Chromecast Network Problem - Help!

Search This thread

SeanPlunk

May 7, 2011
I'm having a major problem and I can't seem to figure out the issue :\

I've been using Avia + Chromecast without issue for weeks.

However, recently I'm having an issue where all of the sudden the video playback goes to crap and things start playing at a slideshow rate.

Once things go wrong there is no recovering. If I play the movie on a tablet or my phone it works fine. As soon as I try to cast it through Avia though it takes forever to load and then when it finally does play it's a choppy mess. Restarting the Chromecast has no effect. Restarting the device I was using to cast also has no effect. The network is showing full speed ahead (21 down) and everything plays smoothly on any of the Android devices until I try to cast it.

The only thing that fixes the problem is restarting my router. I don't understand how it could be a router problem though because if that were the case wouldn't the speed drop, and why would everything play smoothly on the individual devices themselves?

I have also tried using AllCast to see if it's an Avia problem but the same thing happens. It'll work great, I stream an entire movie in high and then once I move onto the next piece of media/movie all of the sudden it's like the Chromecast gets confused and that's all she wrote until I restart the router :crying:

I have AT&T Uverse and my connection averages 20+ down.

I have the following devices connected to my network and the problem occurs casting from any of the Android devices eventually:
Computer
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.3)
LG G Pad 8.3 (4.2.2)
Google Nexus 7 (2012) (4.4.2)
Motorola Droid X (2.3.4)
Sony Blu-Ray Player

Does anyone have any clue what could be causing the problem?

Last edited:

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
I'm having a major problem and I can't seem to figure out the issue :\

I've been using S***box + Avia + Chromecast without issue for weeks.

However, recently I'm having an issue where all of the sudden the video playback goes to crap and things start playing at a slideshow rate.

Once things go wrong there is no recovering. If I play the movie on a tablet or my phone it works fine. As soon as I try to cast it through Avia though it takes forever to load and then when it finally does play it's a choppy mess. Restarting the Chromecast has no effect. Restarting the device I was using to cast also has no effect. The network is showing full speed ahead (21 down) and everything plays smoothly on any of the Android devices until I try to cast it.

The only thing that fixes the problem is restarting my router. I don't understand how it could be a router problem though because if that were the case wouldn't the speed drop, and why would everything play smoothly on the individual devices themselves?

I have also tried using AllCast to see if it's an Avia problem but the same thing happens. It'll work great, I stream an entire movie in high and then once I move onto the next piece of media/movie all of the sudden it's like the Chromecast gets confused and that's all she wrote until I restart the router :crying:

I have AT&T Uverse and my connection averages 20+ down.

I have the following devices connected to my network and the problem occurs casting from any of the Android devices eventually:
Computer
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.3)
LG G Pad 8.3 (4.2.2)
Google Nexus 7 (2012) (4.4.2)
Motorola Droid X (2.3.4)
Sony Blu-Ray Player

Does anyone have any clue what could be causing the problem?

We do not discuss s***box, but I'll try to address your general network issue.
Sounds like either there's some cascading failure like packet repetition death or throttling.

If your router has any WiFi optimizations like WMM, try toggling that. Also look for QoS (Quality of Service) functions too.

SeanPlunk

May 7, 2011
We do not discuss s***box, but I'll try to address your general network issue.
Sounds like either there's some cascading failure like packet repetition death or throttling.

If your router has any WiFi optimizations like WMM, try toggling that. Also look for QoS (Quality of Service) functions too.

Removed the reference to forbidden app, thanks for the head's up.

I'll check my options to see if any of your suggestions will help. Thanks :good: