Touchless control - music

Search This thread

Thraxzzz

Mar 18, 2013
Singapore
I can't seem to do the 'okay Google Now play *track name*' anyone of you can successfully do it? Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-D958 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rupterr

Dec 3, 2013
I can get it to play a song, but it's hit or miss most of the time. Sometimes I say play the song title only and it works, other times I say the artist and song title and it works. Other times in both scenarios it responds incorrectly taking me to the web, or sates it can't start the "instant mix". It's all over the place really, a crap shoot. I'm on 4.4.

D

Darth

Mine won't play music either.....which is the only use I'd have for touchless control. Now touchless control is frozen. No other use for it. Personally. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone.....

frenchie007

Jan 27, 2011
Mine actually seems to work pretty well most of the time. Maybe the fact that all of my music is uploaded on Google play music helps out?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

GandalfTehGray

Jan 13, 2011
I could never get it to play what I wanted. So I just made an app via Tasker app factory that will just play whatever I had playing last. I just tell it to "Open App, 'Start Music'" and it will. Not perfect but better than the randomness of what they were doing.

Thraxzzz

Mar 18, 2013
Singapore
All it ever does on my Dev edition is search the Web, darn it

Sent from my LG-D958 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zhypher_23

Jun 28, 2012
I have the same problem here (Opening a Music Track w/ Touchless Controls)..Is there a work around for this problem? I can really imagine myself using this command being very useful to me, Does somebody know how to fix or make this work?

danger2u

Jan 24, 2010
I have the same problem here (Opening a Music Track w/ Touchless Controls)..Is there a work around for this problem? I can really imagine myself using this command being very useful to me, Does somebody know how to fix or make this work?

i have problems too with music playing
u can try "ok google now listen to Lady gaga" and make Google play default player

monster30

Oct 4, 2012
Mexico
i have problems too with music playing
u can try "ok google now listen to Lady gaga" and make Google play default player

or he can also try with "ok google now play lady gaga" or the name of the song
i kind of solve it, i say that phrase, google says it's playing it and google music says "no results found" .... if anyone have that problem u can try to delete google music updates , it work for me ?
vgdWibn.jpg

0CxnlN7.jpg

Sent from Moto X using xda premium

Last edited:
D

Darth

I made a tasker app to solve this.

I made it how I want it to work anyway. ;)

Install the app. It will be called "Shuffle".

Do your ok Google now or whatever you say to open touchless control.

Say "open shuffle"

The app will be opened. It opens Google music, starts playing music on shuffle mode. Then goes back to your home screen. Then I use Bluetooth to control it...like next track and whatever. Or you can drag down the status bar and control it that way.

Works great for me! Thought I'd share it with those interested.

Of course you don't need tasker, cause it's an app now. But you do need root and have to grant it root permission. Don't know why....tasker just makes it that way it seems.

Enjoy. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhpc1g062h1ckkf/lvk.pwk.gou-1.apk

danger2u

Jan 24, 2010
I made a tasker app to solve this.

I made it how I want it to work anyway. ;)

Install the app. It will be called "Shuffle".

Do your ok Google now or whatever you say to open touchless control.

Say "open shuffle"

The app will be opened. It opens Google music, starts playing music on shuffle mode. Then goes back to your home screen. Then I use Bluetooth to control it...like next track and whatever. Or you can drag down the status bar and control it that way.

Works great for me! Thought I'd share it with those interested.

Of course you don't need tasker, cause it's an app now. But you do need root and have to grant it root permission. Don't know why....tasker just makes it that way it seems.

Enjoy. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhpc1g062h1ckkf/lvk.pwk.gou-1.apk

ok i make it works
u must say the first title of the song
example ok google now listen Applause or the name of the album

D

Darth

ok i make it works
u must say the first title of the song
example ok google now listen Applause or the name of the album

Nope...never works for me. Or some others it seems. The tasker app is simple...say "open shuffle". Done, you're music is shuffling. :)

Obviously it doesn't help if you want to listen to something in particular. But in the car I use shuffle...and hit next on my Bluetooth if I want to skip a song.

That's just me. And that's how the app was made. Just thought I'd share it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here. The ghost in the machine has a temper.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk