[Q] Any Rom/Kernel that retains Screen Mirroring and has SELinux set to PERMISSIVE?

Search This thread

Kaczman

Aug 21, 2006
cleveland
I'm having a hell of a time finding a rom or kernel that retains screen mirroring and permissive status. Im trying to use my S5 with my appradio2. Any suggestions?

MTMTE

Oct 2, 2011
Seattle
I'm in the same boat as you- want to use AppRadio and Chromecast I just started searching.

Last edited:

MTMTE

Oct 2, 2011
Seattle
Holy shiz! You are THE MAN. I still need to actually BUY the phone haha.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

MTMTE

Oct 2, 2011
Seattle
Well dang. I flashed the XtreStoLite G900T 1.3.5a ROM and the faux123-006u kernel (from here) and it got mirroring to work w/ the Chromecast...but its doing the thing where it only shows the top left corner of the screen all zoomed in. Same thing with the kernel XtreStoLite included.

Edit:
Once I get an actual "mirroring device/dongle" I'll try that with the faux123-006u kernel.

Kinda hilarious that the Netgear Push2TV is STILL cheaper than the official pioneer usb/MHL/HDMI cable which, fun fact, didn't work with w/ my S5.

Last edited:

MTMTE

Oct 2, 2011
Seattle
Sadly no. Any rom I could find that disabled seLinux caused MiraCasting and Chromecasting of the screen to fail.

appRadio unchained needs seLinux disabled for touchbsuppoet from what I've read. SeLinux has something to do with HDCP/DRM so I imagine its going to be a rocky road. Maybe appradio unhained reloaded wont have that limitarion?

With a rooted stock rom for the s5 I can cast the screen and VIEW it when I select HDMI as ...just no touching.

Im using an 8000x head unit.

Last edited:

fattyspecial

Sep 12, 2012
Sadly no. Any rom I could find that disabled seLinux caused MiraCasting and Chromecasting of the screen to fail.

appRadio unchained needs seLinux disabled for touchbsuppoet from what I've read. SeLinux has something to do with HDCP/DRM so I imagine its going to be a rocky road. Maybe appradio unhained reloaded wont have that limitarion?

With a rooted stock rom for the s5 I can cast the screen and VIEW it when I select HDMI as ...just no touching.

Im using an 8000x head unit.

Did anyone get this to work? I have a galaxy s5 and I'm trying to mirror it on a pioneer avh-4000nex with an allshare cast dongle.

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
I No longer care about tripping knox or mirroring I just want my s5 to work with my appraido.. any suggestions ?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

fattyspecial

Sep 12, 2012
I No longer care about tripping knox or mirroring I just want my s5 to work with my appraido.. any suggestions ?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm actually thinking about giving up on my s5 and putting my old S3 in the glove box hooked up wired via MHL and then bluetooth connection to the S3 for touchscreen controls and run ARU reloaded on the S3 and set up my s5 as a hotspot for the s3 to connect to. The only thing I'm not sure about is if my avh-4000nex can connect to the s3 via bluetooth for touchscreen controls and to the s5 for phone control simultaneously.

fattyspecial

Sep 12, 2012

Top Liked Posts