Working USB Tether On metro PCS s4

Search This thread

Redsled

Jul 11, 2014
Boston, Ma.
Because of Metro PCS strict wifi tether redirect ("You need to pay to use our tether services") Its been very hard for people to get any type of internet tethering from their Metro PCS phone. I've tried a lot of things to connect my laptop to my metro pcs s4s network, but I could only find one working method. Heres what I did:
-Download Foxfi app from playstore
-Download Foxfi addon from playsore
-Open Foxfi and Activate USB Mode tether. It will promt you saying you need to download PDA Net 4.0 or above installed on your desired tethering computer. Its an .exe found here: pdanet.co/a/
-Run through PDA download on comutper
Then on Foxfi hit menu> Enable Proxy
-Connect Phone with USB
-On computer when prompted or in PDA settings hit "Hide Tether Usage."

Done!

Note: hiding tether usage (a required step for metropcs phones) breaks some websites when your tethered. However Netflix instant streaming is the only thing that has not been working. Youtube works fine!
I hope this helps some folks to bypass Metro's pesky redirect
Happy Tethering! :cowboy:

Reactions: CollinsB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because of Metro PCS strict wifi tether redirect ("You need to pay to use our tether services") Its been very hard for people to get any type of internet tethering from their Metro PCS phone. I've tried a lot of things to connect my laptop to my metro pcs s4s network, but I could only find one working method. Heres what I did:
    -Download Foxfi app from playstore
    -Download Foxfi addon from playsore
    -Open Foxfi and Activate USB Mode tether. It will promt you saying you need to download PDA Net 4.0 or above installed on your desired tethering computer. Its an .exe found here: pdanet.co/a/
    -Run through PDA download on comutper
    Then on Foxfi hit menu> Enable Proxy
    -Connect Phone with USB
    -On computer when prompted or in PDA settings hit "Hide Tether Usage."

Done!

Note: hiding tether usage (a required step for metropcs phones) breaks some websites when your tethered. However Netflix instant streaming is the only thing that has not been working. Youtube works fine!
    I hope this helps some folks to bypass Metro's pesky redirect
    Happy Tethering! :cowboy: