[Q]TMo 4.4 Update error. Download corrupted.

Search This thread

anirudhgargi

Dec 3, 2010
Bangalore
I was pushed the KK update for TMo HTC one. The update was dowloaded, after that it verifies the contents of the firmware. It is failing saying "Download is corropted' and asks to dowload again. I downloaded it 3 times , everytime i am getting the same error. I soft reseted the phone and checked and downloaded again. No luck.

Later i killed the 'updater' app and cleared its app cache (some 20kb of data was there) via the setting-> apps-> All- > Updater. Now the in setting when i check for the update it dosen't show me the 4.4 update available :(

Is there any way by which i can update it via the PC ? I could not find any tool from HTC for it, sync manager dosen't do firmware update.

P.S : Phone is on 4.3 , never rooted, no custom roms. Just network unlocked via network code from T-MObile.

Thanks !!

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
I was pushed the KK update for TMo HTC one. The update was dowloaded, after that it verifies the contents of the firmware. It is failing saying "Download is corropted' and asks to dowload again. I downloaded it 3 times , everytime i am getting the same error. I soft reseted the phone and checked and downloaded again. No luck.

Later i killed the 'updater' app and cleared its app cache (some 20kb of data was there) via the setting-> apps-> All- > Updater. Now the in setting when i check for the update it dosen't show me the 4.4 update available :(

Is there any way by which i can update it via the PC ? I could not find any tool from HTC for it, sync manager dosen't do firmware update.

P.S : Phone is on 4.3 , never rooted, no custom roms. Just network unlocked via network code from T-MObile.

Thanks !!

Nope, there is no way you can update via PC. The only update method is OTA. Backup your data and do a full reset. Then try installing the OTA