2.1 Leak [WILL DISABLE ROOT]

Search This thread

zanfur

Feb 14, 2010
Looks like the file is corrupt on purpose. I think I've found the section that was changed intentionally:

Code:
0328 8C80: 68 F7 20 20 20 20 20 63  6C 6F 73 65 0D 0A 0D 0A  h.     c lose....

This is also where unzip twigged, and it says "close"? Come on. Someone has a sense of humor.

I'm gonna see if I can bruteforce it -- there aren't that many bytes there. If it unzips correctly, and then passes sigcheck, I think we can be secure that it's the right rom. Of course, this might not be close at all...

Well, someone might want to try this. I've gotten the unzip errors to go away, but I haven't tested it on an actual device. Anyone want to try? I've uploaded the (very tiny) binary patch. You'll need the bspatch utility (windows port here: http://sites.inka.de/tesla/f_others.html#bsdiff). Rename the one you downloaded to something else like PB00IMG-corrupt.zip, and run this:

Code:
bspatch PB00IMG-corrupt.zip PB00IMG.zip eris-eclair.bpatch

That will create a new PB00IMG.zip that is no longer corrupt. Someone test it on a phone and let me know if it works! :)

Attachments

• eris-eclair.zip
    456 bytes · Views: 298

listyb01

May 21, 2009
Detroit, MI
Someone test it on a phone and let me know if it works!

As tempting as that sounds...I have only 1 phone so I guess I will sit back and watch and wait. Great job on the fix though, I'm sure it won't be long until someone shows up to test it out. Fingers crossed

ericFuels999

Feb 20, 2010
i can't download the .zip patch file. it keeps telling me to sign in, even though i'm already signed in.

t2noob

Feb 26, 2010
So who is going to be the brave soul to try it out on theirs?
I'll wait for someone to either give us the thumbs up or tell us we shouldn't.

zanfur

Feb 14, 2010
So who is going to be the brave soul to try it out on theirs?
I'll wait for someone to either give us the thumbs up or tell us we shouldn't.

A couple people in the IRC channel are trying it now. I'll have them post their results. And hopefully a video.

Btw, the patch changes 32 bytes, starting at position 52989058.

listyb01

May 21, 2009
Detroit, MI
A couple people in the IRC channel are trying it now. I'll have them post their results. And hopefully a video.

Btw, the patch changes 32 bytes, starting at position 52989058.

A video would be sweet but all that I really need is for someone to say that it is a working version of 2.1 and I'm all over it! If it loads I'll deal will checking for bugs later :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With as many bugs as have been reported here and on other forums (besides the obvious apps that won't work with 2.1 yet), do you really think that this is THE rom that will eventually be the OTA update? I would think some of this would be fixed first, possibly why it isn't out officially yet