Poetic Hardback and Slimbook now 4.95+ free shipping

Search This thread

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Hi Guys,
You guys are always so helpful to me so I decided to review some cases for the Kindle Fire HD that my wife and I bought. We stuck with Poetic because I had them on other devices and never had issues and they lasted the equipments entire lifespan. These are my first attempts at video reviews, not really a camera or talking guy lol. Anyways hope this helps you make an informed decision. Here ya go:

POETIC HARDBACK CASE
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Protec...9157376&sr=8-2&keywords=poetic+kindle+hd+case

VIDEO REVIEW:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27XLg7zxJPU

About 10 days ago I wrote a post about an issue with some of the cases being sold on Amazon. Well once Poetic read my post, they contacted me. They have now revised their Poetic Hardback Case and it works flawlessly. The corners hold tightly onto the Kindle HD and there is no concern that the Kindle HD may slip out. There are a few other brands in this thread that I have purchased that had similar flaws in the design. I have to give some props to the people at Poetic for taking care of the issue so fast. I still have a carbon fiber poetic hardback case on the original fire and its in great shape.

The wake and sleep feature on the case work great. The clip that holds the cover onto the Kindle HD was tight on the old version as well as the other brands I tried. The new revised edition while still holding the Kindle securely, doesnt feel as though I am damaging my tablet every time I close the case as with other cases. The case seems to add protection, of course it isnt a Otterbox, so dont go throwing it around. But it should be sufficient for many types of oops moments that we know we all have.

POETIC SLIMBOOK CASE
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Automa...9157376&sr=8-8&keywords=poetic+kindle+hd+case

VIDEO REVIEW:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnWL0thtVng

So this brings me to the Slimback case. My wife just got this case in today. After she saw the great communication from Poetic and how quickly they fixed any issues, she knew that she wanted to stay within the Poetic brand. The case is made from a similar leather type material. Feels good to the touch. Same type of felt lines the inside of the case to protect the screen. As an added bonus, there are slots on the inside of the cover that all you to store your credit cards or business cards in them, similar to a wallet. The cover is held shut by a magnet, and the wake and sleep function works great. The stand also puts the kindle at a perfect angle if you are seated, or even if you are just chilling in your bed watching a movie or youtube vid.

The best part of the case is this. My wife had a similar case for her original Kindle that let her tablet constantly move in, the type that you slide the kindle into the case and it secures it in with a flap. This case is awesome in that regard. There is no wiggle room or play with the kindle hd once in the case. It holds it put, doesnt allow it to slide around. It is a little tight sliding it in, but once its there, its not moving. If you guys have any questions, just ask. I am hoping to get a video review up once my PC is fixed. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: redb33s and Nxxx

Nxxx

Dec 20, 2011
Thanks. Added cases and review to my Master Accessories Thread. Once you get a YT video up please come back and post it! Thanks.

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Thanks. Added cases and review to my Master Accessories Thread. Once you get a YT video up please come back and post it! Thanks.

Just updated the Original Post with the video links. I am not the best reviewer commentator, as you can tell lol. Just trying to help everyone out. Thanks.

Reactions: Nxxx

Nxxx

Dec 20, 2011
Just updated the Original Post with the video links. I am not the best reviewer commentator, as you can tell lol. Just trying to help everyone out. Thanks.

Thanks. Most people wouldn't have even taken the time to make a post on XDA. If you wanna get more into reviewing and other stuff like that send me a PM. My YT channel is in my Sig I think.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

Sirchuk

Jul 12, 2009
Thanks for the reviews! The slimbook case is on sale at Amazon for $4.95 right now.

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
My wife loves the case. I say for the price it doesn't hurt to try it out.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Ion using Tapatalk 2.

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
The slim book is on special for 4.95 with free shipping. Its an awesome case.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk.

DNak206

Dec 3, 2008
Just ordered the slimbook after reading/watching your recommendation, thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,
    You guys are always so helpful to me so I decided to review some cases for the Kindle Fire HD that my wife and I bought. We stuck with Poetic because I had them on other devices and never had issues and they lasted the equipments entire lifespan. These are my first attempts at video reviews, not really a camera or talking guy lol. Anyways hope this helps you make an informed decision. Here ya go:

POETIC HARDBACK CASE
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Protec...9157376&sr=8-2&keywords=poetic+kindle+hd+case

VIDEO REVIEW:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27XLg7zxJPU

About 10 days ago I wrote a post about an issue with some of the cases being sold on Amazon. Well once Poetic read my post, they contacted me. They have now revised their Poetic Hardback Case and it works flawlessly. The corners hold tightly onto the Kindle HD and there is no concern that the Kindle HD may slip out. There are a few other brands in this thread that I have purchased that had similar flaws in the design. I have to give some props to the people at Poetic for taking care of the issue so fast. I still have a carbon fiber poetic hardback case on the original fire and its in great shape.

The wake and sleep feature on the case work great. The clip that holds the cover onto the Kindle HD was tight on the old version as well as the other brands I tried. The new revised edition while still holding the Kindle securely, doesnt feel as though I am damaging my tablet every time I close the case as with other cases. The case seems to add protection, of course it isnt a Otterbox, so dont go throwing it around. But it should be sufficient for many types of oops moments that we know we all have.

POETIC SLIMBOOK CASE
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Automa...9157376&sr=8-8&keywords=poetic+kindle+hd+case

VIDEO REVIEW:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnWL0thtVng

So this brings me to the Slimback case. My wife just got this case in today. After she saw the great communication from Poetic and how quickly they fixed any issues, she knew that she wanted to stay within the Poetic brand. The case is made from a similar leather type material. Feels good to the touch. Same type of felt lines the inside of the case to protect the screen. As an added bonus, there are slots on the inside of the cover that all you to store your credit cards or business cards in them, similar to a wallet. The cover is held shut by a magnet, and the wake and sleep function works great. The stand also puts the kindle at a perfect angle if you are seated, or even if you are just chilling in your bed watching a movie or youtube vid.

The best part of the case is this. My wife had a similar case for her original Kindle that let her tablet constantly move in, the type that you slide the kindle into the case and it secures it in with a flap. This case is awesome in that regard. There is no wiggle room or play with the kindle hd once in the case. It holds it put, doesnt allow it to slide around. It is a little tight sliding it in, but once its there, its not moving. If you guys have any questions, just ask. I am hoping to get a video review up once my PC is fixed. Thanks