[PETITION]S-OFF for HTC One X << Let's finally unleash our devices << STICKY THREAD!

Search This thread

paranoid365

Jan 29, 2011
Alberta
Signed, although I don't think they give a rat's **** about some petitions.

I signed this way back around the time the petition was started, because I have always been an HTC fan, (still am). I signed- even though it was a long shot- because I believed like a lot of us, "why not what could it hurt", and I held on to the hope that HTC would snap out of it, and wake up to the reality that us petition signers were the hardcore HTC faithful, that were still holding on in support. We supported them when everyone else had gave up, because we knew what this company was, and is, capable of, but whether it's bad management, ownership, devs, or something not so apparent, just like Zulake predicted, HTC has chosen to pay attention 2 the wrong crowd, and I believe they will suffer as a company for that; but hey they knew the gamble, and unfortunately they continue to play the bluff.

Point being, I have since moved on to another device, that is not HTC, and my decision was made easier by the blatant arrogance of the company. I was sooooo close to getting the, "one", a device that finally had the feature I have always wanted, and have been hoping for - for years, (front facing speakers), and I was literally minutes from getting one, but in the end it was HTC themselves that made the decision for me, (I just wasn't willing to dance the dance anymore, so I bowed out).

I honestly wish HTC the best, they have great ideas, and products, and competition is always a win for us consumers, but I unfortunately had to move on from a, "set in their ways", company, because in the end it's my hard earned money on the line, (and that's my reality).

Last edited:

maxilick

Jun 27, 2008
Not signing as it's been done before many times and it's a waste of space. BTW think of a better way of turning over a few $, like develop a decent rom or new app. Not donating a red cent. :D :D :D

Sent from...... The Milky Way

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I signed this way back around the time the petition was started, because I have always been an HTC fan, (still am). I signed- even though it was a long shot- because I believed like a lot of us, "why not what could it hurt", and I held on to the hope that HTC would snap out of it, and wake up to the reality that us petition signers were the hardcore HTC faithful, that were still holding on in support. We supported them when everyone else had gave up, because we knew what this company was, and is, capable of, but whether it's bad management, ownership, devs, or something not so apparent, just like Zulake predicted, HTC has chosen to pay attention 2 the wrong crowd, and I believe they will suffer as a company for that; but hey they knew the gamble, and unfortunately they continue to play the bluff.

Point being, I have since moved on to another device, that is not HTC, and my decision was made easier by the blatant arrogance of the company. I was sooooo close to getting the, "one", a device that finally had the feature I have always wanted, and have been hoping for - for years, (front facing speakers), and I was literally minutes from getting one, but in the end it was HTC themselves that made the decision for me, (I just wasn't willing to dance the dance anymore, so I bowed out).

I honestly wish HTC the best, they have great ideas, and products, and competition is always a win for us consumers, but I unfortunately had to move on from a, "set in their ways", company, because in the end it's my hard earned money on the line, (and that's my reality).

How touching, I was almost in tears. :D

Reactions: paranoid365

Brds7t7

Sep 25, 2010
Nottingham
Loved HTC for years but the way they're treating their customers/fanbase lately I'm also going to be moving away from them once my contract is up. S-Off is just one of the reasons. Even the "One" won't convince me to stay with them.

Will sign it though, but I think it's all too late now anyway.

Sent from My Calculator!

Reactions: paranoid365
G

GuestK00105

Good luck guys I've given up on HTC they don't care about us the dev community is probably less than 1%.
Sucks I just can't completely flash without my laptop.
Kind of ruins the fun!
My 5th one of there phones I've owned. Just prefer them but I'm not buying a HTC again unless it has s-off

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

gothicasshole

Nov 23, 2010
I'm what you mean but I'm poor so I'm gonna stick with what I GOT man but the one is making e wanna barf got my phone rooted from the dev site if you follow hysoon2000s kit it's solid but your gonna ha e to make a folder from the HTC prompts and use the sdk and extract files to it and drag and drop the token.bat from downloads to the android folder then the kit takes over

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Good luck guys I've given up on HTC they don't care about us the dev community is probably less than 1%.
Sucks I just can't completely flash without my laptop.
Kind of ruins the fun!
My 5th one of there phones I've owned. Just prefer them but I'm not buying a HTC again unless it has s-off

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The fact that it involves a PC... makes it fun... u have to think twice... repack the image.. go to fastboot.. flash the boot.img...
Makes it interesting... Just flashing via recovery would have made it booooring :p jk..

I don't find any reason why you should scrap htc... We have such a delightful development community... HOX is a year old device... still it's one of the most active android development forum... When you have such a nice advantage over others... S-ON doesn't seem like a problem at all :good:

maxilick

Jun 27, 2008
This and other similar threads have proven to be a waste of space/storage and are useless

Reactions: vin4yak

boughness

Jun 20, 2012
nice, done

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Totally agree. S-ON is not ruining my life at all. I also find that having to use the PC is a nice safety measure. Although I could totally understand the pain if I were a mac user and didn't have a PC. Then again most mac users would have bought an iphone anyway. =]

The fact that it involves a PC... makes it fun... u have to think twice... repack the image.. go to fastboot.. flash the boot.img...
Makes it interesting... Just flashing via recovery would have made it booooring :p jk..

I don't find any reason why you should scrap htc... We have such a delightful development community... HOX is a year old device... still it's one of the most active android development forum... When you have such a nice advantage over others... S-ON doesn't seem like a problem at all :good:

nice, done

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Totally agree. S-ON is not ruining my life at all. I also find that having to use the PC is a nice safety measure. Although I could totally understand the pain if I were a mac user and didn't have a PC. Then again most mac users would have bought an iphone anyway. =]

Fastboot and ADB also works on OSX, I use OSX,

Why I would have bought an iPhone in first place?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [PETITION]S-OFF for HTC One X << Let's finally unleash our devices << STICKY THREAD!

Hey guys! Max here again. Let's finally show HTC that we really need S-OFF for our One devices! Let's unleash our beasts! Let's tell HTC to release official S-OFF method which would be worldwide available.

>>>CLICK HERE<<<

If you don't leave your signature here, it means that YOU DON'T WANT TO GET S-OFF!
    Mod, please make this thread sticky. ;)

LET'S MAKE BIG REVOLUTION. FOR OUR ONE X's.

Signed, although I don't think they give a rat's **** about some petitions.

I have just called HTC (international) - they said that they will look into our petition, but firstly we need to get more signatures :)

Click "thanks", guys ._.
    Signed!

But i think here is NOT right place for this kind of subject bro
    As I remember HTC didn't reply for desire hd users asking for ics update and they had 16000 signature petition, HTC doesn't listen anymore