Is there an easy way to copy all of the data that was on /sdcard0 to /sdcard0/0 AFTER and update to 4.2? I know I can downgrade but would like avoid if possible

Sent from my Nexus 7

upgraded ur recovery

I have a random question and i'm not sure if its because the ROM lacks this function or i'm not looking in right places.

For the notification in tablet 4 icon mode, how do I make the toggle mode look like the toggle page, when it is in phablet mode, with my picture etc.

Also for anyone that flashed the gaaps 4.2, I also have a question, are you guys able to add calendar to the lock screen? I can't see it in the available options for some reason.

it will be at some point but it will take some time

someone with a 3g nexus 7 familiar with fastboot, and not afraid to wipe pm me im trying to get a build working but i can't test it

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
upgraded ur recovery

it will be at some point but it will take some time

someone with a 3g nexus 7 familiar with fastboot, and not afraid to wipe pm me im trying to get a build working but i can't test it

I'm using the latest twrp. It has no issue seeing my backups, I'm just wondering if there is any data left in limbo (on /sdcard0 but not moved over to /sdcard/0). I had that issue on my gnex as I didn't do an update to stock (which wipes the internal SD, forcing you to start blank,making this a non issue). Thanks for the great work, running oh so quickly

Sent from my Nexus 7

eugenechiuu

Oct 20, 2011
I noticed a few issues with tablet ui..

Trying to pull up Google search from home button causes a freeze for a few seconds, and clear all option is missing from recent apps..

Anyone has a link to the aosp mail apk? Seems to be missing in beta3 still

DZonikg

Apr 11, 2012
Kragujevac
Can someone post a video on youtube of paranoid 2.99 for us still on "old" CM base paranoid to see if to upgrade or maybe still wait..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Xcutionr

Jan 21, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Can someone post a video on youtube of paranoid 2.99 for us still on "old" CM base paranoid to see if to upgrade or maybe still wait..

The current PA is still on its beta stage, so I'd recommend that you stick with the 4.1 version of PA for the time being. Besides, there's still a few features missing.

Johnny424

Jan 28, 2012
King George VA
beta 3 is running great for me.. I am new to PA ROMs but I am quickly becoming a huge fan..I have found only one small issue, which I also had in beta 2 and 1..The AOSP browser seems to be giving me a little bit of trouble..it will freeze up and FC after a few minutes of use..I can regain use by clearing data, but only forms few minutes or so..not complaining at all just the only small bit of trouble I have had..anyone else had any similar results with the browser?

-Nexus 7-

evilgenx

Aug 6, 2012
beta 3 is running great for me.. I am new to PA ROMs but I am quickly becoming a huge fan..I have found only one small issue, which I also had in beta 2 and 1..The AOSP browser seems to be giving me a little bit of trouble..it will freeze up and FC after a few minutes of use..I can regain use by clearing data, but only forms few minutes or so..not complaining at all just the only small bit of trouble I have had..anyone else had any similar results with the browser?

-Nexus 7-

Heya. I haven't had this trouble with the browser. I usually just use chrome, but I did spend about a half hour using the browser and had no trouble. Sorry I have no ideas other then a clean flash.

Reactions: Johnny424

evilgenx

Aug 6, 2012
I noticed a few issues with tablet ui..

Trying to pull up Google search from home button causes a freeze for a few seconds, and clear all option is missing from recent apps..

Anyone has a link to the aosp mail apk? Seems to be missing in beta3 still

I pulled these out of the latest CM10 nightly (grouper) since I to really need these for accessing my @live email. Just need to install both and you are good to go.

Attachments

• Email.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • Exchange2.apk
    879.3 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser