[Root]How to Root Note2 [N7100] & keep flash counter 0

Search This thread

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
i tried using cf-auto root..many times..........i get "fail"...complete (writing) failed error..........dont know what is wrong..can you throw some light............on stock LJ3 india

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
Of course with pc Odin... still getting fail. All drivers installed. . Firewall and anti virus. . Kies disabled. . Check sum md5 is valid. . But after trying to write the pit.. It says complete ( write) failed

sent from my galaxy note 2 (7100)

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
Done them all dude. .. May be need to try another computer. . :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Do I need to enable usb debugging mode before going into download mode?..

Narhim

Jul 10, 2011
Done them all dude. .. May be need to try another computer. . :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Do I need to enable usb debugging mode before going into download mode?..

I suppose it should work without USB debugging. I managed without few times. Now I have it enabled. Maybe you try. Else you can send it back and get a new one (I am not sure they'll change it if the reason is that you can't root your phone). Hope you'll find a solution!

Hmm... You have Kies installed? Try to de-install it and leave only driver. Else you can use the toolkit from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923956...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
I suppose it should work without USB debugging. I managed without few times. Now I have it enabled. Maybe you try. Else you can send it back and get a new one (I am not sure they'll change it if the reason is that you can't root your phone). Hope you'll find a solution!

Hmm... You have Kies installed? Try to de-install it and leave only driver. Else you can use the toolkit from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923956...

thanks, was thinking the same ...on another computer tried with only the driver and no kies...job done in few seconds ...stupid kies...what is the need for kies?...useless junk:mad:

Narhim

Jul 10, 2011
thanks, was thinking the same ...on another computer tried with only the driver and no kies...job done in few seconds ...stupid kies...what is the need for kies?...useless junk:mad:

No idea... Was always using Odin :)
Good to hear that it worked well! Just get rid of Kies and everything will be fine.
Btw. the tool is really nice. Check it out...

emprize

Jan 15, 2007
dr please help!!

i reset the counter, then i flashed N7105 LJ4(HK) via mobile odin pro with everRoot and wipe data, after that, i install triangle away and check the counter, it still at 1 and status as custom, so i try reset the counter and wipe data+cache again, but the counter still 1 and status still custom.......

what can i do? will i lose warranty in this status? im sure its on stock recovery and stock rom now!!

Last edited:

cardsandchips

Sep 11, 2011
Galxy note2 flashed to Boost

Just for the record the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 (SPH-L900) can be flashed to Boost Mobile as I flashed my first one yesterday with everything working.

xriel

Mar 16, 2011
so if i install cwm6-root-note2.tar on pc odin, it will root my phone and will be on cwm recovery?

it will be on stock recovery if only i flash the stock recovery.. also will be on system official?

can i keep the binary counter to 1 as it is and use all d goodies of cwm recovery? many thanks..

shoestringx

Nov 14, 2012
please advise

This guide have practically no use now. As CF have released Cf Auto Root for N7100
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31801060&postcount=2
Though who have used old method still can use this.
Here is guide How to reset counter to '0' and keep device rooted
All credits to Chainfire and chenglu, without their amazing tool we can't have this......
- Flash chenglu's custom recovery and Chainfires SuperSU (Here is guide)
- Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access
- Reset counter with Triangle away
- Download this recovery
- Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab.
- Now your counter still will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
- You will have binnary count '0' but system status still will be 'custom'
- Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and data
(this step is just for keeping status' official '
You can skip if you have too much data, as this status can be achieved even in semibricked condition by wiping from recovery Or by flashing stock rom from download mode. And in hard bricked this status can't be read :p) important thing is to just keep count' 0'.

- You will have binary count '0' and current binary 'official' as well system status 'official'
- still you will have root but with stock recovery
you can enjoy full root access without worrying of warranty
:)
dear dr ketan
After i flashed my device GT N7100 ZCALJ6 with cf auto root by following your procedure above, i am not able to update it either through OTA or Kies, though i applied triangleaway 4 or 5 times. it seems that i am stuck in the middle not being able to use neither Samsung update nor CWM update, even Titanium update to have a minimum protection. Would please advise away out??
Some other guys share the same experience, still we are impressed by your efforts and Chainfire's auto root technique.
thank you very much for all...

Reactions: vrathe

Narhim

Jul 10, 2011
dear dr ketan
After i flashed my device GT N7100 ZCALJ6 with cf auto root by following your procedure above, i am not able to update it either through OTA or Kies, though i applied triangleaway 4 or 5 times. it seems that i am stuck in the middle not being able to use neither Samsung update nor CWM update, even Titanium update to have a minimum protection. Would please advise away out??
Some other guys share the same experience, still we are impressed by your efforts and Chainfire's auto root technique.
thank you very much for all...

There is no possibility that you'd have root and OTA working as the system can detect root (and become custom). This is nothing of a concern, just use your rooted phone, when (if any) there is a warrant time, just flash stock via pc odin and you'll be good to send it in.
For rooted devices it's advised to use mobile odin with everroot option activated...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For detail guide about how to root N7100 -
    Read
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696
    Post # 2 and 3 of above said thread

---------------------------------------------------------------
    This guide basically written when there was only available method to root device was flashing chenglu's recovery, which was causing to raise flash counter 1 even after triangle away. That was due to samsung's bootloader for Note 2 which have autosum check for recovery. So if you are using any custom recovery your flash counter will raise to 1. Also read this if you want to use CWM recovery and want to reset counter at every boot.

Later Chainfire have introduce 'Cf Auto root' and in that case no need to use this tutorial as CF auto root package includes stock recovery.

Still this guide is useful who have flashed CWM and want to move to stock recovery with reseting counter '0'

Here is guide How to reset counter to '0' and keep device rooted

All credits to Chainfire and chenglu, without their amazing tool we can't have this......

-If you have rooted with CWM recovery
    - Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access.
    - Download this stock recovery OR This latest stock recovery from LL7 which believe to be patched by samsung.
    - Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab.
    - Reset counter with Triangle away
    - Now your counter will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
    - You will have binnary count '0' but system status still will be 'custom'
    - Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and data
    (this step is just for keeping status' official '
    You can skip if you have too much data, as this status can be achieved even in semibricked condition by wiping from recovery Or by flashing stock rom from download mode. And in hard bricked this status can't be read :p) important thing is to just keep count' 0'.

- You will have binary count '0' and current binary 'official' as well system status 'official'
    - with latest bootloader you can't achieve system status 'official' with wipe cache and data too, in that case you may need to reflash stock ROM, reboot normally, play for 10 min and it should be 'official'

New :
    How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in device setting without factory reset.

you can enjoy full root access without worrying of warranty

:)
    No No
    This is bootloader bug
    while entering recovery just release power button once splash screen appear, above said error will go, and you can entre to recovery.
    Plz remove quating of full post.
    Now Chainfire have added 'CF Auto Root' to keep counter '0' with Stock recovery

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31801060&postcount=2

Moderator can close this thread Now
    Mobile Odin Pro flashcounter raise is fixed in version 3.40 afaik :)

Mobile odin 3.40 itself first version which have add Note 2 support.
    And i have tried (as well many other user reported) that to flash stock recovery, but it does raise counter.
    Hi guys where is the flash counter these posts r making me paranoid. Right now I flashed like 3 or 4 things but where is the counter???

Vol down +home+power and enter ind download mode.on the upper left screen you see three or four lines.One of them saying something like current binary status

Sent from the Beast