Lost OS and phone won't boot

Search This thread

lt1pnyklr

Aug 15, 2009
Greenville, SC
I bought a Nexus 5 from someone and everything was working fine. I brought it home to flash another ROM and when I downloaded the zip file and booted into recovery, Team Win 2.6.3.1, I erased everything like I normally would but didn't realize this recovery wiped everything, the ROM on the root of the drive and the OS. So now I have a phone with no OS. I tried downloading the ROM to my laptop and mounting the phone over USB but it's not working. Any suggestions guys?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Two options, push a rom onto the device or side load it or flash the factory image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

lt1pnyklr

Aug 15, 2009
Greenville, SC
Push it using ADB? Do you have the command I would type for this?

Where can I find the Nexus drivers? I wonder if that's why it won't mount through recovery?

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I downloaded all the drivers and I still cannot mount the phone. How do I push the rom to the phone through adb? Where can I find that command?

If you used the tool you should have adb on your pc. Find which folder adb.exe is. Download any rom zip file and put it in that folder. Open a command window in that folder, shift right click on it and a pop up window will open where you can open the command window.

In the command window use adb push your rom.zip /sdcard/download. That should put the rom onto your device. You can then flash it in your recovery

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
It show's the serial for this phone and says recovery out beside it.

Good, adb is working. Try pushing the rom again

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Good, adb is working. Try pushing the rom again

If that doesn't work then boot into twrp and go to advanced, adb sideload. Then from a cmd window type adb sideload your rom.zip

lt1pnyklr

Aug 15, 2009
Greenville, SC
I appreciate your help but nothing works! This is so frustrating.

ADB sideload is enabled on the phone and it's waiting. I typed in the command to push the file and nothing...

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I also have an HTC One M7 that will not adb push roms to. This phone works fine though. It's the Nexus I can't get a ROM onto the sdcard.

See if you can use fastboot and flash the factory image. You might start with just flashing the cache.img to see if that'll work

Reactions: lt1pnyklr

lt1pnyklr

Aug 15, 2009
Greenville, SC
Where can I get the factory image? Also, what are the commands for fastboot?

I really appreciate your help with this I just want to get the phone working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also have an HTC One M7 that will not adb push roms to. This phone works fine though. It's the Nexus I can't get a ROM onto the sdcard.

See if you can use fastboot and flash the factory image. You might start with just flashing the cache.img to see if that'll work