[Theme] Elegant Steel for fission 2.6.1

Search This thread

Tweader

Mar 19, 2011
Love your themes, messing with this one a bit now...

1. How do I get the clock like yours "SEVENzeroTWO" the one in the screen shot in the first post?

2. Same as above how do I get the dock like yours in the screen shot in the first post?

3. My app draw still scrolls normally.

4. Gmail is force closing.

5. 1 out of 3 installs leaves me with no service.

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
1) Download the app clockr or clockr evolution and place the widget on your homescreen.

2) Download the app launcher pro. Set it as your homescreen and go into the settings to customize the dock to your liking. You can probably just use google to find a tutorial on how to use custom docks on launcher pro. I used this dock: http://photos-5.dropbox.com/i/l/TXHskMYI8FB-L5Khw3tKDUjYFgwEEEYf1Gbq2_6av2c/9451596/1301104800/df91e44#17
And you can find a lot of customization options at www.colormeandroid.com

3) I will remove Gmail from the theme and post a quick update sometime tonight. If you do a fresh install of the theme after that update it should fixt he problem.

4) I have no idea why this happens and I have no idea how to fix it either :\ Sorry

Thanks,
ljbaumer

Tweader

Mar 19, 2011
Ok the latest fixed the gmail issue, Im still not getting service. Trying to play with it though. Can you relink the download to the dock you are using. Ive got launcher all set up and ready to go.

shahm0nsterr

Apr 8, 2011
Bakersfield
Quick question, will this work on an older version of fission?
2.4.3 is currently the latest fission rom for the Droid 2 Global.
Thought i would ask before installing this ^_^

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Quick question, will this work on an older version of fission?
2.4.3 is currently the latest fission rom for the Droid 2 Global.
Thought i would ask before installing this ^_^
'

Umm.... this is only built for the DROID 2 at the moment.

I'll see if I can make a quick build for the DROID 2 Global... do you think you could test for me? I only have a DROID 2 so I have no way to test for the DROID 2 Global edition.

Send me a PM if you are interested, if I get a tester I'll get started on a D2G version.

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

Last edited:

Ecx

Jun 28, 2011
Mundelein
alright so, first and foremost, thank you for this. :D

second, i followed all the steps you posted, and after i reboot my D2 it shows the hexagon/hole background with the green android loading screen...but it doesn't go anywhere, it just keeps loading.

i have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, but to no avail. :(

also, i'm new...sorry lol

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Well you probably did something wrong...

Just SBF and make sure you are on the correct rom version (not gingerbread).

There are tons of threads in the DROID 2 forums on how to SBF.

Reactions: Ecx

Ecx

Jun 28, 2011
Mundelein
I'm still running Froyo I think [Android version 2.2 right?]. Unless I'm supposed to look at the system version...in which case it says [2.3.20.A955...] which that would be, gingerbread...lol I think I just realized something while typing this.

And once I sbf, my phone will be wiped and I'll have Froyo again?

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Well 2.3.20.A955 is froyo (android 2.2) because the 2.3.20 is the build numer not the android version so you are still on android 2.2

Anyways, sbfing will take you back to froyo, you would only sbf if you cannot access your phone (get to the homescreen or anything).

If you can get to the homescreen just flash fission or liberty again and then flash my theme and make sure you follow all of the instructions and use the correct version of my theme.

After that post exactly what you did here and I can see if I can help you out. If that doesn't work there are still other things that we can do but this should work out.

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

I'm still running Froyo I think [Android version 2.2 right?]. Unless I'm supposed to look at the system version...in which case it says [2.3.20.A955...] which that would be, gingerbread...lol I think I just realized something while typing this.

And once I sbf, my phone will be wiped and I'll have Froyo again?

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Ecx

Jun 28, 2011
Mundelein
I can still access my homescreen, seeing as how the theme didn't load I just restored my phone from a backup before I rebooted.

I skipped the sbf because I didn't need to, and I think I may have found the problem, I don't have Fission or Liberty. Re-reading the name of this thread I just realized it said for fission 2.6.1. I'll need some more help here, when you say Fission, do you mean Fission rom manager? And once I got frm, i couldn't find 2.6.1, only 2.5.7. Or maybe I am missing something?

One more question, does it matter which bootstrap I use? [currently have Droid 2 Bootstrapper] Can't find Koush's anywhere.

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
I can still access my homescreen, seeing as how the theme didn't load I just restored my phone from a backup before I rebooted.

I skipped the sbf because I didn't need to, and I think I may have found the problem, I don't have Fission or Liberty. Re-reading the name of this thread I just realized it said for fission 2.6.1. I'll need some more help here, when you say Fission, do you mean Fission rom manager? And once I got frm, i couldn't find 2.6.1, only 2.5.7. Or maybe I am missing something?

One more question, does it matter which bootstrap I use? [currently have Droid 2 Bootstrapper] Can't find Koush's anywhere.

Well fission 2.6.1 is only available on certain versions of FRM (fission rom manager) so you may have just had an old one. Anyways, if you look at the bottom of the OP (original post) there is a download for fission 2.5.7 so you can still use that if you cannot find fission 2.6.1.

Just use the same instructions.

Good Luck!

Ecx

Jun 28, 2011
Mundelein
thank you for all the information! However, here's what I did:

1. downloaded and installed Fission 1.2.4 Lite.
2. the list of roms that showed up were 2.5.7 black edition, and its upgrade. and the 2.5.7 froyo themed, with its upgrade. and fusion 2.0 RC1 black.
3. downloaded fission 2.5.7, tried to flash it, but didn't work.
4. restored, downloaded, and tried to flash the froyo, didn't work either.
5. i followed your steps in the OP for both attempt flashes [and i was wondering if i should wipe the cache and data before trying to install anything?]

i don't remember how I rooted my phone [did it a long time ago], but i remembered it being super easy [like the push of a button] I'm starting to think i should just start all over and re-root my phone in a different way.

and for more info, just in case, after i would try to flash the two roms up i mentioned, i waited 10-15 minutes each time and i dunno if i should wait longer, or if it should've loaded normally.

regardless of the outcome i still thank you for i have learned a buckets of information!

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
thank you for all the information! However, here's what I did:

1. downloaded and installed Fission 1.2.4 Lite.
2. the list of roms that showed up were 2.5.7 black edition, and its upgrade. and the 2.5.7 froyo themed, with its upgrade. and fusion 2.0 RC1 black.
3. downloaded fission 2.5.7, tried to flash it, but didn't work.
4. restored, downloaded, and tried to flash the froyo, didn't work either.
5. i followed your steps in the OP for both attempt flashes [and i was wondering if i should wipe the cache and data before trying to install anything?]

i don't remember how I rooted my phone [did it a long time ago], but i remembered it being super easy [like the push of a button] I'm starting to think i should just start all over and re-root my phone in a different way.

and for more info, just in case, after i would try to flash the two roms up i mentioned, i waited 10-15 minutes each time and i dunno if i should wait longer, or if it should've loaded normally.

regardless of the outcome i still thank you for i have learned a buckets of information!

I would whipe the data and cache before installing, then follow the install instructions for Fission 2.5.7 on the Team Defuse Website (they made the ROM) then once you are sure you have Fission running on your DROID 2 install my theme using the instructions from the OP.

Hope this works!

Ecx

Jun 28, 2011
Mundelein
Good news and nothing but good news...it works! :D

I followed the steps by Team Defuse [difference this time I wiped the cache and data] and it loaded with the android wizard thing. Once I completed that, I went back to your OP ASAP and that loaded up too!

As much meaning that could possibly put into words, I thank you for sticking by me through this whole process.

I have one more question, do you have any advice from here on out or have a few recommendations on apps?

Once again, thank you :D

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Awesome! I'm really glad this worked out for you!
If you would like to donate to me without sending me any money you could go check out my android theming team's website at http://www.magnam0d.com and the blog at http://www.magnam0d.com/blog

I can recommend a bunch of apps for you and things to do depending on what you're looking for. Why don't you send me a PM with some of the types of apps you're looking for or things you want to do with your phone and I can see if I can help you out.

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

Good news and nothing but good news...it works! :D

I followed the steps by Team Defuse [difference this time I wiped the cache and data] and it loaded with the android wizard thing. Once I completed that, I went back to your OP ASAP and that loaded up too!

As much meaning that could possibly put into words, I thank you for sticking by me through this whole process.

I have one more question, do you have any advice from here on out or have a few recommendations on apps?

Once again, thank you :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE! Just updated the theme with a 2.6.1 version.
    UPDATE NUMERO DOS: The problem where the menu text is invisible has been now fixed. This is not tested but there is a 99% percent chance it should have fixed the bug.
    Update #3! All bugs fixed!!!!!!!!! w00t w00t w00t 99.99% chance of working, it is recommended to do a fresh install because I cahnged a whole buncha stuff that you cannot see but it should work without a fresh install.
    Jesus, another update? here we go again.
    I changed a few colors and changed the talk apk to the one tbaker077 made (which looks cool).
    Another update! Fixed the gmail problem!

Thanks,
    ljbaumer

***This is not my theme, I ported it over from the nexus one***

Elegant Steel is built for the D2 and the DX at the moment. For the D2 it is on fission 2.6.1 and 2.5.7 and on the Dx it is for liberty 1.1 and fission 2.5.7.

Disclamer: I DO NOT take any responsibility for anything that happens to you or your phone before or after you flash this theme. By rooting your phone you probably have already voided your warranty so you are on your own. If you have any problems I will try and help you but I cannot promise anything.

While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your phone much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this theme before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    ~cyanogenmod

Install Instructions:

1) Boot into recovery
    2)Make sure your system is mounted under mounts and storage
    3)Install the .zip from your SDcard
    4)Reboot your phone
    5)follow me on twitter ;) http://twitter.com/#!/ljbaumer99
    6)TADA!

Almost everything in this theme is at modded at least a bit from widgets to the user interfaces of apps.
    *All I did in this theme is port it over and make a bunch of modifications so it will work with fission and the DROID2*

CREDITS:
    Jedispotty: for making the original theme
    Sonnysekhon: helping out a bunch on all of my other projects that haven't been released yet.
    jj702561: for helping me out a lot
    Theimpaler747: for making the themed market which looks really cool in my opinion
    *if I forgot anyone please just PM me and I will make sure to include you*

This theme is not finished yet and is sort of still in beta format. I am going to update it according to when fission and/or the original theme is updated. Also I will come out with updates if there are any bugs that are needed to be fixed.

Another note: This is the first theme I have ever released to the public so please excuse me if there are any bugs and just post the bug in the thread and I will try and fix it.

Screenshots:

5356242990_606ea37983_z.jpg

5355628109_1a97b13025_z.jpg

5356242888_6f197aac47_z.jpg

5355627959_5dd3411916_z.jpg

5355627855_0475e98bd7_z.jpg

5355627787_2ebd101780_z.jpg

5356242466_bb0ee76d4a_z.jpg

here is the wallpaper I am using in the screenshots: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/android/themes/wallpapers/wallpaper_dark.jpg?w=9d30bb19

Download(s):

Droid2 v1.1 for fission 2.5.7 : http://purpleshoezdev.psikotick.com/ElegantSteelD2.zip
    Droid2 v2.3 UPDATE for fission 2.6.1: www.magnam0d.com/old_website/ljbaumer/themes/ElegantSteelD2.zip
    Change log:

0.9.9: first release
    1.0.0: fixed a few bugs
    1.1.0: fixed one mini bug and changed the file hosting site to my file hosting site.
    2/5/11: released a 2.6.1 version.
    2/6/11: Fixed a bug with the menu background color.
    2/8/11: all bugs fixed!
    2/9/11 changed a few colors and the talk apk.
    3/24/11 fixed gmail bug
    Yeah I can do that. I am going to just keep my themes at 2.5.7 for today because I have like 10 minutes to be on the computer and do development so I am just going to upload the theme and update my themes tomorrow. Sorry I can't update today.

Thanks,
    ljbaumer

Can you keep the pink theme for 2.5.7 and make it along side the 2.6? Because I am still using 2.5.7, but 2.6.x is out now and just waiting to see what some of the changes are.
    Thanks! I really appreciate comments like this* hint* *hint*

Just wanted to say I installed this theme and it looks great. Nice work.

- eD

I have no idea why it wouldn't work in some apps and would work in others....

I am going to update the pink ones once the super bowl is over ;)

I will look through the framework-res.apk one more time on elegant steel while I am updating the pink ones to make sure all of the menu backgrounds are black/transparent but I am pretty sure I changed all of the images.
    That and the lock screen. Same for pink but with the steel boot screen, and the adjustment my gurl did to the color. I give the OP a bottoms up!

What do you want changed on the lockscreen?!? I think the lockscreen looks great lol. I changed the pink steel bootscreen already and I will change the icons today I hope. The vibrancy thing will come out sometime this week and if I like the way it looks I will add it to the elegant steel theme ;)

Also I am not having any problems at all with the market force closing on elegant steel. I would recommend a fresh flash where you wipe everything and then flash elegant steel straight over fission 2.6.1

Thanks,
    ljbaumer

P.S. check out my google wave thread I posted the link to in one of my other posts :D